Buttermilk Ricotta Skillet Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttermilk Ricotta Skillet Rolls

I'm a fan of Red Star Yeast on Facebook. They posted this recipe yesterday. I think I'm going to try making the dough in my bread machine through just the first rise and then shape and bake.

Buttermilk Ricotta Skillet Rolls

1/4 cup Butter
    1/2 cup Buttermilk
    1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
    2 cups All purpose flour
    2 Tblsp. Sugar
    1 tsp. Salt
    2-1/4 tsp. (1 packet) Red Star Instant Yeast (Quick Rise or Platinum)
    2 Tblsp. Melted butter, for brushing over baked rolls

Add 1/4 cup butter and buttermilk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Whisk in ricotta cheese. Continue to heat in microwave until mixture is 110-120°F.
    Add to an electric mixer bowl. Add flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Mix together with a paddle attachment on low until combined. Use dough hook to knead at medium speed about 2 minutes or until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball.
    Place in a well oiled bowl and cover with a damp flour sack towel or plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled, about an hour.
    Punch down dough and roll out onto a lightly floured surface. Using a 2 inch biscuit cutter, cut into rolls and place in a well oiled cast iron skillet. Cover and allow to rise about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
    Bake at 350°F for 23-25 minutes or until rolls are browned.
    Brush with melted butter and serve immediately.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

How did these turn out, Pat?

Comment

Yes, how were they? I checked out their FB page, but didn't see a pic of these rolls. I'm a visual person & was hoping to see what they looked like.

Comment

Never made them. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Donna - here's a link to the recipe: Buttermilk Ricotta Skillet Rolls
        Last edited by Pat B; 05-15-2014, 04:57 AM.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Thanks Pat! They look very yummy.

Comment

They do look yummy but it doesn't say what size skillet nor how many it should make. Would be nice to take some of these to a pot luck or even freeze some for myself.

Comment

I do want to make these sometime...reminds me of the cottage cheese bread recipe and we all know how good that is..thanks for sharing, copied and filed for later use.
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
              X