Wednesday, October 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, October 30

Good morning Rounders! Paula, I was so worried about you yesterday. Glad you and your daughter are okay. I could not stand the stress of living around that area where at any time you could be faced with such danger of fire or worse. Stay as safe as can be. Prayers going out for you and all those in danger.

DH got his eyes examined yesterday and they told him he would need cataract surgery within 2 years. He had his eyes dilated and was pretty much out of commission the rest of the day. I went out late in the afternoon and finished mowing the grass and that was a mistake. Too hot!!! I got sick from it. I don't know if it was the heat, but I think it was. I will stick to mowing in the early mornings from now on. I cannot handle the heat anymore.

Today is trash pick-up and I will get it to the curb at daylight.

My plants are all doing great. The Tea Tree Olives are in bloom and they smell divine. I have Zinnia's that are up on the Bank. I cast those seeds about a month ago when the spring Zinnia's had finished and gone to seed. More will come up hopefully after this good rain we've had. I am hopeful anyway. All my transplants seem to be doing fine as well. Life is good.

Here is to all of you having a great day. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Back to dreary, but yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. I even opened the windows.

Yesterday was busy. We baked off lots of cookies. The only one I HAVE to get done this morning are the ginger snaps, then the wedding order for tonight will be done.

Today it'll just be Sue & me, but we decided yesterday to go out for lunch, and Theresa will go with us.

Be careful Karlinann.

Later!

Comment

Morning! We could have snow showers tomorrow and the coldest temps of the season so far and Karlinann has flowers blooming and grass to mow! What is wrong with this picture? Winter is wrong with this picture! Do take care of yourself Karlinann...sometimes you just have to leave those jobs over to others.

Today is lunch with the school chums day. Not a highlight of my week but I haven't gone in a long time and it is close to me. If I leave early enough I can stop for groceries. I know I just shopped but the fridge is empty. Andrew tells me the snack drawer is low. I;m sure I have no idea where those snacks go....but I do know sometimes you need a little pick me up while sitting home all alone watching Hallmark.

Jon is off tomorrow and wants to go to St. Louis to the Hobby Shop and pick up Drew's Christmas gift. We will share the cost of his new car and get him a gift card for repair parts later. One gift will be off Santa's list! Talked with my sister yesterday a she will start researching areas for next years vacation. Andrew says the beach. Surprised me since we had planned on Disney. He is now old enough to do the things he wants so guess we will be doing the beach. I like the beach. We have to plan early because there are a lot of vacations to sync. Plus it will be nice to have a vacation in the sun with hot sand to think about all winter while it is freezing and snowing here. Like tomorrow!!

No cooking today so we will either go out or the guys will scrounge for something. They seem to be enjoying these scrounging nights. Last night after supper they made a campfire for marshmallows and it started raining before the fire got going. I told them it was going to start raining because I had the weather on but no one believes me even though I was sitting here with the weather guy right on tv. Oh well, I didn't get wet, course I didn't get a marshmallow either! Being right can be a curse..

No sun again today and need to find something to wear to lunch. Paula please stay safe. Glad you have a generator. Karlinann...can you believe I am saying this?, stay out of the sun. Cookie enjoy your lunch out. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Good morning..not a lot to report. I am hoping my line won’t be quite as popular today. Yesterday was steak and potato day..a very popular day!!

Comment

Good Morning to all, got busy doing things and forgot what time it was...

Got my teeth cleaned yesterday, found one spot that looks like there is a cavity starting so will go back Thursday and get that taken care of...stopped afterwords and picked up a few things I needed to make some beef stew...like Maxie said, weatherman is predicting some cold weather and flurries on Friday so stew sounded good, will make some homemade rolls to go with it..

Trying to shore up plans for next Thanksgiving, I want a Thanksgiving in the mountains, in a cabin, with all the kids and families, got the thumbs up from two of them, been asking them one at a time, LOL...after I get the thumbs up from all of them will spring it on the hubby.

Not much exciting going on here, summer furniture is all put away, will try and play catch up here inside..my cat is literally driving us stark raving mad, he is meowing constantly and searching the house for his brother, it has been 5 months since we lost him but it is getting worse instead of better, plus I think he is losing his hearing... we have tried everything recommended and nothing is working, he is a senior cat 12 1/2 yrs. old. It is continues except at times when he sleeps but he wakes up meowing...I refuse to get another cat do not want the responsibility anymore, it hinders our travels..

I do need to work on making calendars today, already getting appts. for 2020 and need my calendar to keep track, also make one for the two guys which they appreciate..

karliann, do bet careful in the heat, and keep watching that blood pressure...well two years down the road for hubby before cataract surgery is a good thing..

Maxie, hope you have a good lunch with classmates, hardest part is getting ready for it, LOL I am with you, not overjoyed about cold weather coming but I do enjoy seeing a good snow on the ground as long as I don't have to be out in it.. but a beach vacation would be wonderful.

cookielady living up to her name,

Well time to truly get my day started and get something done... smile and the world will smile with you if you are lucky.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good earlier than usual morning! I am on my way for the daycare day with one child here and so happy my jury duty was postponed until the 4th of Dec. then we will all keep fingers crossed it is cancelled as most are. You have to call after 5:00 pm the night before the trial so it makes it a bit hard on parents but with notice they have managed and the last jury duty summons that trial cancelled at the last moment.

Our next vacation is for a beach and I can't wait! Hawaii and just need for Becky to get the official ok for her vacation days and I will book it. Spencer booked the last one. This time it will be just Becky and me. It is such a long flight for them from MD and Stuart and his family went for 10 days this year, but we will do fine ( as long as I can book our room!)

I have cookies to make today that will be a mix during the morning and bake right after daycare. I am also determined to clear off my stacking area in the laundry/ daycare bethroom and highchair area. Give me a flat surface and I can fill it up...

Karlinann, right now and most of the time because I live in town, I am physically safe from wildfires. My danger would be like most of us with a house fire. Because our town is rural, dry and prone to fires we live with caution and watching out for friends who live out just a few mikes but right in the danger zone. I hate all the fires right now...no one, no matter the cost of their house or the amount of insurance they carry, can afford to lose everything. Homes are full of those sentimental things that money can not replace.

So, stay hydrated if you are going out, Karlinann.
            Enjoy that lunch, Maxie. Eat pie!
            Sharon, I love your planning! Tell Doug, The kids want to...
            Beth, have a great day and smile through the drama.
            Donna, enjoy your lunch, too. Good to take a break!
            Take care and thanks for all your advice!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Andrew wants to go to Hawaii! His dad told him he would buy him a video and he could go every night...
              He will just have to settle for someplace along the Gulf. I am not ready to take him to Mexico just yet!

In my old county, jury duty was for a year but you called once a month to see if there would be a trial. I only had to go once and then was excused because one of the guys suing the other lived in the same small town I did even though I did not know him. Small backward counties and rural towns are not all that bad when it comes to jury duty!

So I am off the lunch and it is raining. Had to dig around for a nicer jacket and found a 1.00 in the pocket. Guess I was just as poor the last time I wore it as I am today. Some things never change. Happy you are in a safe area.

Well, you know that dollar I found...wasn't near enough for what I needed today! I showered, dried my hair with the hair dryer and styled it, even used hairspray since it is rainy. Ironed a top and put on my going out underwear...have my earrings in. Get into the car and it tells me I have a low tire. So I drive to the oil place and have them check it. He airs up all the tires then comes out and tells me he cannot let me leave without knowing I have 4 bad tires. Naw unh...I only have two! Well, he says they are all 4 bad. So I have missed lunch and just came home to eat an ice cream bar...took off my going out underwear and am now the proud owner of 4 new tires. I am wondering what despicable thing I have done lately that caused this gotcha. I

Comment

Working...
            X