Thursday, December 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, December 12

Good morning Rounders! I called my Pain Management doc yesterday and asked would I be able to get more injections in my knee and she said I could after they get an approval from my pcp and my insurance. I wasn't sure if I could get more, so now I will keep my appt. in January and get the ball rolling on that. My knee hurts bad sometimes, but it's not constant. I take a Tylenol and get relief for a brief time.

I raked a can of leaves yesterday and I know I shouldn't have.

Not much going on here. Come on in and have a chat. Peace and Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. Today is my shopping day and after my first cup of coffee I will head in to shower and leave...it is a long drive in commuter traffic. But ask me if I'm going to miss it!!! Not even with this developing toothache. Can you imagine being this old and having a toothache? Funny thing is I have all the insurance the world to have a heart attack but not a dime of dental insurance and put off a trip to the dentist because of the outrageous bill.

Paula I have had to make a package count since my boys were old enough to count. One year I had a jersey sent away to have a name put on it for Scott and forgot to pick it up in the Christmas rush. The store called after to remind me and when we picked it up and handed it to Scott the first thing he said was "I knew Jon had one more present than me". OMG! Kids! I have counted gifts ever since.

Yesterday I did some wrapping and have a pile started. Cleaned a couple of floors..should have done the kitchen but why do you put off the worst until later? Even did 3 loads of laundry. We met the bus and headed to our small mall. Jon got his gift exchange and Andrew finished his Christmas shopping. I will finish mine today. We went to IHOP for supper...Drew and I love breakfast out..and the service was horrible. I mean we waited 45 minutes for our food! Andrew was very entertaining, you do not mess with a hungry 13 year old! I think the waitress was also helping in the kitchen and was alone on the floor too so we felt sorry for her but some people left. The manager on duty was about 11 years old and could have helped a bit but you know kids... These places have added grubhub and stuff and that may help their carryout business but don't forget you inside customers...ya know?

Jon is off today and will spend his 8 to 5 waiting for the repairman. I think his contact info is my phone and I will be driving. Should have changed that...well, to late to worry about that. Time to shower and meet the ladies for breakfast. Sorry your knee is bothering you again Karlinann. Doesn't seem like that shot lasted a long enough time. Take care of yourself. Have a great day everyone of you!!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, she implied that it had been enough time for me to get an appt. now and get the process started. I had the injections in July. I should have asked the doctor at the time if I could have more injections. It only hurts bad after I've been walking in the yard which is uneven. As long as it's an even surface I can control the bone not touching the other bone. I do need more injections and I will put off surgery as long as possible. I do not want to go through knee surgery here. I've seen a lot of bad scars around the hospitals when I was a sitter.

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie I don't imagine having a toothache at any age feels good... Sounds like you are on the ball woman, you are knocking things off that to do list pretty darn good...wish I could say the same...my grandgirls are the same way about the number of pkgs. when my kids were young it was all about being equal in the money thing for me...same for the grandgirls. Hope the repairman was able to fix the problem, I detest that they can't give a better window of time...

Good morning. I am not out of bed yet. I was just cold and sleepy.

I am getting ready to go make banana bread. This afternoon I am making cookies for tomorrow’s Christmas party.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to put my extra cookies in the outside freezer so I would stay out of them!

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday I set out my Christmas decoration then laid down and slept most of the afternoon. So I set up everything this morning. Had planned on putting the tree ion the bay window ledge, but there wasn't enough room to let the blinds down. So it is on my table and all the other decorations are on the ledge.

Just got out of the shower. Have my spinal injection at 1:30, and didn't want to go out in the cold with wet skin. It is to warm up to low 40's by this evening. Was colder than "old bill" out there yesterday and Tuesday. I'll take warmer days as long as I can get them.

Hope all have a great day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      I take it you are still not feeling well with laying down and sleeping, that is just not you.

ok, Karlinann, I am asking this because I have friends who have been helped: is CBD cream available in your area/ state? It is not addictive. I have a friend with chronic back pain who uses the cream ( there are different strengths and also roll ons) and she says it really helps. This Is California and really liberal but my friends are pretty conservative so I just am putting out what someone I know has done.

I managed to get all four boys shopped for but of course, I realized one gift is much less expensive than his brothers’ gifts. Ugh!! And not sure what else to buy. More thinking will go into this, and hopefully soon!

I hate to say that today’s another good day because of sickness and both my hard little guys are home. I am taking the breaks as they come! It is rainy here and that makes a challenging enough day!

I made one recipe of the Cracker Barrel meatloaf last night and bake it this morning to see how it cooks up. Sure smells good! Main difference is using Ritz crackers and grated cheddar in the mix. I am making up meatloaf as is my friend and another is doing 3 dozen baked potatoes with sour cream and butter and the 4 th is bringing salad and rolls. Blue plate special!

I decided last night I do like the cookie recipe and it just needed to sit a day. I am taking half to my friend who went to the Christmas boutique with me. I can’t have all that temptation next to me! But it is Christmas and we need some cookies!

Maxie, I am impressed with your driving skills! Any kind of rush hour traffic in any town bigger than 25,000 is beyond me! Redding and Chico are my limit and more.
    So glad I have Becky for our trips to Sacramento. My last trip to Gary’s aunts funeral taught me to know my limits!

Bless you all and keep humming those Christmas songs!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked up the CBD cream and while it has therapeutic oils and additives I would not purchase it for myself. I just don't think it would benefit me. My cartilage is gone between my knee bones and no cream, oil, or anything is going to work except for those injections. It cushions between the bones. I am allowed to have so many within a time frame and I will find out from the doctor what that time frame is. Thank you Paula for thinking of me though.
      Last edited by karlinann; 12-12-2019, 03:25 PM.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure but it is from the hemp plant that marijuana comes from but not the addictive part. No permit needed to buy and I found out about it when my friend bought it at her hair salon!
      Like I said: California!
Working...
X