Sunday, January 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, January 05

Good morning Rounders! Yesterday was gloomy all day until evening. Yes, I got the porch scrubbed, yes it smells so much better out there. Yes, it did rain. It took a long time to dry, but that was fine. I threw stuff in the trash, and rearranged some things. It's better, but I want a good sunny day to air out the chair cushions.

I didn't get out of the house yesterday. I have that Pain Management appt. on Monday and I will go to The Dollar Tree after. I am going to get some of the Cottage Garden seeds. I had more luck with them than any other seed packets. I already have the list in my purse.

It's 51 degrees right now and only going to 61 today. I will work outside today doing something. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..Bible study is the only plan for today

Comment

Good morning! It is sunny and going to warm into the 50s but be breezy. Andrew is coming by to spend the day...I don't know why just hope he isn;t expecting a meal...maybe dad will grill? I don't go on food duty until Monday!

Had a nice visit with family at the house warming. They have double the space they had and both are very handy with a hammer and saw. Plenty of seating to watch the hockey game. We tied and lost in overtime. Did you know Spring training starts in a few weeks? That means we can start thinking about summer!! Ho Boy oh boy!!

There was a big fire back home last night so I know Jon wants to drive over and sight see. Guess I will let him drag me into the car. It was the building on the corner where we watched the Fourth of July parade every year since I was a little girl. I mean when you have a spot you hand it down through the generations ya know? Crazy right?

Think I will put a lasagna together today for tomorrow. Tuesday I have a dermatologist appoint and may just make a circle coming home and stop by Sierra's to drop off mail then on to the DMV then cross over to pay her car insurance. That makes Tuesday carry out night and only leaves Wednesday and Thursday meals to plan. Betting Drew gives me his menu today so that makes it easier to plan...I just follow orders and do the grocery shopping.

I am running late today and need to shower and be dressed. Once he gets up he will be chomping to leave. Have not seen the squirrel and the birds are eating so guessing the chili flakes have made Mr. Squirrel unhappy. There is no sympathy for a lazy squirrel around here. Have a great day!

It is getting late and I need to be dressed and ready.

Comment

Good morning! As I sat down and started logging in my stomach started growling: this site just makes me start thinking about good food and friends to eat it with (even if we all eat in very different rooms!).

I noticed wild violets blooming at my mom's and the purple iris are blooming at my grocery store! They started a few years ago blooming in the winter and it just makes so many people happy. They post photos and comments on Facebook.

today is Gary's birthday and I posted a picture of him with a cupcake; it is one of my favorite photos. That guy loved dessert! The family saying was no one came home and asked what's for dinner; it was always What's for dessert? HIs mom baked from scratch and I grew up with homemade cakes and cookies, so we were a good match there.

Maxi, our family has a generational viewing spot for our Parade, too. I will be waiting to see what happens to it as the new ail is being built right next to the parking lot we used. A lawyer's office lot, and it was next to the library larger parking lot, and the best thin g was there is an alley way and we could get out fast and home before the crowds were even back to their cars. WE like to be there early, see the kparade and then get home! Hope you are still able to keep that family spot.

I looked out back yesterday and the sun had come out and so had the neighborhood cats. The water I keep out back (so no one falls in the pool trying to get a drink, and the sun was like a magnet. I need to think abut this, I guess. I don't put food out for my cat anymore since I saw a couple of cats up on the baker's wrack looking for her dish.

church now starts at 11:00 and I am dressed but still have to do my hair, etc.
        I have chicken thighs and haven't decided how to cook them, yet. I want to use the air fryer but may just cook them the regular fry in the cast iron skillet way.
        Maxi, I need someone giving me their food list and taking away my indecision! I have one more day of school kids tomorrow and will make chocolate waffles for them and not sure what for lunch...
        For the shelter meal on this coming friday we are making Million dollar spaghetti so I may make one more day of spaghetti for the kids. One wasn't here on Friday and she wants it, and the others ate it up, so other than the Mess (toddlers!) it will be ok.

cold this morning but sunny and not windy and I am not complaining. I saw some videos of Stuart and Jenni taking Rylie in to her apt. and how her room looked after they had her moved in. Then a video of them doing one of their crazy stunts (human curling!) with them pushing each other on their backside in the icy snow! Crazy.
        And in the morning, Jenni showed her water bottle that she left in the van: frozen solid! No sleeping in your car there!
        It was 14* and going up (?) to 22!!! And in Jenni's words, Well, it could be worse. No wind and the wind here can be brutal! I found that to be true the few times we went up there when Stuart was in college. On his Graduation day in late April it Snowed!!! Me in my California dress and hair and shoes and not at all prepared for that. As I tiptoed (open toed shoes) across campus to the ceremony site (thank Heaven it was indoors) I had a Walmart plastic bag as a scarf/hat to protect my hair...too bad we didn't have a picture of that...

Ok, I have gone on long enough (too long?) and just want you all to have a great day no matter what the temp or what is coming down in our neck of the woods. Oh, and coming down made me remember, I did get it all down yesterday and safely put away and of course, we boht said, Wow, the living room looks bigger! Now I have a new lamp to put on a table, but still looking for the right table...

Have fun, rest up and eat something yummy!

Comment

Good afternoon, made myself stay away until I got my reservation in for Thanksgiving 2020 in the Smokey Mountains for the family...all done...almost as bad as looking for a house, way to many pictures to look at and read all the things it has...

My cousin came by early afternoon and stayed until almost 10:00 so we ordered pizza and wings, had a great visit...you would think we live states apart instead of miles, LOL...

The birds are sure eating a lot from the feeders, we have three and they are getting refilled about 3 times a week...and peanuts for the blue jays...

I am still having problems with being dizzy and blood pressure has been way low....just not feeling the greatest but still try and muddle through..
          See my orthopedic Dr. this week, have to call the surgeons office and see what test he is requiring of me that I have not already had..I tell them to use my home phone as my main phone to contact, looked at my cellphone yesterday and they had left a voice mail on it...grrrr...I am not one that carries my cellphone with me..

Well I think I will go lay in bed, watch some tv and hope to start feeling a little better...another cold day here....but my heart is warm...
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
          X