Help With Seasoning Preserved Pears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Seasoning Preserved Pears

Hi Guys How have you been? I know its been a looooooooong time LOL .I was gifted with several quart mason jars of preserved pears . the pears are alright (I think they were canned a little too ripe ) However they still hold their shape and aren't mealy ,they are however bland .Does anyone have any ideas on how I could jazz them up a little or some recipe I could use them in ? Just because Im not always here on the forum I am still with you in Spirit

Hi Keele....

I'm the worst cook of the bunch....but happy to see you here.... we were shut down the other day.. and were in a panic about getting back up.... ( thanks to our wonderful tech Nightstorm.)....

about the pears.... I have bought canned pears that have been bland like that .. especially if packed in water ...
    .... and they needed sugar badly.. plus I would probably try cinnamon?. or something tangy in the juice.

I'm sure some of the other gals will be more helpful... ..

Maye
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Fresh ginger sliced and added to the juice for a while will perk them right up.

Comment

wrote that down in the front of cookbook Lisa..!
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye, pears and ginger are a natural mix, so are pears and almonds.

Comment

Working...
          X