Pork Chops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Chops

I love this recipe and have used it for years.

Mix:
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1/4 C ketchup
    1/2 onion, minced

Pour over chops and bake about 45-50 minutes at 350.

I only do 2 chops at a time. They are usually fairly thick, and it takes about 45 minutes.

copy it off . file for next time... sounds good...
    this time I ground up crackers and some flaky bits from the raisen bran cereal ..:0... dip chops in beaten egg and then the crumbs.. sprinkled on some salt.pepper ,, little garlic powder and a quick pass with onion flakes.. sprayed the glass casserole dish liberally . made a lose tent of some foil. and baked at 400 for about 30 min.. they were good . and were tender. at least D. ate it.. .. but like the idea of having some "liquid" in with them..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Janet the "gravy" from these chops is good on rice, mashed potatoes, noodles.

Comment

I made sure to buy what I needed to try this recipe, so will be trying it this week...sounds interesting, would have never thought about chicken soup and ketchup going together...
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I like the idea of adding a little Worcestershire sauce to it for extra punch.

See here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24260/saucy-chops-ii/
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Elaine - just wanted to report back. I made this yesterday evening using 3 thick boneless pork chops. We really liked it - but were also thinking how much it tastes similiar to sweet & sour - so we were thinking how great it might be with the addition of some slices of bell pepper and some pineapple chunks. What do you think?
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I made this last night, really liked it, definitely needed the Worcestershire sauce...served over rice..

Pat, I didn't get that similar taste, I don't think I would like the bell peppers and pineapple in mine..

But I was thinking I could use golden mushroom soup instead to of the chicken soup
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
              X