Thursday, January 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, January 23

Good morning Rounders! I did a walkabout yesterday afternoon and some things did freeze, but they freeze every year and come back out fresh and beautiful. It was the Purple Hearts and Ox Eye Daisy. They are trailing plants that I have on the Bank and around the different beds. They will look yucky until it warms up and puts on new growth. I was really surprised that it did not get any of the Kalanchoe blooms and they are gorgeous. It got the lettuce, but I think that will come again and it got 2 tomatoes. No sweat.

The water in the birdbath froze and I broke it and put fresh water in for my feather friends. My neighbor feeds them and I water them!

I made Spaghetti and Meatballs for dinner and it was delicious. DH has leftovers for Meatball Sandwiches.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...another cold and icy morning. No school in our area. Suppose to snow this afternoon and the entire show is not going to end until tomorrow. I do not ever remember having this much sleet. It sleeted last night then freezing rain. Snow came in the middle of the night sometime. So sick of winter.

You would think with the crappy cold and weather I would hunker down and do some work to keep busy. Well, you would be thinking wrong. I eat! And snuggle up with my crocheting and watch the impeachment hearings. Then I go to bed. Sure am missing hockey this week. Bought a book and just added it to the pile I have on my desk. I have the winter blahs. I do not get the blahs...even thinking of vacation is not exciting me. OMG! Vacation is 6 months away!! Do you know how much I could eat in 6 months? Not anything I cook for sure...last night Andrew had grilled cheese and soup which he took down to the tv. Remember when you could feed two kids off a can of soup? Well now it barely fills a bowl. I am sure it isn't because the bowls are bigger now a days...omg, yes I need another cup of coffee. I really do not care anything about a can of soup or the size of bowls. I have frozen brain syndrome!! Karlinann thanks for your yard updates. Hard to imagine people have living things growing in their yards...something that is blooming.

Have a great day and if you have sun enjoy it...think of me!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, think of Palm trees, sand, hot sun on your skin, close your eyes and listen to the sound of the waves crashing down at the shore, hear the cries of the sea gulls, see the airplane ads go across the waters edge, hear the children frolicking in the sand, hear the mothers calling them away from the water for lunch under the canopy, watch the tanned boys walk by with their good looks and sunglasses, be jealous of the long legged tan blondes that your grandson is scoping out, and then when you can feel that sun actually warming your skin imagine a total body massage by Gino who is waiting under the tent they have set up with massage tables and everything he needs to make you feel sublime in that tropical breeze. Ahhhh!

Good Morning. It is another cold morning here in Ohio also, not like the weather you are getting Maxie, that would put me on the couch watching Netflix and eating... Karliann, do you have any iguanas falling from the trees? I read that happens in FL when a cold snap hits, but they don't die, when it warms up so do they...you sure do have a plethora of plants, I could never remember the names would just have to enjoy the beauty, I plant things that come back year to year, not many flowers, use to have lots of flower pots not anymore, to much maintenance..

Maxie I believe we all get the bah humbugs in winter, seems to be the longest season of the year...I know I am looking forward to my time coming up in warmer weather...but will also enjoy the mountain view in November.. Nothing is the size it once was, they make things smaller and charge more, economy, go figure...

Do you all remember the fads of diets, low fat, no fat, etc., etc. well now it is 'plant based' way of eating and have one person, just like religion that swears hers is the only way to go, if you want to be healthy and do what is right for your family you will eat that way....I almost lost it when she was laying the guilt on!! I do what I want, life is short, we never know what is coming, I want to enjoy my now time and I like meat...

Well need to get busy and wash my sheets and remake the bed, before surgery tomorrow they ask you wash your sheets and wash with a special soap on your body the night before and morning of surgery, finished my last injection last night, so full speed ahead for tomorrow...get there at 7:00 a.m., surgery at 9:00 a.m. I have had so many test, visits, etc., etc. that I can't remember sh*t anymore..

Have a good day one and all, will get back as soon as I have my functions back..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      We all will be sending our best thoughts your way!

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      In a little over a week, you'll be enjoying warmer temps. I saw that Tampa was at 53 yesterday. That's still 26 degrees warmer than we had yesterday. I know you'll be fine after the surgery. Keep your eye on the future.

I did another walkabout and more things got frozen. It is nature and most everything will start growing again once it warms up. I saw birdies at the birdbath and refreshed their water. I watered my wildflower garden and it's doing great. The wind really blew hard last evening and I didn't realize the temp had dropped to freezing last night, but I think there was moisture in the air and cold too so that is what you get when those two items mix.

I know one thing for sure, I'm going to plant those tiny seedlings of the Kalanchoe all over my Bank. They are so beautiful!

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Morning...I am sad this morning..my dad lost a first cousin yesterday. He was in his late 50’s early 60’s and dropped from a heart attack.

Today I am cleaning...after I sleep a little more.

I got a new mattress it’s comfy!!

Comment

Good morning.

Doing laundry today. Maxie, this is very selfish of me, but I'm glad the south of me is getting all that bad weather. They are calling for just a light snow for us so far. West and south will be getting your weather.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

I have read and tried to post but kept getting interrupted.
          We have some bright sunshine right now.
          My day should be good with only a birthday and those tiny cupcakes. The kids make such a frosting mess with the regular ones.

Dinner with my mom last night was good. She had salmon and I ordered the build it yourself omelette with broccoli as my side instead of hash browns . I brought home a piece of pie as did my mom. Wednesday’s is free pie day there and today they said is National Pie day, so free pie again tiday.

Donna, I will send you a picture of the piece I got. So good! Hazelnut cream pie! Seasonal
          and my motto is “ get it while you can!”

Yesterday was Share cookie recipes on Facebook, I think. I shared the two Cookielady posted and then one a caterer friend posted. I am making cookies this weekend! I love to bake and eat as well
          as share so I think I can manage. Chocolate is another thing entirely!

Beth, so sorry about your dads friend. So young!

Since none of us know how long we have, enjoy today and ignore the naysayers!

Comment

Working...
          X