Monday, December 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, December 16

Good morning Rounders! Only 9 more days til Christmas! We put up our tree yesterday afternoon and it looks so pretty. It's magical!!! I forgot about the decoupage stars that I made 2 years ago. There was only one broken Cinnamon Dough ornament in the whole bunch. I think I'll make new ornaments next year and I want to do more sparkle stuff. My favorite ornaments are the snowflakes that I bought at the Dollar Tree back in 2013. They are so beautiful and look more like a real snowflake than anything I've ever seen.

DH stopped at Starbucks after Mass yesterday and brought home a bag of coffee grinds. I was as happy as a kid at Christmas. It had 2 of those huge signature coffee filters in it. Bonus!! I'll use those for making crafts. They are great for making angels. I spread those grinds all over the garden and I smelled deliciously like Starbucks coffee all afternoon, even after washing my hands several times.

I noticed some more plants sprouted yesterday from all the rain we've had lately.

Have a great day! I'm going shopping on December 23rd this year. I have a dental appt. and I'll have the car. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 12-16-2019, 12:56 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

It is a snowy, cold morning here. Some freezing rain, sleet and snow for later this morning. We have about 4 inches of snow,,,could be more, with several more predicted for today. No school anywhere in this area! Possibly not tomorrow either. Last week before Christmas vacation. I remember one year my boys were out with weather this week from school since it snowed several inches every night. They had their Christmas party after they went back in the new year! That was a winter...Yesterday it snowed so hard and the flakes were so big you could not see out the window. Hate to admit it but for a minute or two it was beautiful.

Guess I will piddle around here in the house. Laundry caught up. Maybe we will mix up some cookie dough. Andrew's mom called yesterday and he needs a new coat. Surprise! I knew that but she would not try it on him and now the week before Christmas I am going out to buy him a coat. I guess I just need to insist on things like new coats in the fall. I had told her I would get the coat if he ever tried on last years so she didn;t just call and say buy him a coat. I knew he had outgrown the old one. He has gotten so tall and is now letting his hair grow out. I call him my baby boy but he is going to be taller than me by spring.

Blues play tonight. This may be a jammies day for me but I just looked out and the grass boy is here shoveling snow. First time he has been here this early so I just had to wake Jon. He can handle this.

Looks like my day is starting early for a snow day. Hope you all have a sunny warm day. We are going to shovel again this afternoon.

Just went to face book and the county scanner has updated our snow totals for today up to 6 inches additional. Well, that just stinks!!
    Last edited by maxie; 12-16-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I might be finished shopping! I bought scarves for my DIL’s and just need to send a check out. I found really cute cards at Kohl’s for money or gift cards and bought one to send my granddaughter Rylie’s check.

It is low 30’s right now and going to high 50’s so a cold day for kids but if we can go out, we will! They don’t want to stay out as long but at least they can run off some energy!

In the winter the backyard does not get the sun like the front does, but my front yard is not fenced in and these guys can’t play without the safety of a fence to corral them!

Becky left early to have time to warm up her car and get all the windows thawed.
      Her drive to work takes an hour!

I hope you snow girls stay warm and inside!
      Karlinann, I bet your yard smells good!
      And the snowflakes and ornaments just add to the magic!

Take care and I will check back later!

Comment

Good morning, just a dusting of snow here, but supposed to get rain, sleet and snow starting later, sounds like Maxie will get if first.. Andrews Mom cracks me up, she knows you will take care of her son better than she does...you do and will.

Karliann, I like warm weather but I do enjoy a beautiful white snow and to see it falling...

I have been very busy trying to get shopping, baking and cards done, older and slower is not working well.. throw in Dr. visits and sore sacrarilliac pain and you got a mess of me. And to top it off I sliced my middle finger really bad this morning on the blade of the food processor straight down deep...and I take blood thinners so it was a mess. Have peroxided it, antibiotic it and wrapped in a bandage really tight but I see it had bleed through so I will need to redo and keep a finger stall on it today. Well time to rewrap and continue on my cookie making/baking...

Happy trails to you....
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh ick with your finger! That hurts like heck! It is starting to flurry here...another ick! Dentist called and I will see him Wednesday because I am not going out today or tomorrow. Tooth is so much better but now I have a runny nose so hoping it may be sinus related but still want it to be looked at. Have my own version of cantanese dinner in the crock pot and will make rice later. Kids do not like it so we make it when they will not be around. Hope the snow misses you and take care of that finger.

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Do not unwrap
          Just wrap more layers
          First aid instruction

Good morning all.

Sharon, you sure you don't need stiches? AND keep that finger out of cookie dough. After all, you don't want "red sprinkles" not tasting like red sprinkles.

My family had their "sweet treat" day yesterday. They all make several different kinds of candy, then share the various kinds with each other. The most are made into trays for work and neighbors. Me...I was the dish, pan washer. AND trying to stay out of their way.

I brought maybe 8 pieces home as I don't want to go through a "sugar dump syndrome". It's real easy to get that after the bariatric surgery. It gives you the same reaction as low blood sugar. Shakes, and clamminess.

Today I guess I'll stay in as we have snow on the ground, and my street looks like you could skate on it. But I am at the beginning of the subdivision, so I wouldn't have far to skate. Clinton appears clear. Right now the sun is shinning, but we are to get more snow tonight.

Hope all have a great day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
        X