Tuesday, November 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, November 5

Good morning Rounders! I forgot my b/p med and glucosamine yesterday, but didn't realize it until bedtime. My joints are killing me this morning and we have a forecast of 80% rain. I'm telling you my joints were killing me starting yesterday. I'm not even going outside today. I had a wicked headache last night and it still hurts and I'm starting to get congestion. It's a take it easy day.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...Sounds like you are coming down with something Karlinann. Take care of yourself!

Rained yesterday afternoon into the evening. Makes you feel cold all the way down. Sun will shine today but temps only in the 50s. Another shot at flurries later this week. Winter settled in quickly.

Jon grill pork chops last night that were delish but he started late so we ate late and the kid was so hungry he was hovering over the stove while I was trying to cook. He couldn't get food on the table fast enough! Tonight he ask for a pot of chili and I can do that with no problem and have it ready when he walks through the door after school. Even have all the ingredients
    so don't need a trip out.

No plans for today..will need an afternoon nap because the Blues don't play until 9:00. It had better be an exciting game because I fade pretty fast after 8:00! Down to the last 4 skeins of yarn for Andrew's afghan...it is going fast. I am thinking I will buy some more yarn to have around for another one. I could scrounge up a load of laundry and do have ironing to do. I have cleaned at the kitchen but never given it a deep cleaning. The stove is a mess thanks to two guys who go in and cook then leave a mess I am suppose to scour. I also hate opening the microwave and remnants of last night snacks are exploded on the walls. That is a big pet peeve!

Going to start the day around here. Karlinann hope you are feeling ok. Everyone have a great day....

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Maxie. As a matter of fact I did go out this morning and made two topiaries for the front porch. I had 4 Rosemary plants that I started last year from cuttings and they were ready to do something with so I put them in the big planters and now they are on either side of our front door and they look so good. I also trimmed up the Yaupon Holly shrubs that are in front of the big window out front. They grew quite a bit in one year. They are ouchies and sharp so I cut my hand twice while I was out there. One cut was dangerously close to the big vein in the top of your hand. Scary!

I'm feeling much better, but exhausted.

Good morning...over slept..have a good day

Comment

I did not know rosemary got that big! Are they sturdy enough for lights? You have Christmas decorations! Glad you are feeling better but if you are tired you may still be coming down with something...I haven't heard of anything going around here but they did say to get your flu shots before the end of October.

Beth have a good day even if it got off to a rushed start.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie, Rosemary gets really big, kind of like a small Christmas tree. I will not decorate them because I like just the green and they are in slate gray planters and it looks sleek. They are only about 2 ft tall right now, but they will keep growing. I had one to get about 5 ft tall when we lived in South Carolina.

ps I've had my flu shot and all my medical stuff is done for this year except for a Mammogram and my doc is supposed to be ordering that. I have until the end of this year.

Good morning! It is chilly out now so the heat is going but it will be in the upper 70’s to low 80’s later. Chili sounds good in the morning but by dinner time I want a cold soda!

I put off going to Walgreens yesterday because I could, I guess. That means I will go today. I need some sympathy cards and a wedding card.

Yuck! Font size changed

Comment

Ok, adding a bit more and hope the font size stays big,
        I just went to Amazon and bought a box of cards. Most people care about what amount is in the card not the amount on the back of the card.
        My mom still checks for Hallmark cards but the rest of my family is ok with just getting mail!

My geraniums are looking scraggly. Any ideas, Karlinann? I also have lawn edges that do not absorb water because of poor soil and the lawn slants down. That is my area to fix. I don’t want rocks or bark there because I think it would be ending up in the street like the water does...

Where are the Blues playing that the game is so late?
        Natives are getting restless so I better go.
        Hope you all have a calm day!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          they are in Vancouver.

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          I would take up the Geraniums and cut off the last blooms and bundle them together in sets of three, put a rubber band around them at the roots and put them upside down in paper bags and hang in the garage or a dry place for over wintering. They will come back in spring when you put them back in the garden.

Pansies and marigolds are good choices for planting now. Pick out ones with 3 colors and it will flow.

That area that does not absorb water I don't know how to fix, but I would check out nurseries for drought tolerant plants, something that spreads quickly like ajuga, or a vining plant that has a bloom and be sure to water the holes before you put the plant in. I think Vinca Minor would work for you or Pachysandra, plus the Pachysandra smells divine.

Good afternoon. Karliann them achy bones are nothing to laugh about, I use my heated throw like I would a heating bad.

Maxie I also detest a mess left in microwave because I know who has to clean it. But last week I didn’t watch my bowl of cream of wheat and it boiled over what a mess that was to clean, sure glad it didn’t explode on the walls.

Got busy fixing breakfast, clean up, then shower and hubby called and wondered if I would drop off his cellphone, then went to vote, the stop at the store now back home.

Looks like parmesean chicken for supper supper and salad. Have a good day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
        X