Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ Dec. 17th

Morning all

Went to bed early - so I got up super early. Figured I'd beat the bad weather to work. And I did.

Is there anything worse than a moody man? Chris was so moody last night I finally got up and went to bed. Didn't even say good night. Guess he had a bug up his butt about something.

Tomorrow is our Christmas lunch at work - we are having it catered by Sonny's BBQ and it will be GREAT. We were pleasantly surprised how inexpensive it is. Boss leaves right after the lunch for his 2 week annual vacation. WOOT!

So I'm off to run reports and make some coffee. Y'all have a good 'un.

Last edited by Pat B; 12-17-2015, 06:53 AM.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning everyone..Early bird get the worm..lol..
    Where is the worm..Hiding..

Pat,I like that...That is too funnny..I loved it..lol...

Here is my cat pic..This one is my favorite...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning, Pat. And to the rest when they crawl out from under the warm covers.

I just checked the weather for Christmas, and it will be in the 60's here. Maybe I could have saved my money this winter and stayed home. No matter, it will be nice to get away for a while.

Today I get an injection in my spine, then it's on north to Terre Haute for a little Christmas shopping. The only thing that I will probably buy is a Christmas bag to put a gift in. The other 2 gifts to buy is fruit baskets, and I won't buy those until next week.

Everyone have a good day. Don't forget to smile at people today. ( it will either brighten their day or they will wonder what you might be up to. Either way, you'll take their minds off of what they were thinking. )
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning Rounders.......did not make it here over the past few days......many things going on. My daughter Monica's Father-in-Law passed away and my daughter Marianne and I took care of buying some food items for the funeral guests. Also attended the Church service..... and burial...

Got some cut out cookies frosted yesterday.....Hannah and her Mom came over and we got a large quantity of cut out cookies done. I am going to try to get some others done today......My Son Mike and wife Leisa will be here on the weekend to make some cookies too.... They will do the Italian cookies "pizzelles"......and some other cookie press cookies.

Going to try to get out of the house today.......have been having so much pain in my knees....not doing that much shopping. May have to get to an orthopedic surgeon one of these days.....so tired of the pain....and it is not getting better.in fact it is worse.

Thank goodness for my daughter Marianne.....she has been wrapping all th gifts we have purchased so far. May end up giving money to most of my family....let them buy what they want. Daughter-in-law Shirley asked for card table and chairs.....not something easy for me to buy. I have already purchased a gift for all. They are bowls with handles we found at Costco.....all diffrent colors...we bought a set for us to use and all who see them love them too... Hannah will be easy.....she wants a series of books she wrote titles on my calender.....will get them for her and also give her money for her College savings.

Have to say......at the Church Service of Hannah's grandfather....she was the first family member to walk up to the podium and give a beautiful talk about the love for her grandfather . She never fails to impress me.

Off I go.....want to get in a hot shower to see if it helps my knees.....usually does.

Sending wishes out to all rounders for a wonderful day.l.

Last edited by Schmitty; 12-17-2015, 07:04 AM.
        Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Good Morning!

Oh, Mickie! How wonderful to find you here. I know this is a very busy time of the year for you. So happy your family is always surrounding you. I assume Marianne is doing just fine.

Hi Pat! Hi jostoy! Hi sassy! Love finding you both here, too - and everyone else, as well. This is still the place I come first thing every morning.

When we ate lunch yesterday, John said, "I've eaten lots of cornbread dressing all my life, but you make the best." Quite a compliment, coming from someone who has only learned to like it the last few years myself - and I only like my own, as well. So I guess that works for both of us LOL

Rainy and cold yesterday, but should improve today.

Hope you all have a happy day!

Comment

Good morning...over slept running behind...volunteering this morning...not sure after that

Comment

Want to run this morning then can mix cookie dough and have it all chilled and ready to roll when the kids get here after school. Sierra finished her last final yesterday but Andrew has school until next Wednesday. Tomorrow I am confined to the house with the door guy being here...hope this is a fast install but I expect not. Very gloomy out...why is winter so ugly? and long? I have nothing much to say just things to do this morning,,

Comment

Good Morning, running a little behind this morning, just laid in bed, said a few prayers, talked and thought a bit, then got up...nice slow way to start the day.

Jostoy, hope that injection holds you until you get back to IL and that is also makes the driving there more bearable..you are so nice to be so giving to others..

Schmitty it is great to see you here, seems like forever, and with all the holiday business if you can just stop and say hello that makes me happy...as usual you and the family are busy, and your Granddaughter is just so sweet, shows good upbringing..take care of yourself and seeing an orthopedic surgeon sounds exactly what you need to do..after the first of the year of course..

Elaine guess you need to share your recipe for the cornbread dressing, and of course your recipe for the cornbread that gets it started...wonderful compliment from John. I feel that way about potato salad, I like it but usually like my own.

I didn't get many cookies frosted yesterday, but will try again today, need to get these done so I can get gift boxes done and delivered...

Bethina, enjoy your day volunteering..

Cute picture as always Sassy,,,glad you are the early bird that got the worm, I really don't like them...

Yesterday was another stressful day, but talking to my good friend on the phone in IL helped a lot, she knows the family dynamics and totally understands and I can let loose on her, LOL...

Well off to get this day started, by getting dressed first...hubby had his last day playing Santa at work yesterday so we put the red suit away for another year...he loves doing this and I love hearing what the kids have to say to him...he is amazed..His topic last night was about the kids he sees and ask what they want for Christmas, and their response sure surprise him, "oh, nothing, maybe a power ranger, whatever Santa thinks he can spare, etc." he wondered if it was on the other side of the tracks how long the list would be the kids would have..I do also..

Well like Jostoy said, "smile, makes people wonder what you've been up too"!! Have a great day.

Oh and good morning to anyone and everyone that may have been typing as I was or that come later...
                Last edited by boffler; 12-17-2015, 11:31 AM. Reason: Pat I rally don't like grumpy men either, I usually judge his mood and act accordingly and let it go..:) I love Sonny's BBQ, just wish we had it around here..
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

good morning

A rainy day here too Pat... moody man?.. aren't they that way naturally?..

have an early piano student.. the college girl.. then everyone is off for 2 weeks ....after she leaves we will get out in this rainy muck and Finish buying gifts... I hope... I only see I am missing 3 .. and the 3 restaruant gift certificates. ..will get the wrapping started ..

new printer.. need to read the instructions.. see If I can print off the necessary ones .. or pull my hair out ..until I figure out how everything works.

had to stop and call insurance com. we switched health plans this year.. lower premium, but our new cards have not arrived... the gal said they were mailed out on the 13th..

almost time for piano girl..better get off and get organized... want to leave as soon as she is done..

see you all later

HI Justy!..

slow down Sharon, Bethina, Donna, and Paula... ..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, all. No rain here until Saturday then clear and then rain for four or five days. Whoopee! Really appreciate the rain when we have had such dry years.

About cookies. I rarely make rolled cookies except for gingerbread men. One I want to try is cut out doves with almond slices for the wing feathers and sparkles. Really pretty in the pics.
                    I make a lot of hand shaped, sliced refrigerator, and drop cookies also some bars. When I was younger every time I made rolled cookies they were uneven and not pretty. Can do them OK now but never got into the habit.

Made cookies yesterday for the party and will make the salad this afternoon.

Sassy, love the kitties under the umbrella.
                    Beth, glad your mom is doing OK

Later all. Much to catch up on.

Comment

Schmitty, so good to read about you and your wonderful family! I love hearing about all the baking, cooking and preparations all my RT friends do for your get togethers.
                      Today is the day the part for the heater comes in. Pat, like your tires, that will be my Merry Christmas...
                      I never made cornbread dressing until Pat Talked about it. Now it is my dressing of choice.
                      Wow, Maxie, having to go to school all the way to next Wednesday! Schools are out here tomorrow and it is a minimum day, at that.
                      I bought tamales from the high school fundraiser for their Sober Grad party. So yummy!
                      I better get moving. Love sitting and reading all your posts.
                      Take care and shake off all incoming germs!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                        We are still having hard-freeze weather. I'm so tired of it. Still a few more days of it to go.
                        We will head for Phoenix tomorrow morning.....I hope it feels warmer there. One DD hasn't gotten back with us on time & day to see her. But she knows about our being there.

Meanwhile, we have a bunch of packing to do. That's today's job.

Schmitty, it's so good to have you posting again! Love hearing about you and yours.
                        Boffler...you made my day........not liking worms! 😂
                        You cookie bakers are getting to me....I promised not to make any goodies because E is trying hard to lose weight. (17 lbs so far). Men lose so quickly. In that same time span, I've lost only 7 lbs.

Elaine..,yes! Cornbread recipes! I love a good cornbread.
                        Pat, I hope Chris' moodiness is gone today.

☀️ Wishing you all an excellent day. 🎄
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning! It was nice & sunny yesterday until evening and then the clouds rolled back in & it's been raining.

Yesterday was great for the most part. My niece helped me put the finishing touches on 6 different kinds of cookies & while making up 2 trays we did inventory on all the cookies. I've got enough to do at least 8 more XL trays if I get calls. Made a nice dinner for a change.

Today I'm making pumpkin & choc rolls. I've got a pot of chicken rice soup in the process. Going to take most of it to my friend who son died along with some cookies. Still waiting to hear from the restaurant what exactly they want for tomorrow. I called but she wasn't 100% sure yet. I know 6 things they want & I can get started. That will be after I get the kitchen cleaned up AGAIN and get the soup delivered. Will pop into the funeral home somewhere along the line. Becca is coming home sometime this afternoon or early evening.

Have a good one all! Great to see you back Mickie!

Comment

Cookie did you ever hear from Kathy?
                            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Originally posted by boffler View Post
                              Good Morning, running a little behind this morning, just laid in bed, said a few prayers, talked and thought a bit, then got up...nice slow way to start the day.

Jostoy, hope that injection holds you until you get back to IL and that is also makes the driving there more bearable..you are so nice to be so giving to others..

Schmitty it is great to see you here, seems like forever, and with all the holiday business if you can just stop and say hello that makes me happy...as usual you and the family are busy, and your Granddaughter is just so sweet, shows good upbringing..take care of yourself and seeing an orthopedic surgeon sounds exactly what you need to do..after the first of the year of course..

Elaine guess you need to share your recipe for the cornbread dressing, and of course your recipe for the cornbread that gets it started...wonderful compliment from John. I feel that way about potato salad, I like it but usually like my own.

I didn't get many cookies frosted yesterday, but will try again today, need to get these done so I can get gift boxes done and delivered...

Bethina, enjoy your day volunteering..

Cute picture as always Sassy,,,glad you are the early bird that got the worm, I really don't like them...

Yesterday was another stressful day, but talking to my good friend on the phone in IL helped a lot, she knows the family dynamics and totally understands and I can let loose on her, LOL...

Well off to get this day started, by getting dressed first...hubby had his last day playing Santa at work yesterday so we put the red suit away for another year...he loves doing this and I love hearing what the kids have to say to him...he is amazed..His topic last night was about the kids he sees and ask what they want for Christmas, and their response sure surprise him, "oh, nothing, maybe a power ranger, whatever Santa thinks he can spare, etc." he wondered if it was on the other side of the tracks how long the list would be the kids would have..I do also..

Well like Jostoy said, "smile, makes people wonder what you've been up too"!! Have a great day.

Oh and good morning to anyone and everyone that may have been typing as I was or that come later...
                              Jostoy..thank-you..The way this weather is..This worm he is pretty smart.This worm saw me coming...And he dig little bit deeper..LOL>..

Comment

Working...
                              X