turkey stuffed peppers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turkey stuffed peppers?

My son ask me to look up a recipe for stuffed peppers. Well, everyone knows that one place sends me to another and another and I end up with nothing....and why do I have to download something to get a recipe? My pepper recipe is in my brain, ground beef, rice, onion, tomato sauce, seasonings. He wants something with turkey and without rice or corn. I have no idea what you use if you don't use rice. Anyone have a healthy, easy recipe for a stuffed pepper?

quinoa or barley could be substituted for rice

Comment

Maxie - here's a link to one that looks pretty darn good: Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Vegetables
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I printed it out...sounds yummy. Why can't I find anything on this darn computer?

Comment

Just to let you know....if I make stuffed peppers or stuffed cabbage I use ground white meat turkey....use barley in place of rice, add assorted veggies to the mixture...run them thru the food processor or grinder before I use them...and because I am a low fat eater...use egg beaters instead of eggs...healthy low calorie high fiber bread I put in oven to crisp--run thru the grinder as well...

Comment

That looks good.
            I'd still add either barley or small pasta in it, plus some egg white for a bit of body.
            If you don't have tomato paste on hand, you can use catsup instead....I use either low salt or Low sugar catsup most of the time.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X