Monday, Novermber 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, Novermber 4

Good morning Rounders! We all survived the time change I'm guessing. Just think of it as gaining an extra hour until you get adjusted to it and it goes better.

My crockpot chicken did not get done by dinnertime becuz it was frozen when I put it on. I was so hungry that I heated up some leftover sauce and cooked some angel hair pasta and that's what we had for dinner.

First thing when I got up this morning was to debone all the chicken, and separate the dark meat from the white. I do not care for the dark because it's too fatty. I took all the bones and grizzle out of the pot, then added water, bay leaves, celery, carrots, and cilantro to the broth. I added some of the small pieces of chicken and let it cook for 2 hours and then I added broken pieces of angel hair pasta to the pot. Now it's simmering and smells so good. Oh, I did put the skin back into the soup pot for extra goodness. I will have some of that enriched soup today with baked apples for dessert.

I know it's not even T'Giving yet, but all I can think about is Christmas. Christmas décor, Christmas Tree Ornaments, Christmas gifts, Christmas cookies, Christmas candy, Christmas wreaths. It's the Hallmark movies! I'm on C overload here! Help!!!!!

Yesterday I went out and worked on putting some more pavers on the Bank. They really make all the difference. I pulled up some and added them to an already existing row around one of the Chinese Elm trees on the Bank. When I turned one paver over there was a snake under it. I dropped that one real fast. Scared me, even though I think it was a garter snake, but you know what, I'm not going to wait around to find out. He/she did not move, but I think it was the cool temp that made it sedate. Ugh! Hate snakes!!!!!! From now on I will lift those pavers very carefully, and I was wearing gloves.

My garden is being plowed by the ground mole. He has excavated the entire yard as a matter of fact. I really do need to eradicate that little bulldozer.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! My body likes this time change.

Yesterday was good. I got everything done that I had to. Sugar cookies baked, cake delivered, pumpkin pie baked, Corky's lunch food for the week made. I actually made a decent dinner, though I didn't get to eat what I had planned for myself. Like you KA, what I was cooking didn't get done in time. I had a small roast in the dutch oven & it needed another hour or so. I had baked 4 ck leg qtr, so there was plenty. Blaise said my mashed potatoes were particularly good. What he didn't know is I finished up my carton of heavy cream in it, then added regular milk for the rest. They were good.

I spent most of my evening watching The Great British Bake Off (I think that's the name). I'd pause it and do whatever was needing attn in the kitchen, then go back to it.

My ribs around the back are really hurting from my coughing. I looked up what the symptoms of walking pneumonia are, and I don't have them. It just really hurts to cough. I can breath deeply, but once the coughing starts, it goes on for about 30 sec to well over a minute. My head ends up hurting too. I'm so over having this cough.

Yesterday one of my projects was pulling out all the cookie recipes I'll be needing, and deciding how many batches of each I want to make. Now this is just a guess using last year's orders. I also wrote down how many eggs I'd need for each. Need well over 25 doz total. I did test my one customer who always orders 14 doz of one kind of cookie for the cookie exchange she participates in. I wanted to know if she was going to order the Reece cup cookies again, because I'd start looking for the candies on sale. She's not. That's all I needed to know. She'll order in the next couple of weeks.

Anyways, I'm going with my list and getting some of the needed ingredients. Then it's home to start mixing up some dough & prepping some pies that were ordered.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Donna sounds like pleurisy, have had it before and it does hurt like crazy...I am amazed at all you can accomplish when it comes to baking...I can make two batches of cookies and feel worn out, LOL... https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ng%20breathing.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Donna, if I were you I'd go ahead and find some of those Reese's Cups on sale anyway and make a few. I'll bet someone will want them before it's all said and done. I bet you have already thought of that scenario. Whoot!!!

Good Morning....I like this time change also, just seems to suit me better... wish they would just keep it this way. It looks rather blustery out there this morning, I need to get a shower and get busy today, housekeeping duties, what I need is a maid.

The smoked pulled pork finished up around 7:00 p.m. after letting it sit hubby shredded it, I put in quart bags and it is now in freezer...got 4 bags he is taking one to the office with him this morning to share with the other realtors...

What I did yesterday was sit here at this computer way to long finding soup/stew recipes for the cold months that are coming...not that I don't like the ones I make already, just wanting a few different ones.. Last week I made hasselbach sweet potatoes to go with our ham slices, we really liked them except for the pecans on top, will not add those the next time. Have to look in freezer and decide on supper tonight, leaning toward meatloaf with green beans and potatoes made in crockpot...

That's all folks, time for my newspapers I read on line and another cup of coffee, usually only drink one, think I need another one this morning....Have a great day one and all.

P.S. Karliann I detest snakes and even seeing a baby one would send me running, LOL...hope you can get rid of your bulldozer, any takers?

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      No there are no takers, and you would think that one of those confounded snakes around here would have already caught him/her. Ugh!!!

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to make my own pulled pork bbq, but then I got to the point where I just could not tolerate it. Maybe it's the fat content. Don't know, but I no longer make it. I do love Beef Brisket though. Yum!

Good morning! I know what you mean about Christmas overload...I am so ready to start putting up decorations. WAY to many Hallmark movies!! But I just never get tired of them no matter how many times I have seen them. Have one on right now because it beats the heck out of the news. Hate snakes here..there are no good ones as far as I am concerned and they were saying this summer with all the flooding and water still standing in places after all this long that copper heads were prevalent. That means they will be back in the spring. Ick! There is still water standing in low areas around here.

No plans for today. Did laundry yesterday so that is caught up. Washed an old rug from the boy cave door and it fell apart in the machine. Nice mess but what is left of it is clean. Jon is off today so he will cook whatever his little pointed heads chooses. I left a basket of towels out last night and I see someone folded them. Must have been an elf because I am pretty sure my son has forgotten how to fold anything.

I order a lot from Amazon but take free shipping so my orders are longer in arriving...I hate paying for Prime. I hate paying credit card fees. I am just an old tight butt! The coffee was a shock and I still got free shipping. I am always amazed when they can give you an arrival date and time. And they will tell you if it is delayed. I was so close to signing up for prime then they raised the price. I know I object to the strangest things and then will turn around and waste money on the dumbest things. What can I say? Only have one order outstanding right now but it is a new poppy comforter from Zulily...for me!

Not sure I will adjust to this time change quickly. When you are up between 3:30 and 4:30 every morning that hour back is a big deal! Well, guess I'll have another cup of coffee...seems I have a large supply newly arrived. Have a good day every one. Not sure the weather for today but it did warm to 60 yesterday. Seemed like a heat wave already!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Our weather has been really cool mornings, but the A/C is still kicking on in the evening. I'll take it though. It beats the 90 degree days of summer.

Good morning.. not in a great mood...last night was bad at work..I have nice steam burn on my thumb and I got chased off my serving line. Unless something was needed. I got sent to another station to serve. I will be talking to chef this morning! My dad and uncle are adding insulation to the attic today mom is just chilling. I am headed to work after while.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      That insulation will be such an added help this winter!

KA...I normally make an add'l 15-20 doz extra plus what was ordered last year. The extras are for the trays. This lady orders 14 doz for whatever kind of cookie she decides to take to the cookie exchange. That's an awful lot to be stuck with if she doesn't order that kind. We do stock up on the candies (Reece & Kiss) after holidays.

Comment

I never thought of ordering cookies for an Exchange! I hope she gives you credit, Donna! It takes all of my Christian generosity to share the Lady Locks!
      Seriously! And only with my best friends!

Today is Stuart’s birthday. Child #3 and second son. I sent him a gift card for a year of audio and ebook membership. He has a 25 minute commute to work so I am hoping I finally figured out what to give him.
      The older kids get the harder it is for me to find something they don’t already have.

I bought some groceries to make Som good soups and dinners. Now to see what actually gets made!
      One thing I Forgot was food for my shelter dinner Friday. I will be shopping again.
      We are making Me I an lasagna: layered tortillas, meat, beans, sauce, cheese.
      It makes a hefty pan of food! Corn, salad, rolls or cornbread. Rolls if my friend is back in time, cornbread if I end up providing the bread.
      We have not been told the location, yet!

I got a pedicure Saturday while the Breeders Cup was on.
      That track has had such bad stuff happening with horses.

Well I am rambling and kids are moving around and I better move, too!

Hope you all are avoiding the drama out there.
      Take care!

Comment

Working...
      X