August ~ Meals and Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August ~ Meals and Menus

Oh, what a yummy picture, Elaine! I've never seen cone holders like that.
    Do you think there's a bit of yogurt under that fruit? 😄
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Tonight will be reuben sandwiches made with rye swirl bread (dark/light swirl) and pasta salad...I am also frying some green tomatoes, hubby doesn't like them but I sure do...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Yesterday we had sloppy joes again. This time I added beef bouillon to the mix, plus more onion and some bell pepper, and cumin, taco seasoning, and green tobacco. It was so tasty! (We still have 2 more meals from it.).
        Also made a salad with many different veggies in it, plus olives in E's. Have a lovely new dressing: Ken's Steak House "Lite Apple Cider Vinaigrette".
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Sunday we had turkey dogs and baked beans.
          We weren't terribly hungry, and I wasn't feeling all that hungry. We also had a bunch of popcorn and watched TV.

I need to thaw out some chicken for tonight.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Last night I made "Firecracker Shrimp". First time I have made that but the recipe was on the bag of shrimp and looked interesting. The flavor was good enough but since I have never eaten it I think it needs some serious tweeking. I just had rice and butternut squash that was in the fridge with it.

Comment

I pan-fried some smoked pork chops and made baked beans, macaroni salad, and garlic bread last night. Chris loved it. I'd forgotten how easy smoked pork chops are! Need to make them an easy weeknight meal in our regular rotation.
              The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

We just had Black Forest ham sandwiches last night. We weren't too hungry. Later we had snacks of crackers with a bean dip I made from garbanzos. It was pretty yummy.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Tonight we had a big garden salad. I'd cut some chicken into nuggets and added it to BBQ sauce, which I put in bowls. Then flattened some biscuit dough (refrigerated) and "baked" them successfully in the waffle iron. Good dinner. E loved it a lot!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

We went for super easy yesterday - chicken stir-fry with Chinese veggies. Super easy over rice. Too hot to heat up the kitchen for long!
                    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Well, I hit a jackpot at Fry's (Kroger) on my last shopping trip. They had packages of Sirloin steak strips, nice and thick, and 3 strip steaks to a package....each pkg ran about $20, but the sale was Buy One, Get Two Free. Can't beat that.

Well yesterday I had bacon to use up. Did you ever make Poor Man's Filet Mingon? Usually start with a hamburger patty, but I've done it with round steak in the past. Well, yesterday I used the sirloin, cut the strips in half. Wrapped bacon around them. You fry them, then let them simmer in a sauce. My MIL made it with tomato soup, but I had always used mushroom soup. With the sirloin, though, I decided to use French Onion soup. Let that slowly simmer til dinner time.

We had the steaks with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Yum! E said it was the best steak I ever cooked up.

And, we have leftover steaks from the package that I have only to reheat or disguise into another dish.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Lazy yesterday so I just had spaghetti with meat sauce. No sides just spaghetti. Must get to a store soon as I'm running out of fruit and vegetables.

Comment

Chris cooked last night - he made Navajo Tacos (also known as Fry Bread Tacos). Soooo good!

Here's a link to the recipe he used: http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/20...ampaign=buffer

Comment

Last night we had a rerun of the sirloin steak, which E is loving. He didn't even complain about the asparagus! Plus the handy macaroni salad I'd made.
                            The mugginess has us feeling icky-warm, so dessert has been Popsicles lately. I'm good with that.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Last night I made us large dinner salads. Lots of veggies, and diced turkey. Tropical fruit cocktail with fresh picked strawberries for dessert.

The night before we had frozen dinner because I hadn't rely well. It was lemon pepper fish with rice, broccoli, and apple crisp.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X