Sunday, November 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, November 3

Good morning Rounders! Well, the A&C fair did not happen. My neighbor called me a little past 7 am and cancelled. She had not been able to sleep and was so sorry and apologetic about it, but she couldn't do it. I think she worked herself into a frenzy fretting about it and just couldn't handle it. I've been there myself a few times. I told her it was alright.

In the meantime it was a long day for me. I finally ended up going out in the afternoon and crunching up some dry leaves into mulch. I wore a mask this time, and hope I don't get an URI, (Upper Respiratory Infection).

I started out watching Merry & Bright on Hallmark Channel, but at 8:30 I could not hold my eyes open and went to bed. It's ok. That movie will be on again and again.

Today I'm making Chicken and Stuffing. I have a nice fat hen that I will put in the crockpot, and I already have some veggies cooked up and will make mashed potatoes & the stuffing around dinner time. Done!!!

Lifetime channel has holiday movies 24/7. Who knew? I caught a good one yesterday.

I have started quilting my Red quilt pieces together. I started it last fall and just tucked it away after my failure at the Arts & Crafts fair last year. It is with red & white stripes, red & white polka dots, and plain red fabrics and will be lovely when finished. It's going to be a wall hanging or lap quilt. Something to work on when dh is watching football games. I cannot get into sports and we only have one tv.

So, I do not have any exciting news to report. I live a very meagre life here. What are you doing?
    Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...time changed last night. Going to take a day or so to get used to it. If they ask for a vote I would vote down time changes. Mainly because no one changed the clocks round here until I did this morning. Except for the stove..I do not know how to change the time on the stove...does that mean I can't use it because the time is wrong?

We did go to St. Louis late afternoon to the hobby shop. Took twice as long to get there as we spent in the store. Have officially started Christmas shopping! Grabbed a burger on the way home and then watched the Blues win. I ordered coffee from Amazon Friday afternoon and it was delivered while we were pulling out of the driveway. I always opt for free shipping so get the longest delivery time but this came in less than 24 hours. There is always an Amazon truck out here dropping off packages...no wonder stores are closing when you can get that kind of service from on line ordering. There is a big Amazon distribution center about 15 miles from here so must be amazing what they handle in those big warehouses.

No plans for today. Looking like a Hallmark day. May do some laundry. Maybe sit and crochet all afternoon. I am half way through the yarn so hope it is enough...I can't judge that anymore. Seems each skein works up different. Sorry your afternoon didn't work out Karlinann. Your quilt sounds beautiful and bright.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I use Amazon so much that I know I get my money’s worth from my Amazon Prime.

Good Morning, thank gosh I finally know what day it is, now the 'timing' is a bit off...

Got up and got a pork butt roast ready for the smoker, going to make pulled pork, which we love and make enough to freeze also, it takes a long time.

karliann your quilt does sound festive, I need to get back into quilting, trouble is I always sewed everything by hand, now I must resort to the sewing machine and since I do not have a sewing area just for me it will take up space on the diningroom table, LOL...I need to get into making quilts, I once made one totally by hand that is made from clothes my children and from our clothes also...can look at it and remember who was wearing it. Chicken and dressing with gravy is one of my favorites, hubby says it is much better than turkey, LOL..

Maxie I have to admit that I do a lot of online shopping because I get worn out and so aggravated shopping in stores, it seems people are a bit more rude than I ever remember...what kind of coffee do you order? I changed all the clocks last night before going to bed, if I left it up to the hubby we would be an hour late for appts. No plans for the day yet except Nascar race, love me some Nascar...Also the dreaded job of deciding on what to fix for supper...well hubby is up so now first I must decide on what to have for breakfast..

Have a good day one and all, I might just watch a few movies and stay in my flannel bottoms, thermal top and fuzzy socks all day.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I order Folgers Morning Cafe K cup. I cannot get it around here and if I have to drive around looking for coffee it is just as easy to order it. I order more and more on line...even my yarn now. If someone would have told me a few years ago I would be ordering coffee of all things on line I would have told you were nuts!

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I shop online because it would mean miles of driving to find what we don’t have here.
      Then my mom asks me to order for her because she has a hard time understanding people on the phone! So lots of packages on my steps!

Good morning all.

Church and a day of rest. Getting "geared" up for leaf mulching tomorrow. Also have to clean the gutters before mulching.

Everyone have a great day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...my church retreat was really good and really a lot of fun.

I have Bible Study this morning...Then I want to spend my afternoon. Tackling my mountain of laundry that needs folded. My parents and Uncle are coming one day this week. My dad and uncle are adding more insulation in the attic or something. I am glad dad waited on some one to help him. We really don’t want him on a ladder.

Comment

Almost out the door.
        Will be back after church to post.

Comment

Good SUNNY Afternoon! Yesterday was a pretty one too, though it's bit chilly out there.

Yesterday was good, though I dragged butt all day. I think it was the night time cough syrup that I took. We went to one garage sale and got nothing. Went to town and picked up Cork's weekly supplies at WM, and I went to Aldi's for a couple of items, and came out with a cart full. I bought cases of several baking items. Now their flour is down to $.99/bag, so I'll go in maybe tomorrow and buy and couple hundred pounds.

Came home, and then headed to the craft show that Theresa set us up at. I was a bit disappointed, but I guess for the first year, it wasn't bad. We sold half of what we brought. It was a learning experience. I came home, unloaded the car, and laid down for a long nap. I'm in a bit of a tizzy right now because I can't find the money I made yesterday. I keep praying. I paid Theresa, and then took the rest yesterday. I've checked all pockets & boxes.

This morning we went to church & SS. Had to go down and pick up Blaise. Kathy is starting a job tonight at midnight, and that's her reason for not keeping Blaise for the day or bringing him home. I iced a carrot cake & got that delivered to Mel's. Now need to bake off the rest of the cutout sugar cookies and make Cork's lunch food for the week. Not playing cards tonight.

Sorry you didn't get to go yesterday KA.

Have a good one all!

Comment

It has been a busy day for a day of rest. I was asked to help in the nursery at church so no Sunday School but cute little kids.
            Snack time was juice and Goldfish crackers! I passed but it was the quietest time we had.

Becky made cookies that taste good but about half did not bake up
            pretty enough to take to work. Then my brother texted I need to update my mom’s phone before the end of the day. At 4:30. For the woman who does not want to drive after dark. Why couldn’t he have said it earlier??

Comment

Working...
            X