Friday, December 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, December 13

Good morning Rounders! Be careful today and don't walk under any ladders!

More gardening going on here today. There are hundreds of Kalanchoe seedlings to transplant. Hey, did I tell you they are getting ready to bloom. They have pretty light pink florets on them and there are about 10 or 12 plants of mine ready to pop, and I gave my neighbor 2 and hers are going to bloom. These succulents are 5 foot tall and if you look them up on google you may see one in bloom. It's common name is Mother of Millions.

I will make Tex Mex for dinner and I bought 2 avocado's so I'll make Guacamole. We both love Tex Mex.

We have rain and I'm truly thankful. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning, well I think it is, to dark outside to tell just yet..I know its 30 degrees outside...This week has been so busy thought I would have today to just be free but that is not to be...I have to go for two shots in my sacroiliac area my lower back has been hurting so bad, my butt cheeks and down the back of both legs, went to orthopedic Dr. yesterday and the are the nerves run through are inflamed and the nerve that is being affected is the sensory nerve...I know one thing trying to stand straight up against the xray machine just about did me in.. I will have to do physical therapy also. I had a carotid scan and the left side is blocked 75%-99%, already had the right one done in IL in 2011, see my cardiologist on Tuesday will find out who and what, then after the appt. with surgeon the when...When I had this done in IL had only lived in IL 3 months and at least knew one person, Barb (hrhouse) she and Walt stayed at the hospital and helped so much, especially me....never hear from her now, another friendship we miss here..

So will do my INR finger poke this morning, send that reading in, get a shower and hopefull get a few Christmas cards done...I say every year that I am not sending cards, but here I am again...this time only for those that do not live close... I made address labels last night while I was doing other printing....I took a picture of my MIL with her children standing at the table her 80th birthday cake was on, it was really a good one, so I printed out a picture and bought a nice frame for it...so will give her the 5x7 of her and her children...

Made a chicken pot pie last night for supper, it was pretty yummy, I have yet to decide what is on the menu for tonight.

Have a great day one and all...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      The pt will help so much! At least mine did.

Good morning you 2, and to anyone else who sticks their head in our "cyber door".

Sure felt good to get up this morning with more ease than what it has been. Doc. had to reduce the size of the needle that goes into the spine. He says there is only a very small opening now to insert the needle. They had me scheduled for and I.V. sedation, and I told them I only wanted the "local" shot. So that is what they did.

So far, it sounds like the three of us are having a race as to what is wrong with us. Anyway, I'm going to behave myself and not lift anything very heavy. Now that doesn't count my 2 great-great nephews.

Have some running to do today, so everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Jostoy, we are the three Musketeers!!! Hi Ho!

Morning....lost the entire first post again. Why is it my best attempts are the ones I lose? But again, we had a wonderful shopping day although we spent most of our time eating. I am totaling finished with my shopping but Drew did add a game last night to his list. Amazon will not have it in until January so if I go out and find it ok but if I don't I am not going to pull my hair out. Boffler, I always went by package count and not price. Some years it worked out to the advantage of one kid over the other but they had the exact same number to open!

Repairman showed up but I did not go through the right channels for the warranty. We had to call the store and set it up through them. Jon did that and got a real jerk on the phone. Was trying to tell him to troubleshoot the fridge. Jon is very mild mattered but he was so aggravated...he evidently told the guy we paid for the extended warranty for THEM to troubleshoot and then fix it. We are waiting for a call with the new appointment time. Maybe...the guy must have been a real jerk! When I get one like that I just pull the little old lady routine...I am so old and pathetic. But do not make me mad!

Well, today I have a list of things to do. Friday is no cook day and last night they guys made a fire and roasted hot dogs. I got to sit here and watch the Blues play and have roasted marshmallows delivered. Yum! We won! Great game but Drew was here late last night and I was past ready for bed. I had no traffic to fight and the stores were pretty empty but I was exhausted when I got home. Not ready for a gabby kid and a crabby son.

Hoping to wrap today and maybe will run to walmart and Target to see about that game. In time for lunch out for sure! This tooth is still bothering me so may have to give in and call the dentist. Not near as serious or painful as you ladies are suffering. Hope you get the attention and relief you need. Winter storm predicted for late weekend. Boo! Blues won. Yay!! Have a great one everyone.

Comment

Good morning...Today is my last working day of the semester. I am very ready for my break. So thankful it should be slow but long. I won’t get home til almost 6:00. Our company Christmas party is after work. No point in coming home first.

I was up off and on with Coriander. She ate Christmas ribbon yesterday and barfed it back up. I called the vet they told me to watch her. I did I think she will be fine. Was nervous because I fed her wet food very early this morning. She didn’t eat at first but it’s gone now.

Yesterday was busy. I made banana muffins in the morning and cookies in the afternoon.

Comment

Oh, I hope you Musketeers are on the road to recovery. Sharon, like I commented, my physical therapist has done so much good for my sciatic nerve pain, even showing me an exercise at church one time! Anyway, you will get what you need hopefully, and that’s why I didn’t try and show you the movement since not all are for every pain! Don’t want to add to your pain!

Rain all day, one child came in crying but so far my two brothers are not here...the girl who came in upset is usually no problem, but her dad just got transferred to Wyoming (MT ?) and Mom and two girls won’t be leaving to be with him until March. He is over a National Guard unit that does presidential duty as well as other things. Pretty cool and a huge promotion for him.

The meat loaves are done. The final one is in the oven now. I will just need to warm them up in time to take to the shelter after daycare. Hoping the family that has been late twice this week will be on time today. I can send food with Becky but I like to go myself. Besides taking the food and seeing the guests we fill out paperwork of time spent in shopping and cooking and money spent for food. Time is really valuable to them as their grant gives them money for hours volunteers give.

A friend brought us the most wonderful soft caramel popcorn. Done to soft ball
        stage and it has slivered almonds and pecans in it. I have eaten way too much and will need to get it out of my sight. Passing it East to you all!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a shopping day. I have no idea what to get for my 13 year old grandson Boone. I got him a tee shirt with a band on it, but I need another gift. Those boys have all the games and gadgets they need and just not sure what... hard age for me!

I hope today goes quickly and your party is fun, Beth.
        Hope the pains are subsiding and you get answers to those three musketeers!
        Maxie, keep those Blues in line and winning!
        Donna, we all know what you are doing and the end must be in sight, right?

All you wonderful people deserve the best! Make it happen!

Comment

Coffee break! or is it lunchtime? Whatever...I have been wrapping all morning and have one left. It is for that bf and just writing his name on a tag ...well you know, I am not very nice sometimes! Last night Andrew wrapped a few things and he actually did a great job. His corners were pretty good and his packages tight. Only thing I noticed this morning was everything he wrapped said from Andrew. It was so funny. I am the one broke and Andrew was very generous this year. Nothing for him is wrapped since it is mostly big and bulky so need his dad to carry it up and help Monday.

I think it is partly cloudy and cooler than yesterday. Sun was shining in where I was wrapping so it felt cozy. Called the dentist and they are closed Friday. Well, no wonder they charge so much....they only work a few days a week. Oh well, doesn't hurt now so it out of mind until the throbbing starts again. Repairman called and will be here Wednesday so it is my turn to sit here all day. Wonder if I can get him to stop at McD's on his way over since I am waiting for him. Girls gotta eat!

Well break is over so need to finish that last gift and change out laundry. Then it will be time for my lunch break.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            My mom said my brother thinks his daughter has broken up with her bf that none in their family likes. So keep that hope alive! My niece’s bf even followed her from FL to Utah so we will see if it really is off.
            It is chilly and drizzly here. Only 4 kids and one gets picked up at 2:30 so I will be able to deliver food to the shelter.
            Not to make you think about fast food, but I really like the petite fillet sandwich at Arby’s. Have you tried it?

Hellllooooooo! Anybody home? A wet & dreary one here today.

The light it getting brighter all the time though it sputters. Until I get all orders filled & trays made up, I'm nervous.

Today we baked the last of the ladylocks, then started on the blasted filled cookies. They aren't hard, but they are BIG and take a lot of room in the freezer. While Sue was cleaning up from all that, I started rolling the Zagnut balls, which we then dipped in a glaze & rolled in fine toasted coconut. OH MY WORD...they are SOOOOOO Good! They are definitely going on the list for next year.

Got several other kinds of cookies scooped and they need baked off.

I had HOPED that Kathy would take Blaise right after school today and keep him for the weekend. No go. At first it was a half dozen things she wanted to get done, but then those plans got totally scrubbed. She had to pick Xander up from school due to a fever. She got him settled in and a friend came to watch him while she went on a job interview. Well her friend called during the interview, and here Xander had one of those seizues you can get with a high fever. Off to the ER they went. He has the flu, and they said he's not to be around anyone else until Monday. Kathy did get the job. It's at a nursing home & she's kind of like a paid volunteer. She's to pick up the slack wherever she's needed...feeding, wiping bums, etc. A very flexible schedule.

I think I'm going to take a power nap before I start all the baking again.

Have a good one all, and you 3 musketeers don't over do it!

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I worked summers at a nursing home and that is good but hard work! I made some great friends of both staff and patients and even a few patients families.
            That seizure can come when a fever spikes fast or goes down fast (emt told me that.)
            Whatever it takes to enjoy some time: do it! You deserve the best!
        Working...
        X