Monday, January 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, January 20

Good morning Rounders! Life is too short not to have color in it! My knee is better this morning. It does not feel as if it can't support me. I will report everything to the nurse today when she calls though.

I cooked yesterday. Barbeque chicken, coleslaw and green bean casserole. It was so good. It took me a lot longer than usual.

When I took the compost out to empty it I looked at my wildflower garden and it seems that most of the seeds have sprouted. I am so happy. That is the most success I've ever had with a pack of seeds from the Dollar Tree. They are just a quarter. Wow!

Did you know that the we are getting freezing temps tonight and tomorrow night? I will probably lose those tomato plants and maybe some of the Kalanchoe, but that was to be expected. Did I tell you that all of my Kalanchoe plants bloomed, even the little 1 ft high ones?

I am almost finished with a puzzle that was very difficult. It's one of those Bit's And Pieces puzzles. I have a whole bunch to do yet thanks to my DH.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning to all, I am back in town.. Went to my sisters over the weekend for a 40th wedding anniversary party that was for a couple we vacation with sometimes, it was a surprise for the couple put on by their children and I can say they went all out, it was amazing, a fun night but also a very emotional one as her husband has stage 4 lung cancer and is not doing well at all, not expected to be around much longer...but he was a trooper, went around to every table and acknowledged everyone there and hugged them...when they danced to a song they did when they married and cut the cake don't think there was a dry eye in the house.

But before heading out for out 3 1/2 hr. drive to my sisters I had an appt.
    with the surgeon for my carotid endarterectomy, it was for 1:45 but he got held up in surgery so it became 2:45, and by the time we got out of there it was 3:45, made for a late arrival.. I am scheduled for surgery Friday morning, hope it is only for overnight. The next problem was getting my prescription for Lovenox Bridge meds because of blood thinners, was supposed to start last night, well on the way back I thought I best call the pharmacy and see if they have my prescription ready as they close at 6:00 p.m. and we are getting back around 5:00 p.m. called and here they could not fill the prescription until this afternoon, well that is too late, so they said they would call another pharmacy locally to see if they had it, they did and they are filling it...it was imperative I get it or there could not be a surgery...I told the surgeon I can't mess up my trip to FL...

So last night I started the injections in the stomach for the Lovenox, it bridges the gap for stopping my blood thinners...

So this week I have test lined up I have to have, going to be a busy week...

Karliann it is 13° here...now that is cold...the ground is covered in white...it snowed while we were gone and the new neighbor texted my hubby and said he was out plowing his driveway and wanted to know if he could do ours...that was very kind of him...

Well time to figure out what I am doing for the day, unpack is one of them.. Have a great day one and all..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      We were typing together...glad you had a wonderful weekend and that your surgery date is set. Relax and keep up your strength. When do you leave for Florida? What a wonderfully warm place to recoup!!

Good morning. Another cold morning with a change of flurries later today. Wind chills are in the single digits this morning but actual temp is 16. Did not leave the house again yesterday and that may be where I stay today! No matter that the furnace is running and the house is warm there is a chill everywhere. You know you can't even count on this cold killing bugs anymore. I love when the mosquito's are swarming and the gnats are biting and it is because 'it wasn't a cold enough winter to kill them'. Really? Thinking it is plenty cold around here!

No Andrew today and Jon is dropping his car off after work for repair so no cooking. Not sure what today will bring. Beth hope you are feeling better. People who do not suffer sinus do not understand that your teeth hurt so bad. Take care. Karlinann, glad to hear the shot is finally taking affect. Can you throw a sheet or trash bag over your new plants to save them? I was watching the birds feed the other day and saw some ground cover that is still green. It is a weed that I will have to kill in the spring but makes you wonder what can live through the cold.

Stay warm and have a great day.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      They are all over the place and no sheet would cover them. I really don't mind if they freeze. They were free.

I just had to tell you that the Awesome Degreaser and Stain remover cleans the chrome or stainless sink like nobody's business. So shiny. Love it!

Feel better Beth. Hope your surgery goes well Boff.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the review, Karlinann! I am going to get it and try it on the stainless sink and water fountain at church.

Good Morning! The sun is actually shining!!!! Saturday was to be our big snow storm. Didn't happen. Lucky if we got an inch. Well yesterday is snowed all day and that wasn't predicted. Go figure. Still didn't get much, but more than Saturday. Didn't stop us though.

After church & SS, I took Blaise down to Kathy's for the night since there is no school today. Went back to the church for the annual planning meeting. Had lunch, discussed things with our committee, and then left when the main meeting was starting. I wasn't needed. Came home and made a big ole salad to go with the soup dinner.

Becca arrived around 3:30 and we then looked thru airBBs, chose one, and made our reservations. Now we have all the main reservations made....flights, car, lodging, and graduation tickets. I've even booked a few activities. The B&B that we chose is this small house right in downtown Orlando. Close to everything. We won't be staying in someone's space, and won't feel weird about it. WAY cheaper than a motel, and we can make our own meals if we so desire. Hope it works out OK.

We then headed out to play cards at my brother's house. My Mom backed out and we couldn't find a 4th person, so it was just me, Becca, & my SIL after dinner. My niece had to go to help with Youth Group at church and my brother watched the football game. Once my niece got back, we had cake & ice cream to celebrate my BD. I came home heavy hearted. I was under the impression that Becca's employer was paying for her Masters. Not true. They only paid for one class per semester, and she took 2-3 classes per semester. Her debt more than doubled. I feel so bad for her. I was willing to just cancel this trip, but she said no. Nothing says we have to do big expensive things. The purpose is to relax. Found out her grad ceremony is at 3pm on that Saturday, so we won't be doing anything big that day. Maybe we'll drive out to the beach afterwards.

This morning I got to sleep in. Now I'm just puttering around cleaning little areas. Kathy just called and will be bringing Blaise home soon then going to work. If Blaise gets home around noontime, we may just go into town & go to lunch at Arby's or BK. No cooking tonight.

(((((Sharon & Bethina)))) hope things well for both of you. Maxie....do you have to go pick up Jon from the garage, or are they giving him a loaner? KA....I'd at least cover the tomatoes.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      You can cover for a frost, but you are wasting your time with a freeze.

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      He will have a loaner since he has to work tomorrow. I have to go back home tomorrow and will need my car..not that anyone worries about inconveniencing me, ya know. I have spent the morning on the phone with my sister so need to shower and dress. Just you and Becca going on this trip?

Good morning all.

Have just been "puttering" around the house, and stayed in my jammies for the last 2 days. Did put on my sweats this morning, just in case I want to walk around the house today. BUT that will be later this afternoon as we are also in the low teens. Suppose to start warming up tomorrow. In the 20's..woohoo.

Am hoping that next week will improve as I would like to go to the closing on my house in Illinois. But I have things set up for my realator to sign for me. Should receive the deed for my signature in mail tomorrow. That is the only signature that she can't sign for me. She did tell me that I have to sign my FULL name twice. Sure hope they can read it after I sign.

Enough of by blathering...hope all have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a red letter Happy Day! Can’t wait to hear you have signed, sealed and delivered !

Good morning! Taking time to get started. I got sidetracked going through my closet and have a pile to donate to a friend and found some skirts and tops that had got lost in the back. I have a pair of black Quacker Factory capris I tried on just to remember there is warm weather ahead but for now they are back in a hanger.
    All the talk of Florida vacations has got me slightly envious! Becky and I sat down this weekend and decided we won’t be going to Hawaii this summer. Between when she can take time off and I can it will be the highest rates at the resort we want. I will check out Costco’s travel options next.
    Neither of us want to go to Florida in July when Spencer is going again. One reason is the blackout dates my brother has on his annual pass. I really need to get my walking strength up before I do Disney with family.

I am taking my friend and her daughter up to the radiation treatment this afternoon in Redding. She is too weak to drive herself so for the short treatment time whomever drives her just watches her little girl. She is adopted and was in foster care with them when a Nicholle was diagnosed and finalized while she was going through chemo. This is their only child and I can understand why she does not want to leave her. I am just happy I have the chance to drive her.

I need my chai tea and will leave you with good thoughts for all of us.
    Beth, Sharon: hope all goes well and healing quick!
    Donna, that is so disappointing for Becca, but her work ethic will take her far!
    Enjoy the plans as well as the actual vacation, people!
    Dreams are a good part of life!

Comment

Working...
    X