Friday, November 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, November 01

Good morning Rounders! Nothing much happening here. I will be back later to catch up on what's going on with all of you. It's Friday! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...wrote a post and got server abort again. Don't know what that means other than I am not in the mood to rewrite anything. Maybe later. Have a good start to this new month.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Trying to get here has been a challenge the past few days, hoping that is not a sign of what is to come...maybe someone needs to clean up our area...

Good morning...my day started with my niece stopping by on her way to class to use my bathroom. Brrr it’s freezing outside!!

Today I am taking my sis to breakfast...then I have work..then going to gym...the the ladies retreat for church is tonight and tomorrow

Comment

Good Morning to you Karliann and all who follow....today is trash day so rounding up all that needs to be out by the curb...

Yesterday was the dentist chair for a filling, I think they believe that just because they suction the saliva from your mouth doesn't mean you lose the urge to swallow... my jaw area is a bit tender this morning.

Going to treat myself to liver and onions this evening, not something my husband likes at all so he can have leftover beef stew...I have been wanting liver and onions for a long time but being on blood thinners it was a big no no, well today is the day I do it and be real careful about what else I eat that will affect my blood..

I see so many things I have neglected and need to get done, especially cleaning out bathroom drawers, need to get some containers to keep things separated instead of all over the place...also my computer drawers and file cabinet....I truly think after the holidays that will be something I try and get done before heading to FL for a month...

Well no more news here, except my Autumn Blaze Maples and burning bushes out front are so beautiful...love them...

Have a great day one and all, see you back later Karliann...I hope to get back here also.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Okay, I'm back. I went out and raked up a garbage can full of leaves and put them in the mulch pile. I have a touch of vertigo. Guess it's from hand mulching the some of those leaves to put around my Blackberry plants.

Hey, it's 58 degrees and I love it. It is going to get back up in the high 80's again by Sunday. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can.

I've been watching the Hallmark movies all morning. Guess I'll go watch some more now. Take care.

Boffler, I could not eat Liver and Onions if I tried. I used to like them. Now I'm very sensitive to meats, meat smells, etc. I don't know what happened, but something did. Sometimes I get sick from the smell of chicken or beef and sometimes I don't. Weird!!!
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I was having a hard time getting in the last couple of days, too.
          Easy today and I am happy for that.

A fair amount of kids came by and I still have a huge bowl of candy! I was giving away 5 things to each kid but I guess between Becky and myself we bought too much. I have a friend who works the after school program in a poor little school and will give her the rest. They do lots of service for the kids and this can go in great bags at Christmas if need be.

Four new tires is a huge deal to my budget! But the car sure feels better for it when I do.

Every week is yard waste day now until January because of all our leaves. I had to get down on my knees yesterday to clean the leaves out of the pool. Where they collect in that basket... the pump was making a weird noise and I finally realized what to check.

Tonight is the Downtown Art Walk. Businesses open late and local artists and vineyards ( go figure) displaying and sampling. Art is for sale and all kinds of lights t make it festive and bright. I am going and not sampling or buying but just to enjoy something and try and get past the anxiety of power outages and fires.
          One of my friends just got power back yesterday! She does live up in a wooded area so I understand but it sure makes it hazard!

Comment

A child just came in and is crying for Mom.. late night and candy can do
            that.

Boffler, where in Florida will you be?
            I need to go and hope you all are well and the day is good!

Comment

Ok, I am back and going to give this another try. However, I am not in a great mood because the morning started aggravating and is going down hill fast. I have satellite internet which is slow anyway and now getting into here is even slower now. Then I went to walmart and stood in a hot line to check out and they did have 3 lanes open which is a miracle but they were manned with newbies and everyone had a problem. I try to be patient (and we all know that is against my nature) but sometimes you want to scream!

I bought the second dust ruffle so I will have them both ready to go when I find a back strong enough to lift a mattress. Sierra 'says' she will be by next week but will she? And will she bring that bf with her to finally help get that shelf hung? As much as I dislike him we need his strong back and long arm reach. However, helping anyone other than themselves is a big lift for those two. How do you become so self centered?

I have three Hallmark channels and must still be getting to much news because those movies are not dampening my sour mood with politics. Sickening display of partisanship and to hell with right, wrong, ethics and morals. How are we suppose to teach our kids? I can even find Christmas movies on Lifetime so I can add another channel....I do need a good dose of sweetness and happy endings.

Andrew is staying tonight so need to find something for supper. I am thinking grilled cheese and soup. He can take that down to the tv. Their 6 flags trip with his uncle is now tomorrow. Will be warmer anyway. Only change in my life is I will have to watch hockey in my clothes and not my jams.

I could go on with gripes and complaints but need to put my groceries away and iron the dust ruffle. Jon went through the box I had from the cleaned out chest. The papers he put back in the chest...surprise! and the electronics he saved for the kids to look at. Still have a box of crap in there!

Should have stopped for lunch but I do have a bag of M&M's. We ate all the Halloween candy before the big night so good thing no one stopped here. We would have answered the door with chocolate mouths....

Glad to see November come...time for Thanksgiving and Christmas trees. My sister is trying to get our November shopping trip lined up so I had better start a list. We are going to the hobby store tomorrow.

Have a good rest of the day.

Comment

Boffler, you won't like Flagler Beach too much. At least I don't think you will. The water will be too cold to swim in the ocean, it's more like a reserve area, and the place just looks desolate to me. There are a few places to park along the oceanside and walk on the beach, but it's not very wide and I would think it's more for a naturalist type person. My dh and I have driven up and down the coast there, but I was not impressed at all.

Are you camping in a trailer or staying in a motel? For decent motel on the beach is just above Daytona called Ormond Beach. The motel is called Oceanfront Inn and Suites. They have King beds, a nice pool, showers for after the beach before you come back up, (there are stairs to climb down) and a free muffin, donuts, apples, coffee kind of bkfst. We like the Andy Romano Park which is right down the street from the motel. They have a handicapped ramp all the way down to the beach, they have a wide expanse of beach, they have bathrooms but they are never too clean and I hate them, and they have a parking lot, and a splash fountain for the kids. There are picnic tables, and grills. It's pretty neat. In December the whales are supposed to come for their mating season, but we've never seen one. I forget the name of the whales, but they are big.

Rockefeller's house, The Casements, is at Ormond Beach and it's a must to tour. The tour is free. The Peach Valley Café has wonderful food and I highly recommend it for lunch. Betty's Café at Ormond By The Sea is right up the road from the motel and they have wonderful home cooked food. Their fish dinner is delicious and do try the Lemon Pie. Homemade goodness!

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, now I want to see that beach! Google Earth will be my tour guide, I guess!

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for all the info Karliann, I really wanted to be close to a beach, last year we stayed in Ocala, which was a really nice and friendly park. We have a motorhome we stay in, last year we stayed visited St. Agustine, which was really a nice area, we stayed in a resort area then, my sis and her hubby have a timeshare they use. I had thought about Ft. Pierce also, and Vero beach as I have a friend that lives there. At Ocala no beaches were really close, I don't really want to swim in the ocean just wade in it, LOL...but I do want an RV park that has a pool...
            Working...
            X