Friday, October 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, October 18

Good morning Rounders! My B/P is normal again. Whoooowee! Today is my PCP appointment and I'm so glad I got it down. I will not eat anything until after the appt.

I had my painting lesson at my neighbors house yesterday and we had such a good sharing time. She is a gifted self-taught artist and has several works both finished and not finished. She is good. I painted a bird house and she says I have some talent, but I think not. It's cute and she told me it was mine so I brought it home. It's a bluebird house and I painted a morning glory on the front and a sign that says Fly in's welcome, and on the side a sign that says Free seeds. She got a kick out of it. We are going to the Arts & Crafts Fair here at the community on Nov. 3. They have an art club here as well, but I don't know when that one takes place. Maybe we'll go to that as well. The other thing we want to start doing maybe is wood crafting. Her late husband had all kinds of woodworking tools and between us we can start making things. I'm better at that sort of craft.

Have a great weekend everyone. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning! Karlinann I thought you would be a talented painter/crafter. You are just always doing something and people who are doers are good at whatever they do. I'm a plunker..I plunk down and am finished!

Yesterday I finished up more small chores. The ironing is totally, at this exact moment, completely done. I even ironed the dust ruffle to go on the bed and have it ready when I change the bedding. Ironed and hung the curtain. Jon did hang the picture and touch up paint so all that needs done to complete that room is hang that big shelf. Don't know what I will do today..woke with a headache and just couldn't lay anymore. There is a Hallmark Christmas movie on this morning so I may be sitting here over coffee a little longer. My niece sent a pair of socks saying they are Hallmark Christmas movie watching socks. There are a lot of us out there!

Since this is Friday I don't cook. Actually Andrew cooked last night. He conned his dad into cooking over a wood camp fire and they grilled hotdogs and hamburgers. Jon made a slaw from scratch and I put french fries in the air fryer. A community meal! I did not notice much of a taste change from the grill to a wood fire but they thought they were both so special. Heck, I will oooh and ahhh over anything I do not have to cook!!!!

What happens today will depend on how the headache progresses. Have no place to go and can always find something to do if I look. Blues lost in over time. Have a wonderful day all of you checking in this morning.

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, a "plunker" ??? You can always make me laugh when I read your posts. You are like a cousin of mine. She can come up with some "winners" just like you.

Good Morning! Would you believe.....the sun is shining! Helps the spirits so much. Yesterday was cold, rainy, and the wind just whipped. BLAH!

Yesterday was productive once we got our butts in gear. The first several batches of ladylocks just weren't turning out right. My filling didn't turn out right either. The shortening had an off taste, which made the filling taste off. I called Aunt J to see if she had any of the new shortening scooped yet, and she did. I zipped over there and got a tray. On the trip back home, I had 3 deer run out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes, slid, and almost hit two of them. I was shaking like a leaf after that. After we all settled down, figured out what was wrong, and I stopped shaking, we just plugged along.

The afternoon just seemed to flitter away. After dinner, I got busy mixing up a bunch of cookie dough. Sue came with an order yesterday, and I want to have it ready for her to take home with her today so she doesn't have to come back out here Monday for it.

This morning is baking....of course. I've already got 3 of the doughs shaped and will start baking them once I get off here. Then we have 3 more kinds to do once Sue gets here. I have a lunch date with my SIL and cousin (I think she's coming). Then it's home to made a delivery. I posted on FB yesterday asking if anyone wanted to busy any of the LL before I froze them. Well I got 3 more requests for my Christmas list, and a request for some of those LL. Will deliver them, then back to work baking. I know we won't get all the sugar cookies baked before noontime.

Blaise's BF Lawrence is coming home with him on the bus, then I'm taking them down to Kathy's for the night.

Well...the oven just dinged and it's time to get busy. Will be back later to comment & read. Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning to all. Will not be around again for awhile internet service not very good, makes me aggravated to wait for it to connect. So behave yourselves! Yeah right
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning..Yesterday was super productive! I organized my pantry and cleaned out my fridge. Then a big shopping trip to Aldi.

Work..a trip to Walmart and working out after work.

Comment

Boff, I'm not a "real" lumber jack yet. But I do have a tree in the back yard that has 2 large dead limbs in it. That will take my 16 inch bar chain saw to take them down. Just don't know when I will get to that yet.

Good morning everyone. Today will be a "semi" relaxing day. Probably won't get into doing to much around here this morning. This afternoon I have to help my SIL move a container that has been sitting at the side of the house for years. Now the Association wants it moved. She got the 2nd letter yesterday about it. She talked to a board member yesterday about it and he told her to just move it to the back of the house.

It is or was used to store the garbage cans, but for the last 3 years, she has stored her flower pots in it. I told her what I'd do would put my garbage cans in front of the garage and see how they'd like that. If she has to get rid of the container, then I'd put the flower pots where the container is. At least the Association doesn't mention about flower pots being out of sight. Heck, no one can even have a doghouse in her subdivision.

Time to get some breakfast and maybe dust some furniture since I can't get into replacing door hinges and door handles.

Everyone have a good day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Oh I am finally checking in.
            friday has not been kind. Too much screaming tantrum time which I am trying to ignore and change the subject.

mych cooler today but sunny and we went outside.

The cookies I made yesterday turned out well. Fancy chocolate chip cookies with toffee bits added to the two kinds of chocolate. I will make them again. I think I must have eaten a whole cookie’s worth of dough!

i am rocking a baby and Hoping everyone stays asleep for awhile.

I am ready for this weekend with only two Open Houses. One tonight that I made the cookies for and another tomorrow for friends celebrating 50 years! They married when he was getting drafted and going to Viet Nam. Nothing required for that Open House other than a card and a gift card to a restaurant . Not required, but you know...

friends have been posting huge salmon catches Daily! The guy must have a secret fishing hole! He posted today he now has enough to fill his smoker which is Big!

hope all is baking well. Growing well, progressing well in all your endeavors!

Comment

Working...
            X