Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Good morning Rounders! I only went outside twice yesterday, once to take out the compost and trash and then later to check the mail. Today we go to Aldi's, but you can bet it won't be early. The trash is already at curbside.

We will stop at my PCP's office and drop off their Christmas. I sure hope there is not a waiting room full of sick people.
    I think I'll make another batch of cookies this morning because it's getting cooler in here by the minute. I've got the heat on, but I really don't want it to kick on so I don't have to smell that awful smell.
    Thank you Maxie for the tutorial on the snowman. I went online after Boffler suggested it and saw a bunch of different looks, but the one you described sounds way better. I think I will make some, but I'll have to buy some washcloths first.

I made the Applesauce Muffins recipe this morning and I put some chocolate chips in the mix. That was so good. I'll make that again.

I've started on a different puzzle this morning and it looks fun, A Southern Mansion by Hometown.

Stay warm my friends. Peace & Plenty.

Last edited by karlinann; 12-04-2019, 07:30 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning

Comment

Good morning Karli, and everyone else who take a peak into our cyber room.

Well I got my results yesterday afternoon on "my Chart". I did break #4 rib, but it is still in alighnment so, if I be careful for the next 4 weeks, I should be good to go.

Today, nothing on my agenda. Just sit and watch T.V., which is hard for me to do.

Everyone have a great day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        If I send you some old bananas you would have something to do today! Sorry about that broken rib. Do rest and take care of yourself...

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Jo I know how hard it must be on you the 'behave' yourself, but I sure hope you give your rib time to heal before getting to rambunctious, What a day you had, sounds way to familiar...yes bigger town/area longer waits...

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, Bummer! I know it's tough to not be able to do stuff, but it will go by fast. Cheer up dear! Take care of yourself.

Good morning. Not sure what today will bring but according to one kid it will bring ornaments on the tree. He has had enough of a bare tree! Funny, it doesn't bother me. Then last night his father ask what am I going to do with these overripe banana's...trash them. He thinks banana bread sounds good. What?! What is this....a labor camp? Decorate, bake...these guys must think it is some holiday season or something. I don't even know where my bread pans are. For the first time in ever the Christmas shopping is not done. I think I need longer than a year to prepare for this holiday stuff. But I do need to get going because it is not fair to Andrew to not have the tree decorated but this banana bread stuff...I don't know about that.

Yesterday Sierra drove and we did lunch. It was short but nice. She is feeling better and was in a good mood. She actually misses work and is ready to go back. She left before the guys came in but called later to say she hadn't had a nap all day...not eating much and still stuffy but on the road to recovery.

I did clean the kitchen floor and ran the vac in the rest. Need to clean my room so I can walk in there. Why do I put everything else away but leave my own laundry stacked? Have not heard any weather but it looks like the sun will come up and shine. Maybe by tomorrow morning the house will be decorated and we (me) will be in the Christmas mood. The only gifts wrapped are the ones from Andrew. The kid is on top of this. I have to take him to buy one more then he will be done.

Karlinann, my sister saw the snowmen and then made up her own pattern so there is no right or wrong way. Hers have no faces just snazzy clothes or head gear.

People have a great day. Hope your energy level is higher than mine but then if you got out of bed and dressed you are probably a step ahead of me. Have a good one!!

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie your house is sounded a whole lot like mine, the Christmas decorating, baking, shopping is just not getting done. And the stress of others wanting something from me or something 'expected' of me is causing me stress...and other family matters.. Sierra sounds like she still needs to stay put, rest and stay hydrated...I need to clean house but it will wait until all the boxes of Christmas decor is up and the boxes are empty.

Greetings and salutations to all....another dark day outside, I would rather see snow on the ground than just dark grass and no leafs on trees or anything green...

Yesterday was a day full of running around, hurry up and waiting...try to save both of us going the same direction and using one car, well his training session lasted two hours instead of one, I was doing a mad dash to get to my Drs. for flu shot, then to Walmart, then to GFS to get what is needed for Sunday... I like being organized and ready, not in hubby's family....grrr

Today I am decorating slowly, trying to find the excitement of the season, it just isn't there, to be honest I would be happy with no decorations, we don't have many here for the holidays. Christmas Eve we have them all here for a few hours, then the older two head to their Father's house, our youngest stays here, he has Christmas Day dinner with us, then he heads back to his house...and that is the end of Christmas...Next week I have to start baking a few goodies for the tower of cookies for hubby's boss lady, another thing that has caused me stress...you know, older, slower, my sciatica is killing me, and arthritis in hands, spine and hip is making me cranky, well crankier, LOL..

BUT, I am above ground, feel honored people think so highly of my baking and cooking skills and entrust me with making something beautiful that will be one of the door prizes at the real estate convention...pretty healthy considering, just older and slower...I will however be looking forward to FL in Feb. I said I would not buy any candy, well I did, just had to have some Hershey's kisses and peppermint patties...I also LOVE chocolate covered cherries, but passed on those...I use to make those every year...no more..

Well time is a wasting I must get this butt out of the computer chair and get something accomplished...Have a good day one and all, be good to yourselves and be of good cheer...Enjoy my friends here...my escape, my people I tell my troubles to..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

My login would not let me write in so I read in my pc and posting on my phone.
        It is a Red Bluff foggy day and great to help the kids understand why Santa needed Rudolph’s help!

Becky felt a little better and went to work and will stay long enough to do her presentation at school tonight. For someone who just recently posted about taking my kid’s out of school, I sure started stressing about her missing one class last night!

I was scheduled for jury duty today but when I called to check in last night the recorded message was All jury duties are cancelled! Yay! I had read that most trials in December get cancelled or postponed but since this was early in the month I was not counting on it. My daycare moms were waiting to get my text and all responded with big happy emojis.

Cleaning floors every day as kids and paw prints are a pattern at the doors. I have mats down but somehow I have little paw prints anyway.

Hope you all know how Special you are!

Comment

Working...
        X