Sunday, December 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, December 01

Good morning Rounders! Yesterday was 80 degrees when I looked, but I'd be willing to bet that it got even hotter than that. By the time I looked it was late afternoon.

I picked up another can of leaves. They are falling rapidly now when a big gust of wind comes.

I also picked a mess of lettuce from my garden. We will have that today. Picking up the leaves made my back hurt and all I wanted for dinner was a bowl of cereal, then I took a Tylenol. Today we will have Spaghetti/Meatballs and a small salad.

Tomorrow night it's supposed to drop down to a freezing temp. What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Peace and Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 12-01-2019, 02:14 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning to you Karliann and all who pass this way today...not much going on here today, had rain and some thunder and lightning which is very unusual this time of year...but this morning it was a warm 45°. Need to go to the store today, get things needed to make a few Christmas treats, the real estate owner my hubby works for once again wanted me to make a Christmas basket for the large real estate luncheon for this area, I said I did not want to do that again this year, was a whole lot of work and just way to much baking...welllll he said she really wanted me to do it, she would have some of the other employees make treats and I could put it all together...well I said a box theme would work well, stack three boxes high, tie with beautiful ribbon, she started sending some boxes home with him which did not work at all, so I said let's go see what we can find, well while at the store he is kind of disagreeing with things I am picking, that isn't large enough, that won't work, etc., etc. I told him this is exactly why I did not want to do this again causing me to much stress and besides he didn't have a clue(clue instead of word I used) what I was doing or how to do it...Boxes are bought, ribbon is bought, now for the ladies to bake and have them ready the night before I put it all together...grrrrrrrrrrr, I really did not want to do this and he didn't want to feel embarrassed by me saying no...so here I am..

Well enough of that complaining, now onto the next complaint, I think my sciatica is giving me fits, hurt in my back, buttocks and down the back of both legs, can be in the kitchen for a little while then I have to sit down with heating pad...think I will see about an appt. been going on too long.

Now the sun just came out and it is making things look so much better outside, have had so many dreary dark days and those me me dreary and dark. I made a beef brisket yesterday, it was yummy, now I need to go out in freezer and plan what is on the menu today...

Getting way to close to the holidays and I am not even close to being ready...need decorations out of basement first..time to start my day...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      My physical therapist showed me an exercise for my sciatica and then Karlinann told me a couple that have all helped! I will send you a Message on Facebook later with the one the PT showed me. He saw me limping in church one day and came over and sat down and showed me.

Morning! It is a nasty foggy morning. Yesterday it started getting foggy around 4 and it was pretty warm...not freezing anyway. Haven't been out yet but it is foggy and evidently suppose to flurry so guess it got cold again. I love those good ole days when you got up in the morning and it was hot and you knew it was going to just get hotter in the afternoon and repeat the next day. I think they used to call it summer?

Hung the stockings and changed to the holiday couch pillows. Did not do anything else. Andrew came in hungry and he and his dad went out to eat while I worked on my afghan. Blues won! Around 2:30 this morning Sierra calls because she is sick. She has a sore throat and chest and is coughing...so she calls me because evidently her bf was sleeping and you do not want to bother him. Jon texted up this morning at 4:00 that he is sick and not going in. I am the most healthy person in the family..however, I am also the most sleep deprived. Not seeing much in my future for today.

Andrew wants me to wrap the ornaments he bought when we went to the Christmas Cabin but I do not have any small boxes. They are flat and carved wood so I am thinking gift card boxes might do it. Just need to get some but not today. Today is going to be a veg out day...one more skein of yarn to work in and I may doze in my comfy chair. Have a wonderful and productive day everyone.

Comment

good morning...fog around here is my only chance of a white Christmas, maxi, so I just see it as a seasonal enhancement. As long as I don't have to drive far in it. That is the one thing that I hate about travel during December: the extreme chance of fog and the airport delays it brings. I have learned to schedule flights for late morning and early afternoon to give the fog time to burn off.

I saw ads for cyber Monday when I turned on the computer ths morning. Anyone looking for something really good? I just don't think I need anything.

Poor Maxi: sleep deprived and still healthy to get those texts and calls. You are good to keep that phone on during the night, but I used to do that,too, whenBecky did not live here and when Spencer and his family were in Japan. All it took was one horrible earthquake to make that habit.

I am ready for church early and not even sure why. both ladies had asked for rides this morning but the one with the wheelchair isn't feeling well enough to go. That is kind of a relief because getting her chair in and out in bad weather is such a struggle and a mess. Becky is taking her car to church today, so it would just be me.

I can't believe all this tings I got done before noon yesterday. Walmart is pretty easy at 7:30 in the morning and then after chores around here and laundry (tablecloths from the church funeral dinner) I took a car load of stuff and three bags of clothes to GoodWill and was back in REd Bluff by noon! I finally gave away the Wii games and some board games that no no one here was using. By the end of the year I have another good year of donations to declare. Not as much as last year with the fires but enough.

this is the first year I did not put my quilted tree skirt under the tree. It is a red and cream and green log cabin quilt but I saw a tree online with tulle piled around the bottom like snow and decided to do that. I have some mini lights that are battery operated in the layers of tulle. I rescued the tulle from leftovers of a wedding reception at church once!

Ok, time to put the finishing touches on (like boots) and gather up my purse and jacket and get moving.
      I am having lights put up on the house and have to figure out how long the front of the house is. So glad I have the blueprints and can see what the measurement is across the top. My yard people are putting them up and then taking down. In the past I have had friends put them up or daycare dads, but getting them back down has been a chore! The last time I had them I just used some long pruning shears and cut them down and said Forget it!
      The Christmas spirit has got me wanting them again (besides my neighbors all put them up...hate being the only dark house.

Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been using Tulle for a snowdrift under our tree for many years now. It just looks more like snow and it's so easy.

Morning I am extremely late I know. I took today to sleep late and be lazy. Work last night wasn’t bad until clean up. My steam table got clogged up and was a pain to clean up. We found a brush that unclogged it.

working my regular hours this evening.

Comment

Working...
      X