Monday ~ 10/19 ~ And May I Just Say---------

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ 10/19 ~ And May I Just Say---------

It is SO nice to have maxie and hrhouse and Val back with us on a more regular basis. I just get excited when some of our "family" comes back home. Doesn't take much to make me happy, I guess.

So speaking of weather, we nearly froze in church yesterday. It's wasn't cold in the house, and none of us were prepared for what we had to deal with in that old, uninsulated building.

MUST get my floors steamed before I leave home at 7:30, so will run and get that done.

Hope you all have a great day!

Morning all

It's 8:30 a.m. - where the heck is everyone?

Erin has tonsillitis - we will be going to the Pediatrician as soon as my boss arrives to relieve me in the office. Thankfully, Erin's mid-term exams don't start until TOMORROW!

So, yes, it IS MONDAY.

Only 3 responses to my post about my food blog. Wow. Sometimes I have to wonder why I stick around.

I'm off to get this office whipped into shape. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Monday morning ... had a grand sleep-in until 7: 45. wow... will made the day go faster... but should give me more energy

have discovered I am low on potasium (previous post Sat or sun).. and I think that does have something to do with the sore knees and lack of energy..Besides being just plain old... so will get out to store and get in more things to eat that are loaded.. some sweet potatoes, big baking potatoes, yogurt. orange juice.bananas. Prunes. love all those things.. by Friday when there will be more lab work .it should be back to normal..
      .......I have to confess I am a lousy eater ( and cook)... do not keep to a balanced diet for myself but do try to maintain some sort of decent menu for David...he eats lots of fruit .and soups. and drinks lots of milk ..I do push salad on him..

we will be heading to Aldis shortly.

Elaine, I agree ... if each person who could be here every day only realized how much each of you mean to us "regulars".. and how we miss your conversations.. I still think of some of our deceased friends, Gube, Shirley, Tinker, Boilerman, ElTigre ,Esther,Mona,, Hal and Carol and Msfitz.
      ..... and the ones who have dropped away.. kazibeth. Kayce .Darbyrose. and others.... .... come join us ladies and gents.. we can talk about other things than recipes... honest...

Oh goodness,,, I sound like I am on a soap box.... will put away .. and
      tell you HI and have a goooooood day.... the sun is shining .... plus no. 1.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Mornin' ya'll...........

The heat is on !!! Yep, switched it over from Cool to Warm a bit ago......46º is just too chilly for these old bones. Will bundle up to finish off the landscape job outdoors today. At least, I hope to H*** we get finished with our part today. Why is it when you make a plan and figure it will only take a certain amount of time.....turns out to take twice or more longer than your plan says.??

Gotta run....the Superintendent for Outdoor Living is ready to begin.

Comment

Good morning, all. Tried to log in earlier but it wouldn't open. Anyhow, I'm here again. Know I missed a couple of days but I must confess that when I feel bad I hate to keep talking about how crappy I feel. I have a Dr. appointment soon so I hope he can figure out why I feel like this so often.
          Afraid I'm not up to going to my daughter's wedding. I know that after riding about 150 miles I won't want to do much and the reception is at 7:00 P.M: which is about the time I have a nap before going to bed.

I too miss our many friends who have gone on. I first started coming here shortly before Shirl passed. Enjoyed talking with her about gardening.

Pat, I didn't respond to your post about your blog but i did visit it. Will do so more often. I like it.
          I hope Erin recovers soon. I was her age when I had to have my tonsils out due to severe tonsillitis. They called it Quinsy in those days, dosed me with massive amounts of Sulfa drugs. So hard to swallow that at first my pills were crushed and had to drink them. Yucky.!

Cool this morning. it was 45º when I woke at 5:30, lots of dew on the cars. I'm glad I got my new winter robe as it is nice and warm so I haven't had to turn on heat yet. What ever happened to quilted robes? I had one in early 70's.

Time to find some breakfast. Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Good Morning....could not get here earlier so I got my day started without saying a good morning to you all.
            Bought some pork tenderloins and cubed and spiced them yesterday for overnight marinade, got them in the meat grinder this morning and got my sausage patties all made, now in the freezer, and then after that into pkgs. Next I will move onto getting my sliced and marinaded beef slices onto the dehydrator trays for beef jerky.

Yes it has been wonderful seeing people dropping back in..wish more would come..

My day will consist of doing some dusting and maybe another run to the store, hubby will be gone this week so no big supper plans, just me and the kitties..I have a cousin in IN that wants to come to OH to visit and bring my Aunt and Uncle with her, (my Dad's sis & bro) he is in his 80's and she is in her late 70's. Hope they are able to make it, will shop for a few menus just in case..

Of course I will be sewing on my quilt today, my fingers are tender but I know they will toughen up.
            When we went to our sons house in MI on Sat. I picked some apples from his tree, they are delicious, wish I had a bushel basket of them now, would make apple butter, apple pie filling to can, and slice and freeze some for other uses...might just have to go back there next weekend. Yes I am feeling so much better, still on meds, but at least able to be out and about and get things done...and Aunt Maye, I am taking breaks and taking it slow...

Pat all I saw on your blog was that one recipe, is there more? Not everyone are food people so I would not take it personal...it has to be something near and dear to a persons heart to be of interest...and you and some other are definitely food junkies... Hope Erin feels better soon..

Hrhouse, I am finding my old bones like it a little warmer also, just got my supply of inside winter wear in last week, lots of flannels britches and thermal shirts..some fleece also.

Okay, time is a wasting, need to get that jerky on the dehydrator...onward and upward to all.

Always, always find something to be happy about, thankful for, and try and think positive..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Barb - actually I mean to say that several of the members here responded to it on Facebook, but the ones who are not on FB are the ones I am referring to.
              The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Another Monday morning..funny how when you reach a certain age what day it is is not that important but you always know when it is Monday. Do not expect much in work around here today after son worked a weekend of doubles. I am fixing an old recipe of Tinker's for tonight. After she got sick she printed out a bunch of recipes for me. If my husband did not like what I had cooked he would wander down the street and finish off Linda's leftovers. It was a two house joke about my cooking skills. One night I had fixed herb noodles and he just couldn't get those green noodles past his nose so she always wanted to know if I was cooking anything green so she'd know to fix extras. OMG! To have friends you were that close to is certainly a gift...how can you ever replace that? Now she and my husband are together playing cribbage and probably still laughing about green noodles. And you know..I only cooked them once but they were legendary. Sunny, dry, and windy this morning. Today we discuss the heat situation. I need more than 66 to take the edge off the cold. Absolutely nothing planned for the day so will take what comes.

Comment

Good morning. I'm a sleepyhead this morning, having overslept. I guess that happened because I had to get up at 3:30a. Seemed "forever" to get back to sleep.

Yesterday cleared up nicely. Sunny day today. Only the low 80's today...a few days in the 70's just ahead. Nice!
                  No particular plans for today.

Yes, I too am glad to see friends returning. The more the merrier!

Pat I did visit your blog, but didn't comment there. (Retirement means interruptions.) I would like to navigate the blog when I get a chance. I have so many food restrictions, though, one of the joys of aging. Salt and sugar, dairy, nuts and seeds, fats, fried foods, processed foods, carbs in general. Not a whole lot left. I'm pre-diabetic, have IBS, salt causes swollen feet, and general aging are the culprits.

Hope Erin feels better soon; so sorry she is sick.

Sharon, I love your outlook! You are sounding so much better, now, too. Much to be said for Optimism.

Barb, when is the wedding? Can you go the day before, so you can spent the earlier part of the day resting/napping, and enjoy the celebration? (And wedding cake.)

Well, I haven't yet had breakfast.
                  Have a great day!!! ☺️
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Sharon - nope, just one post so far. I think I'll start out just doing one a week.

Comment

Good Morning! I tried to get on here several times & got an error. Glad it's back up & running. Pretty sunny day here but cold, cold, cold...frost this morning.

Yesterday was good. Got my cookies baked and made asparagus pasta & potato salad to go with the ham bbq sandwiches I made for us last night. After dinner us ladies played cards all evening.

Corky & I headed south to shop this morning. The one store has eggs for $1.99/doz which is much cheaper than they've been for the past 3 or 4 months. Thought I'd also get some at WM with price matching, but they don't PM eggs, milk, or meat. Told her to keep them then. Then I noticed the lettuce came up as $2.77 and I was sure it was way less than that & told her to keep that too. Well I checked the price on my way out & by golly I was right...it's only $1.77, so I said something to the produce guy there. He said he'd get it changed. I said I wanted to buy it now w/o a whole lot of messing around. Well he said he couldn't do anything about the price. Told him he could just keep it then & I walked out. DUMB! He could have walked over to the cashier with me & told her the correct price, but God forbid we try to help a customer.

Not sure what the rest of my day will bring.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning..I am home now in my own space once again...I had a wonderful weekend...The balloons only flew once and our sponsor was there for that flight so I didn't get to fly this weekend...I was fine with that....It was so cold this weekend..that my toes still hurt last night when I went to bed from being so cold...this morning I am sore...kinda hurting all over...I think its because I used muscles I haven't used in a long time this weekend..I have a couple pictures from this weekend that I want to share...can some one please tell me how to do this..

Plans for today...a hot shower and sweats..and not leaving the house.

Comment

I am back and the wedding weekend was Perfect! ( not even the Rain could take away the smiles, just the curls!)
                          I pat, I was 15 when I had my tonsils out because of so many bouts of tonsillitis. If you decide to go that route, I would wait for vacation. That was a week of Pain! Of course, that was the old days...but, I remember I didn't even want ice cream!
                          I am going to go check out Pat's blog.
                          Boffler's question on Facebook regarding favorite meals has got my mouth watering and after I read Pat's blog I am sure I will have a good start to my grocery list!
                          It rained here so I am not worrying about the lawn right now. And it is just right at night for the comforter on the bed. Happy for Fall!

Comment

Aloha all!

Also there is Jackie, Lisa, missing too.

Think I shall go to the Expanded Fitness class today and goodness what else. Never know what each day will bring around here.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Went to ER Wed. evening at 4:30 and was admitted and in room by 11:00 PM was released Sat. Eve. at 7:30. I am doing better but nothing to write home about yet. Fill you in more when I have time. I am trying to get all the Dr. appointments, tests and the bookwork caught up and also rest a bit. Catch you later.......

Comment

Working...
                              X