Tuesday, December 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, December 17

Good morning Rounders! I'm so glad we put our tree up because it is so pretty to look at.

I fixed leftover turkey and gravy and stuffing yesterday for dinner. It was good! Today will be leftover Spaghetti & Meatballs and a salad.

Boffler, how is the finger this morning? Bet it's sore! Are we going to have to take that food processor away from you? LOL!

I bet Cookielady is surrounded by boxes of cookies right about now. Hey Aunt Maye, I miss you.

Take time for yourselves this holiday season. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning to all who have or will open our little cyber room.

It is a bit snippy out there, but is to warm to low to mid 30's today. But tonight will be down to 15 before starting to warm to 40's by Thursday.

I need to go to store today if I want to get a roast for the freezer. Up here they have what they call BOGO...buy 1 get 1 free. I'd like to get a beef and a pork roast. The beef I'd slice to small steak thickness and grill on my George Forman grill. If I can get a pork loin roast, I'd do the same to it.

Here's wishing all a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes BOGO is a big thing, I say it is just a way to jack the prices up more, LOL....be careful out there today...but having meat in the freezer is great...

Good Morning to all, there is a winter wonderland outside this morning, about 3 inches of that white stuff...love watching the birds enjoy their feeders.

Karlian I love leftover turkey, stuffing and gravy, hubby not so much, he said eating it once is enough for him... Yes my finger is very sore this morning, I just kept adding bandages yesterday and wearing a glove when washing dishes and such, hubby ended up making the last batch of oreo truffles all I have to do is dip them now...

jostoy no red that wasn't supposed to be in the goodies by mistake, was well taken care of... No stitches, clean straight down cut just keeping the two sides pulled together tightly...

Well today I will meet with the PT for my back and legs problem, those two shots in the area has helped immensely but can feel it starting to really hurt again. I have most of my baking done now, cards got finished yesterday, and after today I will start on my grocery list and wrapping presents...I will be ready when the holidays get here, LOL...

Well off to the shower to prepare for my PT visit and heart Dr. visit to discuss what is the next step in my blocked carotid artery.

It's the most wonderful time of the year... love seeing the white stuff this morning...makes me more cheerful...and Christmas music...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I just love wrapping gifts!

Morning..snow has stopped and moving east. Take care people in its path...it is going to get cold and snowy. We have had around 5 or 6 inches in our area but some places, like my sister a little south of us, received several inches more. Bird feeders need filling but not sure who is going to trudge out to the shed for seed. Not me and no Andrew again today.

Today I am going to start the roasts for Italian Beef this weekend. May let them thaw and cook tonight. Mixed up a batch of cookies and will bake them off today and then will make some cutouts for Drew to ice...if he is interested anymore... I told my sister that I may not even do this next year. It is a lot of work doing stuff I really don't want to do anymore. And I am not sure it is appreciated. I sure did not find much holiday cheer or goodwill this year.

Blues won again last night...good game. The arena was a sell out even in a snow storm. Amazing the number of people that haul small children out into the elements. I like being snuggled in and warm!

Guess I will take my grumpy mood and get something done. Have cleaning I could start and ironing to catch up on. Need to get bedrooms straightened and cleared. Wish Jon would finish up his shopping so I could get the totes of wrapping stuff back downstairs. Just another thing that doesn;t get done until last minute for me to rush around and do. I was going to dig around and bring up the Christmas china but think I will rethink that. Just more work and I am pretty sure the only one who knows they are eating off the Christmas china will be me. Wow, listen to me..years ago that came out every year and I set a nice table. Now I am wondering if I can get away with paper... But like Karlinann, I am enjoying the glow of the tree at night and the candles in the windows. It is the only nightlight I use.

Hear cars starting so people are venturing out, probably to work. No traffic yesterday when the snow started back up. We have had a snow plow so that helps. Take care those of you in the path of this storm. Heard the southern states have had tornado's. Boffler hope your finger is not to sore. Have a good day!

Comment

Good morning

Comment

Well my morning got away from me.
        Our stores have never had a BOGO meat sale. That would be great for roasts.

I am determined to actually wrap and not just bag gifts this year. The bad thing is I have given Some gifts early like my mother’s Nativity so she could enjoy it and now need to get and wrap some smaller gifts which I why I usually just use gift bags

Today Will be a rush out the door day. I have hair and nails both. I have a small gift for my friend stylist, but no time to get the restaurant gift certificate. Not sure what I all will do yet. Sounds lame to say I have another gift for you, but I don’t like receiving and Then giving like I feel compelled to give...

Chilly out and the kids don’t stay out as long as they normally do. All have eaten the spaghetti and are in a nice pasta coma!

Oh, that weather on tv! Feel bad for any errands you have off do. Stay dry and safe!

I had a note of responses to what I read earlier but that note is nowhere near and I am sitting by a child who just might drift off. Can’t move!

Take care and stay warm and dry!

Comment

Working...
        X