Wednesday, December 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, December 18

Good morning Rounders! Only 7 days til Christmas!

I did a major transplant yesterday at the front of the house. I had 2 Rosemary plants in the slate color pots on the front porch and I was just not happy with the way they were looking so I took them out of the pots and put them in the ground in front of the guest room at the front of the house. It needed something and I hope they survive. The pots had all kinds of flowers coming up so I had to take all of them out and plant them first. They are between the two Rosemary plants. Then I cleaned out the planting area in between the driveway and our house and took out all the Vinca that was past it's prime and the Euphorbia and put the Euphorbia around the bottom of the mailbox. I then placed the 2 slate colored containers on that area beside the driveway and house and filled them with some tomato plants that were growing in the garden.

It looks great and even though the tomatoes may not mature that is the warmest spot in the daytime and it gets all the morning sun. The top of the ground is covered with white gravel and the pots are setting on that. If the tomatoes do mature and have fruit I will keep those pots there just for tomatoes.

Today is Aldi's and trash pick-up day. I am going to try and find something good for dinner. Hey, our temperature has dropped 20 degrees since I got up this morning. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 12-18-2019, 07:29 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning..today is a back to normal day. Sun came out yesterday and melted what the snow plow left on the roads even though the temp never rose higher than the 20s. I have my dentist appointment this afternoon and when I finish there, you never know when you will finish there!I also need to run by and drop off mail and stuff to Sierra so I hope Jon is home in time for the bus. Then we will take Drew out for a new coat and supper. I am not cooking after all this running! You all know how I hate missing a day to cook for my family.

Jon went out yesterday and finished up his shopping so I can get the wrapping totes down to the basement and clean up, dust, vac the bedrooms. Three days worth of mail came in and this the week of bills. I would rather they came in one every day instead of a handful in one day..ya know cuz evidently no one brought up the mail Saturday either.

Have the Italian beef cooking all night so the house smells good. We baked the one batch of chocolate chip cookies and then stopped. Neither of us wanted to do it and still have a batch of m&m cookies to bake. Not going to do cutouts and not baking pies for our Christmas Day. I cannot be gone all day Saturday and still do pies. I just plain and simply cannot do it all anymore and am not going to push it anymore. Plus having this half hearted toothache for over a week has not improved my mood. Now the Blues make me happy and we play again tonight. Not cooking tonight makes me happy. That means I only have to cook one night this week..tomorrow. That makes me happy too!

Need to get my coffee and be showered and dressed before 8. No yard work around here Karlinann unless you are using a snow shovel and wearing your mittens. I cannot imagine having Christmas dinner outside like a picnic. Wonderful...

Have a great and productive day. Hope it is sunny and warm!
    Last edited by maxie; 12-18-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, I'm proud of you for eliminating the stuff that stresses you. Good for you!

Good Morning to all...no sunshine here yet, just cold and a bit windy.

Karliann, sure beat all the areas around your house and mailbox look beautiful...I could never be out doing all the digging and transplanting.

Maxie, sure hope that today you get that tooth taken care of so you can enjoy the holiday foods. I am missing my coffee this morning, after seeing cardiologist yesterday he scheduled me for an echocardiogram today and a stress test on Thursday, appt. with surgeon on Jan. 14. I will wait until after I get back from FL to have any surgery if that is what they think I need...But I will not ruin my month in FL. Having these appts. is really slowing down my progress, thankful that hubby is such a good helper, he wraps, shops, cooks, etc.. and now I must get moving and get ready for the day....be kind to one another, we all have our own levels of stress to deal with.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...I am enjoying my break. I am going to my parents on Friday. My cousin’s husband passed away last week. The visitation is Friday night. Then Saturday morning they have their neighbors funeral. Saturday I may have a lunch date with some friends where I used to live. If not I will keep my parents dog company. Sunday is Christmas with my granny and fam.

Comment

Good dark and rainy cold morning! I have two cards to put out but not if they are going to get rained on.. wonder if my mom will come take them to them to the post office. She goes every day to check her box. She weighs the catalogs she receives: that many! Most of them get passed to me for kids to cut and paste.

Karlinann, you are definitely one of Mother Nature’s best kids! I bet your neighbors love walking by your yard! I sure would!

Maxi I wish I was done with wrapping. As it is I have to wrap a birthday gift. And believe me, I learned long ago Not to use any paper that even came close to Christmas wrapping paper! So Becky’s book will be wrapped in pink and green polka dot paper. I found a vintage leather bound with gold leaf copy of A Christmas Carol and have had to force myself to save it back when I saw her reading it on her phone. I have flowers being delivered to work today and that will be a big surprise !

so right about the levels of stress, Sharon. Hope you get relief from the medical issues and so great that Doug is such a help!

Jostoy, you have a good day, too! Mine will be trying to avoid the stress Sharon mentioned as the kids are feeling the pressures their parents are dealing with and it just trickles down. I try not to eat my stress!

Beth, just enjoy time off and be the comfort to family and friends.
          Becky is on break from school now, and even though she is working it is such a relief!

Take care and take a break just for you!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            As one with a December birthday I salute your use of actual birthday paper. Funny about Becky reading A Christmas Carol...I started reading the Littliest Angel to Andrew last week before the weather interrupted us. Some of the words are to hard for him and that constant stoppage breaks the flow of the story. I was surprised that he is actually listening. It is a favorite of mine and I have read it to each my boys and Sierra and now the youngest grand. Always makes me choke up...

I am coming back home with my sis on Sunday. I am hosting dinner Christmas Eve.

Comment

Working...
          X