Wednesday, January 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, January 01

Good morning Rounders! New Year, New Day! I didn't hear too many fireworks!

It was a beautiful day yesterday and I decided to get out in the yard. I transplanted some more Pink Baby's Breath. Some that I had already transplanted is blooming. I also noticed a bunch of Cleome seedlings coming up along that path at the top of the Bank. That is exactly what I wanted.

My fingers are stiff this morning from pulling weeds.

You may need a chuckle so I'm writing a little something I thought of. Here goes.

You might be getting old if:
    You have to hold onto a chair to put on your pants or shorts or underwear.
    You cannot remember what you came into a room to get.
    You cannot remember whether or not you took your meds.
    You cannot bend over without your back aching like crazy.
    You suddenly notice stray hairs growing on your chin.
    Your idea of exercise is walking around the house.
    You can no longer use a beach blanket because you're afraid you won't be able to get back up.

Have a good one! Menu today is Corned Beef Brisket, Cabbage, and Yams w/Marshmallow & Cinnamon topping.
    Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning! Happy new year

Comment

Good morning! Yes to all of the above Karlinann!! Getting old is hard work...not a job for wimps. Happy New Year Beth. Haven;t heard from you for a while. A new year and a new decade. Pray for the country and for the the world for sure!
      No plans today...think I may see if I can buy groceries. Need a big gift bag. Since I am home alone may have to stop for lunch. I see the totes disappeared but the tree is still standing. Ordered yarn from Michael's yesterday since they are having a buy two get the third free sale. So I ordered yarn for two afghans and still have another one in the making. And a stack of books to read. What do you think I do around here all day? I know, Hallmark is going to be the death of me and it is good the Christmas movies will be over soon!!

The Blues lost last night..I know it was due but I still wanted to win...not sure when they play next but I will be ready to start another winning streak. Yesterday I pitched an old worn out wreath from downstairs and Jon says he is glad to see one go. Seems he has been putting them in a tote. The guy is tote crazy and I can imagine what they look like after being stuffed into one but now I know there are MORE wreaths down there. I thought so and would never have looked for a tote of wreaths. May have more to pitch today after they have laid around in a tote. When I had my own house I had them hung in the tool room so I could go pick whichever I wanted.

Well, lovely people, have a wonderful New Year. A happy, healthy new year!!

Comment

Good Morning and Happy New Year 2020 to all...We all wish for a better year, better body, better health, etc. but also remember those men and women who have not been with or seen their families in so long, and those that have lost their loved ones...we here have a lot to be thankful for...I think you all are a blessing to me, I miss so many that are no longer here with us, alive or deceased, friendships made and friendships lost...Today I have love, joy and thanks in my heart, a great way to start the new year...and as the hubby just said, who is in the kitchen cooking breakfast, today is the first day of the rest of your life, make it a good one..

Have pork, potatoes, sauerkraut and cornbread on the menu today, get to use my cast iron enameled dutch oven I got for Christmas, no black eyed peas for us...So Happy New Year my friends here, amazing how you can become so close to people you have never met...
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Happy New Year! Not many actual fireworks here but there were Canons!!! Like the biggest noise and kept one little dog panting in fear all night and up and down and I was the one awake with her...I slept in till after 7:00 whenever I did get to sleep. I am not sure exactly who had that thing in the neighborhood but it was close to us.

I am buying some new totes for the tree to be stored in. The bags that cam ewith it are not good enough and I am going to measure and get three and stack the tree in one side of a big double closet. For one second I actually thought about just moving it to my room andkeeping it up in a corner with a sheer over it, but it is really too big for that and putting it away will be better.

Maxi, I used to store my wreaths on the wall in the little daycare bedroom but at some point kids strted throwing balls too wildly and a wreath went down so I keep them in the top back of my closet. And I don't have as many as I used to. I have fixed them up and given away. The new one I bought this year is way bigger than I thought it was ging to be (I special orderd and neither of us thought to discuss the size!) so it is too big for the wall space I had in mind and is on the inside of the door and looks great. I have had fresh wreaths on the inside of the door for the smell and decoration so I am happy I thought to hang it there, My screen door does not allow a big wreath and I also do not want the elements to do any damage. It is a winter wreath with pinecones, greenery and red berries. I use berries in all my decorating and sometimes they are red for winter or some other natural color in the spring or summer.

Boffler, the pork you are making sounds like a recipe I got form a friend. years ago. She made it for a pot luck at school and it was new to most of us. We all asked for a copy of it. I need to buy a pork roast.

My lawn people aer out there right now! With all the rainwe have had they probably figured they better show up so they can bill people. I thnk you just have to be ready for some rain days and go with it. Winter there isn't a lot to do and these two (a husband and wife) really work more than any other company I have had. Even using pruning cutters to cut back limbs for me and cut down little trees that com eup on their own that shouldn't be there...He also jput up my Christmas lights so I am happy with them.

I am looking forward to see what the year will bring. Absolutely praying for our country and its leaders and all who serve us to keep the peace.

I hope you all are enjoying the day and know how much I value this wonderful group!

Comment

I am good I have just been enjoying my break and sleeping a lot or losing track of time until it’s too late to check in.

I have decided I think I like cooking! Today I made home made quasadillas. Another night this week I made steak in my new air fryer. I may make spagetti on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
            X