Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JANUARY 2016 ~ MEALS & MENUS

Attached Files
    Last edited by ladyebug; 01-07-2016, 12:40 AM.

White chicken chili soup with sour cream, Mexican cheese, and Tostito scoops...delicious..
    baked fish, baked beans
    today, steak, half a baked potato, salad made with roman lettuce...for breakfast, IHop copycat pancakes with blueberries and warm maple syrup and a few slices of crisp bacon.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

For brunch we had blueberry scones with a lemon glaze.
      Just had a light dinner of chicken tortilla soup with homemade tortilla chips because I forgot to buy some! Last minute channeling my inner Pat to have the crunch it needed.

Comment

Today it is going to be cream of broccoli/cauliflower/carrot soup with garlic toast..
        Might fix a chicken patty to go with it..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I thawed out a package of pork tenderloin medallions and plan on making this for supper:

Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Cream

1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 2" slices
          Seasoned flour
          2 Tblsp. butter, divided
          2 tsp. canola or olive oil
          Sauce:
          2 green onions, sliced (coin shape), white and green parts separated
          1/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth (I use vermouth)
          1/2 cup heavy cream
          1 tsp. Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
          salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to low, about 170° F. Lightly pound pork medallions to 1" thick. Melt 1 Tblsp. of butter and 2 tsp. oil over medium high heat. Dredge pork in seasoned flour. Add all at once to pan and sauté 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and hold in the oven while finishing the sauce. (pork will be a bit underdone but will finish in the oven.) Add the remaining 1 Tblsp. butter to pan. Add white part of onion, sauté for 1 minute. Add wine or vermouth; simmer until syrupy and reduced to about 3 Tblsp. Add cream, simmer 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.* Stir in Dijon, add salt and pepper to taste. Return pork to pan to coat with sauce. Serve over rice or pasta, garnishing with the green part of the onion. Serves: 2.

*If sauce ends up too thick for your liking, add a little water or milk, but no more than 1/4 cup. You can also double the sauce ingredients so there is enough to pour over white or brown rice – yum!
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

So I did indeed make the recipe above for the pork and it was FABULOUS. Haven't made it in years. Chris LOVED it and is looking forward to the leftovers tonight.
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Made this last night and we both loved it, I did add green pepper, onions and red pepper flakes..

Orange Chicken Sauce Recipe

Orange Chicken Sauce Ingredients:
              1 Cup BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Rayfs)
              1 Cup Sweet Orange Marmalade (Smuckerfs)
              2 TBSP Soy Sauce
              Crispy Chicken Ingredients:
              3-4 Chicken Breasts (We used 3)
              1 Cup Flour/1 Cup Cornstarch (You can use both or either/or)
              2 Eggs
              Oil (We used vegetable oil)
              Cooking Directions:
              In a sauce pan, add the BBQ sauce, marmalade, and soy sauce. Turn the heat on low and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring a few times.
              Meanwhile, cut up your chicken breasts into cubes. In one bowl beat 2 eggs, while the other bowl should mix the dry ingredients.
              Dip pieces of chicken in the egg and then cover in flour/cornstarch. Set on an extra plate.
              Add a thin layer of oil to a frying pan and turn your stove on medium/high heat. Once it sizzles, add the chicken to the pan. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes each side until itfs brown and cooked on the inside.
              Set the oily pieces on a paper towel and let drain.
              Add the chicken to the sauce and toss!
              Eat it on top of white rice and enjoy. I think veggies would be good with it such as green peppers or broccoli.

Comment

Last night it was Paula Deen's goulash, which we love, with a slice of butter bread..very filling and perfect for a cold day...today will be reuben sandwiches made with sliced turkey and on pumpernickel bread..along with some applesauce on the side.

Comment

Oh boy, you ladies are inspired!
                  Wish I was....between swollen feet and intestinal problems, I haven't been in the kitchen much lately.
                  At best, I took leftovers, broth thickened with mashed potatoes, and called it "soup". Fortunately, E thinks I make the best soups he's ever had.
                  But I would love to try these dishes when we're home after this weekend.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Tried something new yesterday - made grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon and fried green tomatoes inside. OMG were they ever good!

Comment

I like grilled cheese with thinly sliced tomato slices in it.
                      E like when I put a slice of ham in his.
                      That sounds good for lunch today. Yum!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

E took me grocery shopping on the way home from the hospital. Got a few extra things...I usually do.
                        So for lunch we are having baked beans with sliced beef franks in them, one of his favorite comfort foods.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Made reubens for supper, couldn't wait until St. Paddy's day, LOL They were delicious, but I cheated, I bought the corned beef slices at the deli...

Comment

Working...
                          X