Monday, December 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, December 30

Good morning Rounders! I went to bed early and got up even earlier. Huh!

Yesterday was hot, humid, and gloomy. We had every fan in the house on. It's like the weather is in a holding pattern and wants to rain, but it does not.

DH got me a big box of grinds and guess what? Other people are getting them now. See what we started!

I made Chicken Parmesan for dinner and that is only the second time in my life that I've made it. It turned out so good, but that was too much meat for me to eat at one meal, and I do not like leftover meat of any kind except steak or bacon.

Maybe we'll hit the thrift shop today. I'm taking some things to donate. I'm not really looking for anything in particular, but you never know.

I have some good sized cardboard and now I just need to get busy crafting something unique. My creative juices aren't flowing and I need to look online to get some ideas.

Hope your day is filled with sunshine. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.....Will at least say hello, not feeling well at all this morning, chills and nausea can't even drink my coffee...the one thing I always worry about when being around others, no matter how many times I wash my hands, keep them away from my face, etc. So I am sick this morning, some ginger ale is in order, not coffee, heated throw, remote controls, telephone, IPad and the couch, oh and some crackers, LOL...I take a medicine that seriously suppresses my immune system...so all the hugs and handling spoons and such for serving must have gotten to me..
    So off I go to the couch. Windy, rainy, chilly day outside so good day to stay in...

Catch ya'll later..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Feel better body. I am off to Aldi in a bit. I want to see what sales they still have. I also want steak in my air fryer.

Comment

Morning..it is a cold nasty day here too. Has rained off and on all weekend and gotten colder. Well, it is winter but I will miss that breath of Spring we have had!

Boffler so sorry you are sick..tis the season! But it sounds like you have all the comforts you will need. I love heated throws! Today we are heading to my sister's for our last Christmas gathering. Last holiday gathering because New Year's is a stay home holiday and has been for years. Jon is working so here is hoping for a good New Year tv night. Fridge is empty so we need a good grocery trip. Going to push for the totes to come up and the tree taken down. Decided to put up an old shower curtain but I could not find it...did find this brand new totally ugly thing but I am going to hang it just to get the Christmas curtain down. Found the matching towels for the one I was looking for so why would I keep those towels separate then get rid of the curtain? Anyway looks like I have two new towels so can pitch out two old ones. Need an house warming gift for Saturday so will be getting out later this week and will see if anything hits my fancy.

Oh, Karlinann, I am so jealous of your weather. Exactly the reason people move south for the winter!! Have been having trouble with a squirrel. Finally he has figured out how to get on the smaller bird feeder. Lazy thing does not deserve bird seed...he should have hidden away like the rest of the squirrels. He somehow jumps from the fence and then manages to knock the feeder to the ground. Need to move the pole and I really hate the mess he is making. Either that or let the neighbors dog through the fence so he can handle the rodent. No one likes squirrels but hunters.

Got a very late start this morning because I was up late last night watching Great Performances on PBS. Saw the end of An American in Paris and the entire performance of the Sound of Music. Blues won yesterday afternoon making that 8 in a row! It is fun!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Beth, buy something good at the store. Boffler hope you are feeling better quickly. Karlinann, enjoy that weather...no matter how warm it has been here we are still wearing our sweats pants and shirts!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Before I forget: the pet shelters need towels! You can donate to them!

Kids may or may not be good enough for me to post. I used my morning time to start my tallying up Amazon purchases for daycare, food and household cleaning for my tax work. I would love to be ready before the last minute.

Cold and sunny but it did rain yesterday so pretty wet out. So happy I got the old horse stall mats taken away. Puddles no longer standing.

The dinner we went to yesterday was so good! Not diet friendly but just wonderful. Best Spanish rice ever! Enchilada casserole and beans. The friend who cooked is Hispanic and a good cook. He moved up here from the Bay Area 5 years ago and we met him about 1 year ago.
        So today is back on the diet and no guilt- ing myself for yesterday. Real life.

I found my big crochet hook and will be getting some yarn to start a sofa throw like I see in trendy catalogs. Problem is I like very soft yarn and not sure I can make something good enough to use...

Take care Boffler! Hope you have some good movies to watch!
        Karlinann, watch out: they may start selling those grinds!
        Beth: let me know how the steak turns out and what kind of steak you buy.
        To all who check in: have a good day and count your blessings!
        New Year coming and bringing more!

Comment

Boy did we go through our closet and clean out stuff that does not fit or we no longer need. We took a huge box to the thrift store. Guess what I found at the thrift store. Shower tension rod and hooks. I threw out my old one yesterday and said I would get one at the Dollar General sometime in February. No hurry cuz this is the guest bath. But I found a really good tension rod and the hooks. $1.25 total. I don't use the fancy shower curtains, I just use a shower liner. You have to be very conscious of mold and mildew here and it takes no time at all for a shower liner to get mildew. I change them often and I like to let in as much light as I can in the bathrooms. I buy the liners at The Dollar Tree in bulk.

Yep, the pet shelters can use all those old towels. They go through them.

I didn't find anything else at the thrift store, but I bet the next trip I will rack up. I will be very choosey in future what I buy. I really don't need any clothes right now. I do need a good pair of garden shoes. If you manifest it, it will come.!!!
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
          X