Sunday, December 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, December 29

Good morning Rounders! I moved an Agave to the Bank yesterday. It was too close to the water spigot and when it matured you wouldn't be able to get to the water spigot, so I knew it had to be moved. It looks really good and will give good bones to the Bank. While I was over there I leveled up some of the pavers and weeded. It's looking good. I was worn out when I finished and I'm taking a break today. My knee hurts too much, even just walking around on that uneven yard.

The Morning Glories are still blooming in the garden. The Azalea's are blooming here and there. This weather is wrong.

Have a wonderful day. This year is almost over. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning to all...finally a time all to myself to visit and have a cup of coffee....however I am not complaining, had a houseful for Christmas and I loved it...all three kids and two grandkids for 3 nights, loved having them here...been a whole lot of cooking and baking, plus my sons girlfriend and her two kids were here also...I have had a wonderful Christmas with no stress from daughter or son in law, LOL...

Yesterday was Christmas at my MIL house I just went all casual and comfortable in my Christmasy leggings and top. I took all my decorations down the day after Christmas and they are all boxed and ready to go back down in crawl space, which is about 4 ft. high and completely in poured concrete and stays the same temp as the house...sure need things vacuumed, dusted and floors moped, will get to that today...had to strip all the beds and wash blankets and sheets..and remake the beds...looks to be a rainy, dreary day here, so maybe we will just relax and enjoy a movie or two on tv.

Have a ham bone with lots of meat on it, thinking I will use the broth to boil spaghetti, then chop up the ham, add a can of cream of mushroom soup, some of the broth, broccoli flowers, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, mix in casserole, cover with bread crumbs and bake...sounds comforting I believe, not sure hubby would agree, LOL...

Sorry I have not said Merry Christmas to any of you, so here it is: Merry Christmas....may all your days be light.. I have just been swamped and didn't want to miss a minute of visiting...and last night was the big football game for OSU Buckeyes, sad to say they lost, them beat themselves, Clemson came to play and win and they did...congrats to them...

Well time to get this day truly started..think hubby will probably sleep a bit longer, he is a night owl, not me..

Have a good day one and all...and I think I need to read and catch up with what has been going on with all of you...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Boffler, I missed your posts every day. We took down our tree and trimmings yesterday. I forgot to put the Snowmen on a Stick away because they were in another room. Well, they are vintage so it will be ok. I almost always leave something out. Glitter everywhere from the garage to the living room. I had to get the vacuum out!!!

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Boffler, I used the ham broth to make split pea and ham soup and it was horrible. You may want to rethink cooking your spaghetti in it. Have you ever done that? My soup had to be thrown out. It was horrible!!!

Good morning all.

Boff, so happy for you and your Christmas guests. I know it had to be a wonderful time for you.

Well it's Sunday....Church day.

Been a long while that I've posted one of these "Bible Wonders", so here you are.

Here are some great Bible jokes you can share with your church, your Christian friends, and others.
    Q. How do you make Holy Water?
    A. Get regular water and boil the devil out of it.
    Q. Who was the greatest female businessperson in the Bible?
    A. Pharaoh’s daughter. She went down to the bank of the Nile and drew out a little prophet. (profit)
    Q. Who is the shortest person in the Bible?
    A. Bildad the Shuhite (shoe-height). Nehimiah (Knee-high-miah) was a close second.
    Q. When was meat first mentioned in the Bible?
    A. When Noah took Ham into the ark.
    Q. How long did Cain hate his brother?
    A. As long as he was Abel.
    Q. At what time of day was Adam created?
    A. A little before Eve.
    Q. Why did God create man before woman?
    A. Because He didn’t want any advice on how to do it.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      jo it was the best Christmas I have had in a very long time...Love you Q & A's.

Morning. Last warm day around here then back to winter. The fog turned into rain and it may have even stormed last night...not sure but I did hear how heavy the rain came down before it put me to sleep. Not sure what will get accomplished today because the Blues play at 2 and I will be done for the day.

Boffler good to have you back with us...and glad you had a good holiday. No one brought up the totes so the tree will be standing another day. Probably won;t come down tomorrow because we have one more gathering to attend but if I can get the totes up I can do it a bit at a time. Worst thing will be taking the ornaments off the tree and safely wrapped and put away for another year.

Got on line yesterday and tried to find a shower curtain but I want to see it in person. I may leave the Christmas curtain up for a while. Was kinda surprised at how ugly they were and I was in several different sites. I want something bright with pretty matching towels. Should have looked at Penney's yesterday when I picked up Andrew's hoodie but didn't think about it then. Did see they are having a towel sale. Need a housewarming gift for next weekend so may go back and look at the towels and shower curtains for me...towels sound like a good housewarming gift for a family with 3 kids. I know my towels are looking pretty sad!

I have nothing to say but gibber gabbish so will have another cup of coffee and head in to shower. I am ready to move on to another season but am going to miss those cookies and goodies! Maybe now without all the coffee breaks I will finally get something done around here.

Have a good day everyone...going to rain again this afternoon here.

Comment

Maxi, your comment from yesterday: that is how I remember using the 300.00 Visa card: I just used it and didn't have to have a pin at all. When it was down to the last little bit I just tossed it (less than a dollar). So I would try that one you have...with a friendly cashier.

My cat that adopted me just jumped up on the desk and then onto a shelf and is lodged between a stack of magazines and our blueprints for this house. What a weird place to hide away. I have pet beds and blankets around the house (in places I really would prefer they lay) but this shelf must make her feel more secure.
      It is cold out and I am glad she realizes inside is better.

karlinann, the garden and all you do sounds wonderful. If I can get leaves raked up and twigs picked up I feel I am doing good. Istill haven't found anything to plant out front so may have to wait till the garden centers start selling. I am going to a nursery a few miles south of me to find some plants that will do well in our zone. The ones shipped into HOme Depot and Walmart are ok, but I want ones that will live and thrive. My geraniums do well and I think it is because they were all cuttings from ones my mom has at her house. Local.

Boffler, your holiday sounds like it was made for you! The family photos are so good! Love seeing the smiles and the faces of those you talk about.

Did I say it is freezing out? I need to be ready for ice on the windshield...oh, Becky just said it is 41* out. well, inside it feels colder whenI went out to the garbage.

Jostoy, my husband Loved those kind of Bible jokes/puns! Some of yours I had not heard him tell so you have some new ones. The last one he told and maybe a couple of others but Gary would have copied those down and used them on our kids, for sure. We always kidded him about his retelling jokes. Now I find myself retelling stories so not much different!

I have been carrying a watch around in my purse to remember to take it to get a new battery; well, I took it out of my purse to cleanthings out and it is running! I am not questioning it, just put it on and will be happy I don't have that errand to put off anymore.

I started cleaning off the piano and put away the Nativity set yesterday. I am not ready to tackle the tree yet, either. Maxi, so it will be taken downeither New Year's day or next weekend. I think I said that yesterday...

Towels are always good! I think we all should have 10 year towel showers. If you have any left by then. My kids used them for super man capes and such, besides taking them outside to clean the dog and somehow we never had a matched set. For awhile I bought towels like I bought socks for my kids: all white. No problem finding a mate for the socks or wondering if a towel was clean or dirty. Now I am going to take your advice and buy some towels for a friend who has bought her first house. She has rented her whole life and this is huge for her.
      I bought a new shower curtain and rug set at Costco a while back. I am not much for changing them out but admire your change it up spirit!

I am still needing to dress for church and will wish you all a good day.
      Hope you ae well and enjoying the day!

Comment

Working...
      X