1 C EVAPORATED Mik
    3 Egg YOLKS
    1 C Sugar
    1/2 C Butter or Margarine
    1 tsp Vanilla
    1 1/3 C Coconut
    1 C chopped Pecans
    Choc Candy Coating - optional for drizzling

Mix butter, sugars, eggs, & vanilla. Add dry ingredients & blend until combined. Drop the dough by tablespoonful on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 8-10 minutes. Cool before topping with frosting.

For frosting in large pan add milk, sugar, yolks, butter, & vanilla. Cook over medium heat. Stir so well mixed and cook until thickened...approx 12 minutes. Once thick, remove from heat and add the coconut & pecans. Mix well. Spread frosting over tops of cooled cookies. Drizzle with choc for a very gorgeous looking cookie.

These are FANTASTIC!!!!! You've GOT to try them. The recipe was sent to me on FB from a friend.

Thanks, Donna!
    Did you use light brown sugar?

Comment

Paula...yes. I don't think it would hurt it though if you used dark if that's all you had at that time. I'm getting ready to make a second batch. I have about a half dozen leftover cookies w/o frosting because I ran short the first time, so I think I'll make a recipe & a half of the frosting this next time and should come out even. I PROMISE you, these will be one of your favorites.

Comment

I wish people in my family liked coconut!! I love german chocolate cake, made one Mother's Day last year and took to my Mother in laws house and no one wanted any but her, no one likes coconut...of well..but these sure sounds good.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I love these !!!!!!! if I am to be Donna's new taster ... this is a Winner.... even without the coconut topping ... is good with the C. Chips and even plain.... I like the coconut topping ones best... (so far)..
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
          X