Saturday, December 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, December 14

Good morning Rounders! I finished watching the Christmas In Rome movie and it was delightful, loved it!

I feel better this morning. It was the damp weather causing my joints to hurt so much.

Go and grab your coffee, or tea, and sit and chat a spell. It's that magical time of day that you have all to yourself. Tell me what is going on in your life as we approach this Christmas holiday, and let yourself stop for a moment and think back to a time when you felt energized, spirited, and ready to take on the world. Wait, I'm starting to sound like a Therapist. What's wrong with this picture? LOL!

I just wanted to warm you up and tell you something funny. Lately, when I'm into a Hallmark movie I've noticed that dh gets bored with the computer games and he slides into his recliner and watches the movie with me. Before you know it he is phophetizing what the outcome will be. He is usually correct. We switch back and forth with the computer and tv. My go to channel is Hallmark and his is CNN or sports. All his favorite shows are now in reruns, so he is watching more Hallmark. I don't think he will be that guy on the Hallmark commercial who watches the Hallmark channel as much as his wife does, but it warms my heart that we get to spend quality time together and share a few laughs during commercials.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning Karliann and all who follow...yes having my cup of coffee and enjoying the solitude of quietness because when hubby gets up the tv comes on, he detest silence.. We watch or record the Hallmark channel movies and another station that does them also....I have control of the remote hubby watches what I chose...

I wish cold weather was all that was making my joints hurt, nice to know it isn't arthritis though..got my two shots in my sacroiliac joints yesterday, she says it will hurt for two days worse than it was but then I shall feel the relief...and start PT on Tuesday...I don't have time for all of this nonsense.

My plan to today is to get all things gathered that I have bought for Christmas and start the process of deciding what I still need to buy...or gift cards that I need to get yet. Also need to get my cards done...I think this will be my last year for cards, getting rather expensive for stamps...I also need to write a list of what I plan on making Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so that I can shop accordingly...hubby pokes fun at me because I like to shop early, I already have purchased a lot of what I need,want to finish and miss the last minute rush...

Well time to get my day started, first some breakfast is on order...had steak last night for supper and I had a big piece leftover so it will be steak, eggs and toast for me..

Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning. A rainy Saturday turning into a snowy Sunday and Monday. Hope that prediction is wrong but I will take snow over ice! For sure!!!!

Hey Boffler, I had Jon take me to the local grocery chain where we normally do not shop but they were running a ham special if you bought so much in regular groceries over the weekend and did my shopping for Christmas Dinner. Our family Christmas is next Saturday then we will come home and the kids will all stay over and that will be our Christmas Eve. We always have Christmas around Jon's weekend off before. I will put a roast on and make Italian Beef for sandwiches when we get home Saturday and we will have a big ham dinner on Sunday. Guess I will come home Saturday and bake pies or not....you know...maybe I won't bake pies but sit and play cards with the rest of them. Someone makes a stink they can run to walmart and pick up a pie. Oh, well, have a week to think about it.

Seems I need to run out for milk and cereal this morning...did not pick up the normal groceries last night. I was just concentrating on Christmas and not on eating until we get there. Karlinann, I have had Jon come in and sit to watch a Hallmark movie. He makes fun of me about all I watch is news, hockey and Hallmark...he wants to know why on tv it always snows when they kiss? Well, duh, it's Hallmark!

Need to start a load of laundry and the dishwasher. Plenty to do on my week before Christmas. Have not sent a Christmas card in years. It was just strange to write only my name on a card after my husband was gone. If I remember correctly they were a chore anyway. Well, need to shower and head out. Blues play tonight. Have a wonderful Saturday.

Comment

Good morning...Yesterday was a rough one at work. The new guy is proving hard for me to work with. We had very few students yesterday I some how ended up on the serving line by myself watching 3 stations at once. I got 1 or 2 students at each station and was trying to go station to station serving/prepping on all of them. I went and asked for grill help..got that felt with...went to fire and rice I couldn’t get the flames going under the wall...The new guy started with aditude because I didn’t know how to do all of it..I went to chef. After that I worked fast to get out of there. I am on break now til January.

Well at the company Christmas party my day really got better. A supervisor handed me a lottery ticket and I won 25.00. The my number was drawn for a door prize and I won the latest version of the kindle fire!!

Today my plans are read and relax

Comment

I am up but not ready but just needed some chat time with you all!
          Dark out now and still rainy which has been more drizzle than downpour so I am ok with that.

I have budgeting and shopping still to do. Oxymoron, right? My gift list is bigger this year and so has the mailing packages but somehow the Christmas spirit just made me feel like it.
          Part of today’s shopping is birthday for Becky. That is Wednesday so today is go to Chico and their Kohl’s and hopefully they have different items than the Redding store. You think a college town will have more choices?
          I have ordered flowers to be delivered to her at work on Wednesday and tomorrow will be cake and a Christmas music program uptown.
          And I wonder why I have to budget???

Ok, the meatloaf all looked and smelled wonderful! When we all took our food in the shelter staff and guests were pretty surprised. And the rolls arrived last and the aroma index went up as well as the appreciation! I came home and had leftover pork carnitas and Becky had soup. But I always feel good after the hustle of cooking and delivering and knowing we sent a good meal.

I better get moving; need to dry and style my hair. Going to Starbucks for Gift cards for my two mail men.

Don’t you love a good Halmark movie? And Netflix has some royalty Christmas style movies, too!

Enjoy the day and the memories of Christmas Past! Thanks, Karlinann, for giving me that prompt!

Comment

Working...
          X