Monday, December 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, December 9

Good morning Rounders! We watched A Christmas Love Story again yesterday and I cried again. That movie is so touching.

I picked up leaves in the afternoon and it was like a spring day here. I actually started sweating and it finally caused me to quit because it got into my eyes. I needed to stop anyway. The leaves that are left on the tree will all come down on a windy day and we can clean out the gutters and be done with it.

Not much happening here, but I am going to play around with my sewing machine and try to get it working. The bobbin tension is messed up and I know how to fix it, but it is something that I have put on the back burner. Now I'm in the mood to get it working and sew some things around this house. I need to hem my Waverly fabric curtains that I just have pinned up in our bedroom and I want to make some things to give our house that home feeling, like maybe do some cushion covers for the sofa, or dress a chair and ottoman, or make a skirt for a table or a bag to put my plastic grocery bags in, etc. I have a good stash of fabric ready to go.

Hope all of you have a terrific day! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning..it is rainy here and going to get colder. Winter is just a miserable season.

My guest room looks like something exploded in there. Yesterday I had to make a box run then came home and sorted and boxed and counted...didn't wrap anything but I will be starting soon. Today I need to iron. Yesterday I did 5 loads of laundry so that is caught up. There is a pork roast to put in the crock pot for supper. Any ideas on seasoning it?

Leaves are something you can rake and burn every day around here. The trees are mostly oak so those leaves fall all winter. Jon and Andrew rake and burn every night. Karlinann hope you can fix you sewing machine. Is that movie about finding his birth mother? I may have seen the last of it and am looking forward to seeing the entire thing.

Going to enjoy my coffee and hope the rain stops soon although I have no intention of leaving the house today. Hope you all have a sunny day!!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is about him finding his birth mother.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      And a bit of a change in characters for the typical Hallmark movie. I really enjoyed it.

Good Morning, like Maxie a rainy day here and colder weather is predicted...I do pork roast in crockpot different ways, one favorite is cream of chicken soup and lipton onion soup mix, or golden mushroom soup and lipton onion soup mix. Good over mashed potatoes or egg noodles, or add in carrots and potatoes..

Karliann, sometimes when the sewing machine starts having troubles with the tension it can drive a person mad....I have actually gotten so flustered with mine that I took it to a machine shop....which reminds me I need to oil my machine..well that is when I use it again, not until after the holidays are over..

Everything went fine yesterday, had to laugh as people were leaving they were complimenting my SIL on the food, low and behold she actually gave me credit...Glad that is over, now this morning on to the next project, baking some cookies and then waiting for everyone to bring theirs to hubby so he can bring them home and I can get started on the goodie boxes and ribbon...

That is my plan for the day, and hopefully a few loads of laundry as tomorrow is a very busy day, carotid scan and Remicade infusion...so onward and upward and get started on the next batch of cookies, already made the pecan pie cookies this morning...

May we all find at least one blessing to be thankful for each and every day...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Sharon, I think I have already received my blessing. And the biggest Christmas present of all times. I hate to brag too much for fear of something going wrong. The buyers did come up to full asking price, but it's not under contract until tomorrow due to his working nights.

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Got my fingers crossed and prayers that this goes through...

Good morning. Work today. I don’t think I have anything on my calendar other than that for today. Torwards the end of the week is crazy for me. 4 more days before Christmas vacation. I truly hope they aren’t all like last night. It was crazy! I bet we served over 900.00

Comment

Oh Jostoy!!! Christmas just got Perfect! I am just so happy and will wait to read your Final word that all is signed and sealed but keeping the Joy I feel right now!

We are off to a so-so start with some coming in happy and others not so but all seem happy now.

Sunny and cold, but sunny makes life so much easier.

I read on Facebook last night that a former daycare mom who is still
      a friend had a bi- lateral lung transplant on Thanksgiving! She is at UCSF and healing but this was a total shock to read about for most of us. She is our county clerk/ recorder. Well known and lots of positive comments while also acknowledging a donors family had a terrible loss for their Thanksgiving and still
      gave to others.

My two adopted grandsons have open adoptions but only the younger one has contact with the birth mom. A times that has made for Crazy but now it seems to be working well because Stuart and Jenni have made it work well.

My phone needs to charge. Hope you all are having a good day!

Comment

Hey! It's a gloomy but warm & wet day here. Not good for freezing & storing cookies on the enclosed porch.

Jostoy! I KNOW very well the excitement of selling a home & holding you breath until it actually happens. Congrats....almost!

This morning I took Mom for her Dermatologist appt. I left a to do list for the girls, and they were busy when I got back. The light at the end of the baking tunnel is finally a tiny glimmer. It'll all work out by the end of next week.

Yesterday Cork broke a piece off one of his molars. My mission today was to find him a dentist and make all those appts. We don't have dental insurance, but the doctor's office has a plan they offer. I'm signing him up for that. Since MOST people don't go to the dentist over Christmas, I was able to make both of his appointments while he's on vacation 12/25-new years. I'll sign up also for this plan and get my teeth taken care of too. It's been at least 10 years since we've been to a dentist.

Back to the kitchen. Going to make the last of the Gobbs and some more nut horns. I was going to make a dbl batch of the nut horns, but I'm just not up to working on those ALL evening. The price on those boogers is going up next year. I guess there was a reason I took them off my list.

TTFN!

Comment

Donna, I just looked them on Pinterest and Wow! The amount of walnuts one Taste of Home recipe used would break my bank and I buy local walnuts!
          And one sad note: the funeral I helped at recently was my friend who sold the nuts. I will be looking for another source of good walnuts. I have a lot of bags I was given like they sell in the store, but not to my picky taste. Lots of growers and orchards around so I will be checking.
          Meanwhile, I will be thinking of you!

Comment

Working...
          X