July ~ Meals & Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July ~ Meals & Menus

Last edited by ladyebug; 06-30-2014, 05:55 AM.

Yesterday's dinner was made by both DD & her hubby. They like cooking from scratch, everything fresh. Our meal was "Taco Mac & Cheese".... Oh, so yummy. She made the Colby-Jack cheese sauce for the macaroni. He fried the beef with Mexican spices (sans the jalapeņos, which we can't eat) to spoon across the center of the macaroni, and fresh diced tomatoes on the top. Oh, so very yummy!
    There were also fresh broccoli florets and carrot slices on the side.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Elaine your picture look so pretty it put me in the mood for French toast made with French bread cut on the diagonal, covered with strawberries, blueberries and covered in real maple syrup....yummy. last night for supper it was potatoes sliced, onions sliced, cabbage cut in wedges, covered with smoked sausage sliced on the diagonal, with slices of butter and sprinkled with garlic salt, pepper, salt, covered with foil and put on the grill until all was tender..made cornbread in cast iron skillet to go with it.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Today I am making copycat Olive garden salad and dressing, making a lasagna recipe made with bowtie noodles, along with garlic bread.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Yesterday I made myself Tonkatsu, Japanese pork cutlet with a special sauce (bottled), shredded cabage, and steamed rice.

Comment

Yesterday I made shredded chicken with chopped onion, adding equal parts honey BBQ sauce and marinara sauce (about 2 cups each), a teaspoon of cumin, and some spinach dip mix. It turned out really good. Like mild BBQ chicken.
            (I put E's on a bun. I had mine in a small bowl with a few saltine crackers, to avoid the excess bread for my day.).
            3 chicken breasts made enough to serve 24. I may put some in another bowl to freeze. E can eat the same food every day, but I like variety.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Tonight for dinner we are having Shepherd's Pie. I'm making it in the crockpot. Beef, carrots, sweet Vidalia onions, and cilantro seasoning and the mashed potatoes and cheese topping will go on towards the end. Yummy!
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Kept it simple yesterday. Good old Pinto beans with ham hock and some fried potatoes. Rarely want beans in the summer but I think I'm getting ready for Fall as I also want stew which I usually think of as a winter dish.

Comment

Working...
                X