ISO Meatloaf recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Meatloaf recipe

Looking for a meatloaf recipe that was posted by Jackie probably several years ago now, It had Italian bread crumbs and lemon juice if I remember correctly. Thanks.

I've got it ....will find it tomorrow & post it for you. I found when you use totally all dried Italian bread crumbs that the ML is very dense & excellent for sandwiches the next day, but we like a softer ML, so I cut back the dried crumbs and use some fresh bread crumbs & some oatmeal. It's a great meatloaf.

Comment

Here you go: Jackie’s Glazed Meat Loaf
      1/2 cup ketchup
      1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
      1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
      2 tsp. Dijon mustard
      1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef (or half beef and half ground turkey)
      1-1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
      1/4 cup chopped onions
      1 tsp. minced garlic
      2 egg whites, beaten slightly
      1 tsp. beef flavored instant bouillon

Preheat oven to 350° F. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar and 1 tsp. of lemon juice with mustard. Stir thoroughly. Set aside.
      In a large bowl, combine beef, remaining lemon juice, bread crumbs, onions, garlic, egg whites and bouillon. Mix thoroughly, then add half of the glaze mixture and stir.
      Place meat in loaf pan. Bake one hour. Pour any accumulated fat off. Drizzle remaining glaze over top and cook 10 minutes more.

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

This is different from any I have tried. Think I just found this weekend's dinner! Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Pat.....I forgot to find the recipe & post it. Another tweek.....I sometimes just use garlic pwd & onion pwd.

Comment

I love Jackie's meatloaf recipe, use it off and on since she posted it years ago....no changes or tweaks for me, like it just the way it is...
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Thanks to all of you! Made it this weekend and hubby took leftovers for his lunch. Yum.

Comment

Yes, thank you, Everyone!
                We loved this recipe!

Comment

just saw this .. copied off... and will use ...... I make a lousy meatloaf .. .... but would like to have a good recipe.. thanks Becky for asking!!!!!
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye another meatloaf recipe I make a lot comes off of the box of Lipton dry onion soup mix, love it. And the Cracker Barrel copycat meatloaf recipe..
                    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
                    X