Tuesday 1/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 1/24

Good morning..if some one else is typing while please combine the threads..

I am hoping for a better day at work today...the customers where not very nice and half way through my shift..half way through my task I got more work dumped on me. I left the department looking decent but one customer can totally mess that up!

Cori is completely full of it today.

I guess I missed the excitement in the neighborhood. My neighbor was arrested. We think its drug related...no one really knows or they aren't say. I guess the swat team went in and got him. In the mean time since hes been in Jail the house has been broken into. He and his wife are in the middle of a divorice..She had left the house an taken the kids a couple months before, I am so glad the kids dont have to be in the middle of all that.

Work this morning volunteering this afternoon..,mcdonalds on the way home.

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..It is light snow and rain at the same time..NO.!! sun to day..

I thought it was good day..To Clean out the socks drawer..I bought alot of them..They were on sale...I will donate to church..And they all "NEW"..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning! We actually have a dusting of snow out there, but that won't last long.

Yesterday was good. Not super productive, but that was OK. I chatted with the hygienist while she was cleaning his teeth...no cavities!...about baking and eventually it lead to jobs & golf lessons for her son. Anyways, after I got home I created 3 cookie trays....one for my Mom, one for the Bible study group, and one for the dentist's office. I then took it in to them. The hygienist ask if I'd be willing to bake in her kosher oven if she wanted pies for a synagogue event. Told her I'm game if she is. The only ingredient that I couldn't use is the lard in the pie crust. Just puttered around the rest of the day.

Not sure what today will bring. No real plans. Cork is going to wax & polish my car, so I won't be going anywhere for a while. Just realized I forgot to send a note with Blaise for early dismissal since we have eye appointments this afternoon. May have to go run a note over to the school this morning using Corky's car. Blaise has BB practice this evening, so that's where I'll be for a while.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning to all....scope all over with, but what a long day it turned out to be....a few biopsies and the Dr. says after she gets the results we will talk about the next steps in my care...fine by me..

We ate at a Frisch's Big Boy yesterday, been a long time since I ate at one of those, they had a great grilled chicken sandwich...brought half of it home, I was really just plenty thirsty, LOL.

No real plans today, seems once I have the procedure the next day is spent close to home, (potty). So thinking some chicken noodles, mashed potatoes and green beans will be an 'easy' supper for me and my gut.

Another dreary day of rain, would much prefer to see the white instead of this...such a strange winter weather already, but each day brings us closer to spring...

jostoy, you need to give that spine of yours a rest sometimes!!

Have a good day one and all...off to read news and finish my coffee...trying to stay in bed longer in the mornings, would be okay if the cats were not meowing at the door at 5:00 a.m.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          And IF I did that, who would do my work for me????

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Heck no, I could not keep up with you...

Good Morning.

Great news about Blaise! Glad he is taking care of his teeth (or maybe that should be YOU)!

No need for transfusion, so we are off all week. Looks like John is getting things rounded up for income tax.

I just cooked 1/2 of bacon in the oven and John is starting a fire with the greasy papers. Yay!

Leftover pizza for us today.

Have a good day, Everyone. :

Comment

Good morning!
          Yesterday was great! Becky got to class after finding parking and my mom did fine while she was on her own. Today Becky has no classes and will be studying at my mom's . I took over dinner yesterday and will do the same today.
          No sun out, yet, but it is said to be on its way.
          Good news at the dentist, Donna! And great you may be getting a new customer!
          Beth, I am more aware of how I leave the shelves I go through in the stores since reading your posts.
          Take care and take heart! I have wild violets coming up! Spring is on its way...

Comment

• bethina
            bethina commented
            Editing a comment
            I am completely sure that the employees appriciate that. I know I am way more careful when I am shopping

Good morning.
          It was difficult to sign in again today, and my pe wasn't recognized. Restarted this, and all is fine now. But what happened to my post yesterday? I KNOW I posted. Apparently the plane used Canadian WiFi service, which might not have been recognized? Oh well.
          E made the trip as easy on me as possible. Which meant wheelchair service for me between gates. One gate in particular apparently was a mile's worth of walking; the pusher all but ran me there. When we got to Detroit, the pusher took me to the main area to wait while he got another customer from the plane. He said he could push two at once. (What if we were going in different directions?). Apparently they had a big altercation, both using swear-names on each other. Then she went to the desk to complain. Finally E said he'd push me himself, told the guy what his stops would be so he coulee get the wheelchair later. (He never did show up, and certainly did not get his tip!)
          I probably told you the Memorial service was very nice, with a very wonderful luncheon afterwards. We were surprised that E's "evil twin" didn't show up. Hope nobody at her place was sick. We saw my brother and his SO for a day, and I watched him coming down with a cold or flu, so we left him to let him rest. He texted me the next day and said his SO was catching it too, so we had no other opportunity to see them. The only downside of the trip was there was barely any sunshine. Half of the time was pretty grey, misty, and foggy.
          E got a chance to see his HS friend, and I met his wife. We met at a Bob Evans restaurant (Sharon, wasn't Bob Evans part of Big Boy's way back when I was in my teens? We all got along beautifully. Then E's brother's kids got in touch, and wanted to meet at another Bob Evans's for dinner, so we did that.
          The next day we went to the home of a niece from E's oldest sister's (now deceased) family. These are the really "fun kids" of the family. They are right there to help (if I move a muscle at all) if I need it, without being asked. I have to say that I need to do all that I can without assistance. And they let me do that, but somebody is always nearby....just in case. The two big dogs could be a nuisance, but they didn't force themselves into anyone's plate (they'd sit and stare at you, then the plate, with pathetic eyes). Mostly they were funny to watch. Then there was that beautifully gorgeous 3-mo-old girl, with very thick black hair and blue-blue eyes named Blayke (pronounced Blake). Soooooooo adorable! Nothing phased her, the dogs didn't scare her in the least, she had a beautiful humor, and just glowed when she smiled at you or laughed. I told E to take a picture so I could send it to my family to show them what pregancies should produce! (No, I really wouldn't do that, but my stupid comments brought on rounds of laughter that surprised me.
          But we are back home now, and feel like it may take a couple of days to recuperate. We will not be recommending United Airlines to anyone. Flying 1st class was like being in coach, except they constantly give you all kinds of snacks and soft drinks. The seats were not larger or cushy, separated only by the tray tables in the armrest. On the return trip we had the same plane both flights. E said that the only bathroom, in the back of the plane, was far too compact so you could barely move, and it was filthy. So I waited and used the airport facility, and was glad that I brought extra Depends in my purse.

So, I'm back.
          Beth, be glad you didn't have to witness that "excitement". You never know how bad those can turn out.
          Sassy, loved the cat pic today and yesterday!
          Cookie, what will you use in the kosher pie crust? Shortening or butter or a combination?
          Boffler, I thought of you coming into MI as we were packing to leave. I'll probably be needing that procedure done more regularly now.
          Elaine, your house probably smells heavenly with those greasy papers in the fireplace! Mmmmmmm!

To everyone, have a really great day.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Just shortening. I just started using lard in the last 2 years, so it'll be no big deal to go back to just shortening. I'm hoping I can mix my stuff up here at home and just take it there to bake. We'll see. Hey, maybe they'll have a gorgeous kitchen.

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            JoGee,Aww..thank-you..I try to bring little sunshine..To everyone..And little laugh too..

Cookie, wouldn't that be nice!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good evening

I would have bet money t hat I had posted this morning .. but I don't see me up there... so ..as Donna said .snow a wee bit . all gone .. since tomorrow is supposed to be warmer... I refused to go out of the house today.. all over sweepering.....made a " double " lunch like Donna does.. the dish I like David will eat.. reluctantly.. so I made his favorite macaroni dish and then mine... so he was happy camper..
            . been a quiet day.. finished off my library books.. ordered some more.. got a book on the Kindle .. but don't much care for it.. I spend more time hunting books and trying to remember how to save them.. I think a regular Kindle that download from the computer would have been simpler than the direct .Wi-fi connected. Kindle..but give me 6 months and I will get it...

JoG.. quite a trip for you.!.. you should be exhausted!...
            Bethina...You are getting better and better at handling "situations " at work..

SassyG... if the cat would have been black and white that would have been my KD Kat. ... she don't mind me reading as much as when I am building puzzle... wish I knew how to upload pictures here .. so I could put picture on of KD.

need some tea.. see you in the morning..

Hi to all you dear folks above and all that read.. winter without sunshine is very tiring .
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maye.Really...Aww...Mine like to play with my yarn ball..She want to help..
              I would like that..to see your KD...

Maye, I had forgotten how cold the Midwestern states' winters could be. I used to be out in it nearly every day, even walking the few miles to high school when the weather was decent. Now I can't take the cold so well.
            Today I was in my nightie and fluffy robe all day. Tomorrow I'll get more ambitiously!

You know what we came home to? Tonight and the following two nights our weather hits freezing or below. I didn't need this, for sure. 😒. We will be having "Mrs Grass" brand of chicken soup every day. I add veggies to it. Cheddar cheese slices might also go in it. I can eat two helpings of that with no problems. And it warms me. (I discovered in MI that coffee warms me very well, but then I barely sleep at night.). Live and learn...even at this late stage in life.

Sassy's cat pics are funny but still touching. I'm so tempted to find a kitten....actually two, because I believe in companionship for pets. But I'm not quite there yet. I do miss the ones I had. It's funny: you get a cat, and IT eventually decides whether you're the alpha or if it has that honor. I had one that was very alpha, and she decided that if I woke at 5 a.m. on weekdays, I should be awake that early on weekends.....and her sandpapery tongue made it so. I still don't know how she opened my bedroom door, but I eventually gave in.

Well, bedtime here. G'night everyone.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X