Thursday, November 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, November 7

Good morning Rounders! It's very humid, 98% and the Barometric pressure is 30.10 and late yesterday both of us were suffering with joint pain. I took my Glucosamine capsule after dinner and within a few minutes my knees stopped hurting. I have talked dh into taking the GC capsules. He really is having a difficult time with joint pain.

Paula, I found a good safe website for you to research some plant identification. Give it a try and even though it may not be your growing zone it still may give you some ideas.
    http://mgsantaclara.ucanr.edu/garden-help/water-wise-plants/

And Paula, just because I do not know what kind of soil you have here is another site with lots of info about clay soil.
    https://www.highcountrygardens.com/gardening/top-ten-clay-loving-plants

We did not get a drop of rain. I was sure hoping for some.

Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 11-07-2019, 02:11 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning, and there is daylight... this is my kind of time, please, please just keep it there, no more changing.... (that would fall of deaf ears)

Got my hair all done yesterday, went with some different colors, pretty much satisfied with them, gradually going a bit lighter so when I am grey I can go natural, really I have coloring done because it helps give me added bounce, not in my step but in my hair..

Wow last nights excitement: around 9:30 p.m. a knock at our door which causes a scare because no one comes to our door at that time. it was a neighbor that saw flashing and an alarm going off at the side of your house, he knew what it was as he has it also, we have grinder pumps out here and apparently ours was going off...so we thanked him and called the emergency number for our water district...(we have our own well but they made us get rid of our septics and go with a district grinder system). They came and was here around 10:00 p.m. and started working on removing the old pump and installing the new one, well sitting on the couch and I hear a strange noise, get up to see what it was, the sound was coming from the bathroom, well it was like a water gusher coming up through the toilet, water going everywhere, hubby goes out and tells them what is going on and they realize they connected it to the wrong area, so they take care of that while we have to clean up both bathrooms that are all wet, lucky no carpet but only area rugs involved...but water on the walls, on shower doors, etc., etc. not something you want to be doing at that hour...

Today I have a vet appt. for my cat Sam who is still very much in mourning for his brother, and also having ear problems, this is a new vet as I do not trust the one that took care of them before I lost Rufus...been 5 months and Sam is still yowling and searching, have tried so many things to calm him, but his yowling is really starting to ge to us..and he has always had ear problems...so off I go to start the day...

Hope all is well with everyone...so many that have taken breaks but have not come back, sure wish they would...I wish you enough...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my gosh! Sharon this is just horrible to have happen at any time let alone night!
      So glad they sent out help.
      And poor Sam! Hugs for you all.

Morning. It's wet & very dreary out there. Better than the snow they hinted at.

Yesterday was very productive. Having a 3rd person is helpful. Having a nice sunny day is also very helpful. I'm still trying to catch up though. We scooped lots of cookie dough, and I was left with baking it off. I got some of it done, but there is still more to do.

This morning T is coming. Sue is off to go visit her sisters in Ohio. We'll be baking off the rest of the cookie blobs, and dipping buckeyes.

Sharon....I would have been ticked. What a mess. YUCK!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...a cold day ahead for us with a high in the 30s. I really hate this winter stuff!! Yesterday was in the 50s but the sun never came out and while it didn't rain there was a damp feel to the air.

Sierra and her bf are coming for supper and to finally hang that damn shelf. I have meatballs frozen and will plop them into spaghetti sauce. I might make a pumpkin pie...maybe some pumpkin bread...or maybe not.

Blues won last night. 6 in a row! They don't play again until Saturday and I am not sure where or where. Doesn't matter cuz I will be here waiting. Andrew's afghan is almost finished. I worked on it yesterday afternoon and feel asleep mid stitch. Hate when I do that because it makes me feel so old. I may BE old but who wants to look and feel it by admitting they fell asleep doing something. Like the little old man character Tim Conway used to play...remember him?

Oh, Boffler what a mess...Especially that late at night. Karlinann, enjoy your warmer temps. We have put on our woollies a lot earlier this year. Burr. Donna loved your fb post with the words. Should do something today but won't until this afghan is finished. I am a great starter but then want it finished. Then I will have no excuse and will have to do something around here until the next batch of yarn comes in. These darn Hallmark movies do not help either!

Should get an early start today so will head in to shower. Maybe another cup of coffee first...
      Have a great day everyone..

Comment

Good morning..my day off. Being lazy this morning..doctor’s appointment and a trip to goodwill this afternoon.

Comment

I am having a busy morning and not sure how much I can post.
          Sunny and warms up by afternoon from our chilly mornings. Kids come in jackets and leave without them!

Karlinann, thank you for the sites! Hoping my weekend will be my study time!
          Tonight I am cooking and putting together my food for tomorrow’s shelter dinner. Becky has an early day so she will take the food over. My newest child does not get picked up in time and I hate the stress over needing food to get somewhere by a certain time.

Sharon, I can’t imagine the inside clean up you had in the night!
          Hope you have a good vet trip and a calm day.
          I will go check out cookielady’s post. Facebook does not show me all I want to see and lots of what I don’t!

Have a good day off, Beth.

Hope you all do well and feel better Karlinann!

Comment

Working...
          X