Wednesday, December 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, December 11

Good morning Rounders! Today is Aldi's shopping day and trash pick up. We are out of Peanut Butter and that is a staple food in this house.

It got to 82 degrees yesterday and we had to turn a ceiling fan on. I told you that it is sometimes 90 degrees around Christmas time and sometimes we have a deluge of rain and humidity. Not fun that!

I managed to get my curtains sewn at the top where the rod goes through and then the bobbin case tore up and popped off and no more bobbin. That little thing that goes on the outside of the bobbin case that you pinch to get it out and in. It's dead in the water now and I just bought 4 spools of thread at the thrift shop yesterday. I also found a pair of Bobbie Brooks stretch capris and a purse. My old purse was getting a good sized hole in the bottom, but I only paid a quarter for it years ago at the same thrift shop and I just love it. I'll love this one too! It's simple, it's cloth, it's washable and it has all kind of places inside to stash things inside.

I really don't need a sewing machine and this one is old and I will just donate it to the thrift shop. Maybe someone has a bobbin case and they can use it. My DH bought it for me at an estate sale for $35 and it has never worked right. I can hand stitch anything that I want to do.

I will definitely get out in the garden/yard today to check my new transplants. The Starbucks has opened and DH stopped in last Sunday and asked them if we could get the grinds and he said he would ask the manager. Today we will stop in and find out. Fingers crossed.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! FINALLY! It's bitter cold out there though. I felt bad yesterday. It was almost 50 when I took Blaise out to the bus in the morning, and by noontime it had dropped into the 30's. Didn't know that was going to happen.

Yesterday was good. Sue pkg up all the finished up cookies while I made icing and got us ready to ice sugar cookies. We did 18 doz together, then I did the other 9 doz later on. After Sue left, I headed into town. I needed some more ingredients plus the dentist office told me about a product that you can use to temporarily fix a tooth until you get into the dentist. Cork's broken tooth was ripping up his tongue. Amazing stuff!

Sue called off sick this morning. I wasn't feeling so great first thing, though I'm feeling better now. Text Theresa and told her we were going to start an hour later. First thing we've got to do is make 6 PB pies. Need to package up the sugar cookies we did yesterday. Will work slowly but surely, though I want a little bit more speed out of Theresa. She needs a bit more confidence and speed.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning! It is early yet but looks like it may be getting bright. Sure would be nice to see some all day sun.

I have a sewing machine I bought cheap from walmart a few years ago but it never sewed a straight line...hehe...I agree that I can sew most anything I need by hand. Seems no matter what form of labor I use it is still not very professional. Buttons are my strong skill and no one wears many buttons anymore! I am obsolete!! Oh, Karlinann, enjoy that heat for those of us in sweat shirts and pants. That is a dream temp to us lookig out the window at a heavy frost.

Yesterday was pretty productive for me. Everything is in a box and all going to my sister's for Christmas is wrapped and in a carrying box. The gifts for here are counted and boxed and sorted by person. I cleared the floor and threw out empty bags. By designating one room as my work space Andrew is not in there looking around so I do not have to hide his gifts. He wants everything to just surprise him on Christmas morning. I understand that. No matter how old a kid likes the excitement of coming out and seeing it and I can mix it in for now with the other gifts in there. last place he would go sneaking around. It just changes when they stop believing, ya know?

Today I am going to clean some floors and wrap a package or two in between. It is our carry out night and Jon needs to pick up his gift exchange. Tomorrow I may not be around because it is our ladies shopping day. Last of the year...we will be getting ready to think Spring for the next one. None of us have much shopping to do but I need to go to the sport shop..so this is just a get out into the stores and enjoy day. Plus two meals with good company.

Blues lost again last night but they are still playing a decent game. To many of our top players are out. We really have taken a hit with injuries. We just can't win! Nothing going on around here of any importance. Called the repairman for the fridge and he will be here tomorrow between 8 and 5. Looks like Jon will be staying home on his day off to wait since I will be gone. We have extended warranties on all the appliances so should cost nothing but time spent at home. And I dug out the paperwork for him so he can sit and wait all day. Called the insurance company about the fluctuating charges on Sierra's car insurance. The girl I like answered so we were on the same page and I understand her. All complaint calls are up to date! Today I plan to start out early and get a lot done....after another cup of coffee of course. Maybe a cookie since I have a fresh bag of ginger snaps. Have a wonderful day everyone and Jostoy...good news?

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        YES I finally heard from agent last night. !!!!

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Counted gifts brings such a memory!!!
        Our two youngest Counted the gifts! I always held back some for surprise so all as well hat need well but there were days of major grumpiness too!

Good Morning my fellow Rounders...come on in and sit a spell and have a cup of something of your preference. I do believe I see the sun trying to peek out and that is a much welcome sight...

Karliann you weather sounds perfect....you had a good shopping venture, I am not a thrift store shopper, heck I don't even like store shopping...I did shop in between appts. yesterday, have a ugly sweater party to attend had to find hubby and I something I could decorate to wear...also found a few Christmas presents for the little ones in the family. Left the house at 9:00 a.m. and didn't get home until 5:00 p.m. long day.

Cookie bad time of the year I hear the flu is hitting hard in areas, I could never do all that you do, wouldn't even try, what I have done has worn me out...hope Cork can hold on until his dental appt. makes eating difficult. Our high temps yesterday was 29 and so very cold and windy...today much the same only we are getting some sunshine.

Got my carotid scan yesterday and since I am on the patient portal I got to see my results when they were read....not looking good on the left side, had my right carotid surgery in 2011 and that side is still good, last year my left was still at 50% well yesterday it is now between 70-99% blocked, have an appt. with heart Dr. next Tuesday...that is not what I wanted to see...

Well today is haircut day, was so happy when I got home last night hubby was doing his laundry, I have been so busy that I was getting behind, he said he had nothing to get done yesterday so he did it, no biggie he said...God Bless that man. Well time to get moving, get my hair washed because I have a hair appt. today...

Hope everyone is getting some sunshine today.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...1 more day of work after today. Yesterday was pretty slow. The kids are just ready to be done. All of us are ready for the break too!!

Tommarrow I want to do a bunch of baking.
        Tonight I have a busy night at church both nursery and hospitality.

Comment

Good morning all.

I did hear from my agent last night. The contract is signed for purchase. The only thing is they didn't put down much earnest money. But as I told the agent, I wasn't going to be a "hard butt" as they do have 2 small children, and it is Christmas time. Before, I was told it was a young couple, and now I hear they have 2 small children.

They are pre-approved and want to close on or about 1/15/20. Fine with me. I'm having my agent to get papers ready giving her limited power of attorney to sign or initial all my paper work. Even if I can get down there, she will still sign for me.

I also finally heard from my Nuerologist's nurse yesterday. Since I had already gone over the days for lowering my meds, I was able to get off of it completely instead of going the three weeks. They will try to work with the Nuero-surgeon here to do all the work-up for the Deep Brain Stimulation. I just have no other recourse but to have the DBS done. All available meds have been used. My tremors are getting worse, but then I've had this since 2002.

Well now that you all know as much as I know, I will just wish you all a good day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Jostoy, what a relief and a blessing to you and that young family!
            Keeping you and them in my prayers that all proceeds calmly and well.

I read your posts before I got dressed and ready and now can’t remember a lot of what I thought I would say back.
            Sharon, I have you and that carotid on my prayer list too! Thank Heaven for good medical help and meds!

I heard the new Planet Fitness opened a day early yesterday. I need decent clothes to go and Becky is shopping at Kohl’s after work today before class. I will never be a tank top person and prefer capris to exercise so she can pick out something for me. I am hoping the gym will be helpful and their hydro massage chairs sound awesome!

I got my two grandsons in WA bought and sent. I have the MD boys still.
            Legos and hoodies seem to be the gift of choice!
            The parents are another thing all together! I have one DIL that really prefers to shop and finds great sales so giving her money is the best ( our tastes are so different !) The MD DIL is so easy to please and shop for that I almost tend to over buy!

Later. I gotta go!

Comment

Working...
            X