Breakfast Sandwich Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast Sandwich Maker

When I was in GA my daughter had one of these and she made us a sandwich with this, so when I got back to OH I ordered one, and let me tell you, I love this thing...so many different things you can make with it also...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

When I read this post the other day, I decided to get my sandwich maker out. I am making grilled cheese today and breakfast sandwiches in the morning.
    Thanks for jogging my memory!

Comment

Don't know why we don't keep more of these conveniences around..I have thought about a sandwich maker also for grilled cheese and other sandwiches we like...will have to check those out..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Sloppy Joe mix works well for the little kids here. Scrambled eggs with cheese, or sausage ate really good!

Comment

I have this type http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rival-Sandwich-Maker/20469719 it seals the crust making them more of a "hot pocket" I don't make a whole lot of sandwiches with it but it is great to get a can of pie filling and make mini hand pies with. Saw where you can also make your brownies in it. Every so often Rachael Ray will do a show about pulling these things out and using them to make "untraditional" things in them.

Comment

I have one like yours Darla. I really like it.
            Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Oh dear, I bought John one of these last year. He did not like it at all. He used it once, but fortunately, I found someone to give it to. Problem solved.

Comment

I just used mine again yesterday morning...just like foods, not everyone likes the same things, but I sure like learning about new things...and what people think about them...

Comment

sometimes I think it is all in how used to the way we do things. to me it is just simpler to get out the cast iron griddle or skillet to make grilled cheese rather than drag out the sandwich maker (having to make room on the counter for it) and then taking it apart to clean it.

Comment

I had one...but did not use it enough..gave it to granddaughter Angela several years ago....really don't miss it.. Don't eat too many sandwiches anymore...usually use one slice of bread with toppings...just like a small pizza.
                    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

I think Darla's looks like what I'd like. But I just don't have room for another little appliance.

I have covered microwave single-egg things, in which I layer a thin slice of lunch meat (or 1-2 Tablespoons of bacon bits), the raw egg on that, and a thin slice of cheese on top. It takes 30-60 seconds each, depending on your microwave. I toast thin bread rounds, lightly butter them, and set the egg between them. E absolutely loves these.

I make these on a Sunday, or before his Red Cross appointments.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X