Tuesday, October 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, October 29

Good morning Rounders! It's almost Halloween, it's almost the end of this month, and it's almost time for the time to change. Ah, yes, once again we go through the fall back.

This coming Saturday is the Arts & Crafts Fair here at our complex and me and my friend are supposed to go and scope out the wood crafts. We are going on her golf cart, but if it rains I'm calling it off.

DH has an eye doc appt. this morning and I'm driving becuz he's getting his eyes dilated.

That is about it for me. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was a gorgeous day...loved it!

Yesterday my motor ran on slow speed once I got home from grocery shopping. I eventually got all the cookie doughs mixed and in the refrig.

Today is baking day. Both of my girls are coming, and I hope to kick butt....not theirs, but of baking off cookies. I've really got to think what to make for dinner. Maybe spaghetti.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning. I am up an hour early. I think I will find the couch for that hour.

Comment

Good Morning, good morning...Karli hope you and your friend find some nice things at the fair. Yes the ole time change, means my cat will wake me up at 4:00 a.m. instead of 5:00 ... I miss having trick or treaters, out of the city limits and houses to far apart for any around here..

Today is getting my teeth polished and shined also checked... Not my favorite thing to do but a necessity, next I need to make an appt. for the boob squeeze... also carotid scan.. End of the year maintenance check up...

Will have to play catch up on laundry this week at some point, took care of setting up more bills on auto pay, wanted to do that before going to Florida for a month in the coming year...tried it for two weeks last year, going for a month this year, building up gradually.

I called my Dr. and ask since I am doing better with the Crohn's if I could get off of the Imuran as it has me losing so much of my hair, really, really can see my scalp on top, he agreed I could stop taking it, BUT if I start having any issues to give him a call...

Well time to fix myself some breakfast and then get a shower and make sure my teeth and breath are good to go.

Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning! I slept longer and later last night than I have in a long time. 7 uninterrupted hours! Been a very long time since I have slept that many hours straight. Maybe I will get the cleaning bug? But when you think about it, that is a horrible way to use new found energy!

Things are dull and boring around here. Not complaining! Karlinann, hope you get lunch out today. Enjoy!!

Have a great day...

Ok I am back. Just went to face book and was reading of all the small towns changing trick and treating days because of the the rain? Really?! When my boys were young you accepted the weather and went. Why are we coddling this generation? I know it is just trick and treating but geeze...rain or snow or cold never stopped my boys. I understand cancelling a parade although I have stood in the rain watching a Fourth of July parade before. I have put on a poncho and ran an amusement park all day but we can't put up an umbrella to take our kids trick or treating? How many years did the kids have their winter coats under costumes but we still went. Personally I think we are making big mistakes with these kids but that is my opinion. Oh, well, I am not raising kids anymore...good thing because I would have to tell them it is not a perfect world and you CAN trick or treat in the rain and cold....

I.m off again to see whatever else can push my buttons.
          Last edited by maxie; 10-29-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Have been clearing things outside and putting things in out of the weather. Yesterday morning I mulched leaves as we had wind over the weekend that cleared the leaves off the basswood tree. Of course some of the maple tree leaves fell also. Only got the front yard done as I had to go to SIL's to help her trim her smoke bush and the rose of Sharon.

Have to leave here in a few minutes to head to Indianapolis to see my Nuerologist. Am hoping that she will refer me to the Ohio State University to possibly have the Lazer Surgery for my essential tremors. There just seems to be too many risks for the deep brain stimulus. I can't take the chance of having a stroke, as they will be working on my "good side".

Well I hope all have a good day.
            Last edited by jostoy; 10-30-2019, 09:52 AM.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

oh I am happy in the light of day and of the house!
              Kids are all back and now I am waiting to call the jury commissioner and ask about my request for a postponement . I realized just now that unless it was already decided too many will be asking for the same reason.
              One of those It is what it is situations. And that Serenity prayer which for me is more about what I can control and what i

cant control.

And that must include font size which changed on its own.

I am so amazed at all the help that was offered and came to the door! As Becky and I were Struggling to fill the gas can we bought I looked up and a guy was coming towards us to help us. A customer who willingly got gas on his hands and explained more to us that will sure help going forward. And now I know all gas cans are not created equally and will buy another.
              No generators around at any of our Home Depot stores. Harbor Freight sold out of a shipment they received in 1 1/2 hours in Redding that was not as affected as we were.
              So I will get one when I find the right one.

We have wind coming in again today with more shut offs. For this moment with heat and lights I am just going to be thankful and hopeful.

Have a wonderful day and keep each other close in thoughts and prayers

Comment

Working...
              X