Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting

Yesterday I was in good spirits and decided to tackle some of these painting projects on our house. I finished the woodwork in the guest room and then I painted our bedroom. OMG, it took me all day. The paint color is Antique Beige and it is lovely.

Was I sore last night? That is a big yes. I took a pill and went to bed. This morning I finished a lamp project I've been trying to get to. I saw it in Country Living Magazine. You tie strips of cotton fabric onto the ribs of the lampshade and make the shade. I bought the brass lamp at an estate sale and the original silk shade was soiled heavily so I stripped it off and started tying on the pieces of fabric. It looks amazing and I intend to make more of these. You can only use a 25 watt bulb or less, but it makes a beautiful effect. I love the country look.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

It sounds beautiful!

Comment

Would love to see a picture of it, I don't understand what you mean by tying the cloth around it..picture worth a thousand words...I also love country or country chic.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I'd like to see the lampshade too....and pics of the freshly painted room!
        Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Pics would be nice. Sounds like a project I could do.

Comment

Sorry ladies, no camera here. I went back to www.countryliving.com and could not find the lampshade. It is simply strips of cotton/linen or muslin tied down the ribs of the bare lampshade until you get to the bottom. I had to tape the top of the ribs to the ribs going down the sides because there is nothing to hold it together and it will cave in on you when you put the finial on. After you get all the muslin strips tied on all the way around and down just use masking tape to secure the top of the ribs and then tie on a last strip over this to hide the tape. I used just plain masking tape.

Then you just make sure there are no threads or cloth touching the bulb, use a low watt bulb. Wish I did have a camera to show you how nice this project came out.
            "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
            X