Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving Day!

It's finally here! That great day when we gather together with our family and friends and celebrate and feast. It's a day of being thankful and sharing, of love and gratitude.

I'll tell you what I'm thankful for, it's you, all of you wonderful people who help me to overcome my personal boundaries, trauma, drama, and face each new day with determination and courage.

It's Maxie with her witty writings that makes me laugh nearly every single day. It's Paula who is deeply faithful to her church and family and takes care of those children and overcomes all those barriers that get in her way. It's Cookielady describing all the goodies that she makes in one day, and still finds time to take care of her grandson and go to garage sales, and make a feast for her church. It's Beth with her job as a chef who teaches me that you can overcome obstacles if you're patient enough at work, and her trips with her family, and all of her planned outings and get togethers. It's Jostoy who is a wonder woman of a woman who has totally redone her new home and I'd be willing to bet that she could have produced a whole show on Flip this House all by herself. It's Boffler who has come back into our lives and is the most positive person I know. And it's Punkin, who stops in once in awhile, but always has a brave face even though she is struggling at times.

All of you make this trip here each morning worthwhile. Thank you for sharing your lives with me. I'm truly thankful for you!
    Happy Thanksgiving on November 28, 2019.

Peace & Plenty and a Horn of Plenty to you. Cheers!
    Last edited by karlinann; 11-28-2019, 02:09 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Happy Thanksgiving. Should have gotten up earlier and started cooking but I did not and since I am the only one up am guessing these boys are still in the sack waiting for me to start. Most of the cooking is done and if I could I would send a picture of my pumpkin pie to Cookie. Cookie your business is not in any danger of going out of business if people like me still try to bake pies. I think this is the worst looking pie I have ever made. I really do want to fix a nice meal and have a good day with my sons but this cooking stuff is no longer the way to bring them together,,,ya know? Then I woke with a sore and swollen hand...my good hand. Probably a sign from the universe telling me cut back on this cooking stuff!

Last night the guys all went bowling and I stayed home and watched the Blues win. Jon says we are babysitting Saturday night while Drew's mom goes to the hockey game. How unfair! She hates hockey..but it will be a lot warmer where I am sitting than where she will be sitting. Wonder if I should warn her it is cold in the arena? I wear two pair of socks, a coat and bring gloves. Plus you can only carry in a clear bag and not a purse. Well, I have a couple of days before I warn her...lets see how it goes.

Karlinann that was a nice tribute to each of us. I also love this place. Each of you are special and I look forward to having coffee with you every morning. Tinker brought me here many years ago and people have come and gone, I have come and gone, but this group is so special...funny how we know so much about each other and our families and have never met. Friendship has a strange pull! You listen to my rants and opinions and just offer support and good advice. I am thankful to each of you for your friendship.

Time to get off my butt and head to the kitchen. Still need to make the dressing and then let the turkey warm in a nice gravy. Scott made his slaw and it smelled wonderful. I do like the smell of vinegar and he makes a sour slaw. Sierra says they will be here later in the afternoon because Uncle Scott will not be back before Christmas. He spent time with Andrew last night.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever you are and whoever you spend it with.

Comment

Good morning..Happy Thanksgiving..mom is in the kitchen doing her thing. The puppets is sleeping in the chair. Daddy is doing who knows what. I Am watching tv waiting to called to the kitchen to help. All is well in my world.

I got to my parents last night and found out my sis and part of her family will be here tomorrow!! Once they get her one niece my sis mom and I are going to surprise my granny!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! Karlinann, you are the best at those loving words which touch us all!
        It is also my grandsons 8th birthday and super special to me because he was born on our oldest daughters birthday.

Turkey went in the oven at 8:30 and I am working on cranberry sauce which should have been done but I am ok. No stress!

Getting ready for the Parade on tv: part of our tradition.

Love this group and the friendship I find here! You are all the Best!

Comment

This is a morning late but Happy Thanksgiving and blessings to all..

I have been in the kitchen prepping and baking for the this turkey day...Karliann what a nice thing to say about our little corner of the world here, and you are a blessing to all of us.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
          X