• Show
Clear All

• Pecan Pie Cobbler

1 stick butter
    2 C pecans
    1 yellow/vanilla cake mix
    1.5 C brown sugar
    1 3/4 C hot water

Preheat oven to 350. As you do, place butter in 9 x 13 dish and let it melt.
    Sprinkle pecans on butter. Sprinkle cake mix on pecans. Sprinkle sugar on cake mix and then pour hot water over all.
    Don't stir. Just make sure all of the dry ingredients are covered in water.

Bake for 35 minutes.

Can't wait to make this!
    Thank you!

Comment

WILL POST THIS IN A SEPARATE POST... ..COULD DELETE , AND ELAINE CAN.. BUT WANT IT POSTED SO EVERYONE SEES IT.... Janet

Elaine , do you remember this recipe... you post it years ago.. and I have made it many many times...

TOO EASY PEACH COBBLER

1 29-oz can sliced peaches, drained
      5 slices white bread
      1 1/2 C sugar
      2 T flour
      1 egg, slightly beaten
      1 stick margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Place fruit in 8 x 8 or larger baking dish. OR 10 pie pan
      sprinkle a wee bit of cinnamon over the peaches

Cut crust from bread and cut each slice into 5 strips. Place strips over peaches.

mix together:
      sugar, flour, egg, and margarine. Blend well and pour over peaches and bread
      strips. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My Tweaks:
      rinse the peaches if packed in heavy syrup..
      way too much sugar!!!. use only about 3/4 cup sugar
      I only cut the bottom crust off the bread, leave the side and top on.. get crusty and good..
      Last edited by Mayebarnes; 10-26-2015, 05:02 PM.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I still have this recipe and use it...I buy the sugar free peaches.. I love this recipe and so has others I have served it to.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
        X