Wednesday, October 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, October 16

Good morning Rounders! I've been up for a couple of hours. My B/P is good again today. Yeah!!

We have a forecast for 100% rain today. Please come on down. It's very dry here and the leaves are falling, but there are a thousand more to fall off the old Sycamore. I raked leaves for the first time yesterday. I actually raked up a decent pile and have started my compost leaf pile for the year.

Today is trash pick-up and Aldi's shopping day. I will look for a butter alternative because I like toast and spice tea for a snack or light meal in winter. I am pretty sure Aldi's does not have a low sodium butter alternative, but they do have a no salt Lemon Pepper seasoning and I'll be getting some of that. It's good on almost everything.

They have installed a new security gate system at our complex and they are saying there will not be a charge, but I just bet they will raise our fees next year. We have no control over these things, but that is the price you have to pay for living in a gated community with HOA fees.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It's raining cats & dogs here with some lightening & thunder. Yesterday was beautiful though.

Yesterday was good. I got accomplished about everything I wanted to get done. Baked 6 carrot cakes & 3 pumpkin pies. Got everything wrapped up and put away too. I made one whale of a mess when I bumped 2 of the glasses holding 1 1/2 C of oil each. Took forever to clean that up. Dang! Like you other ladies, I worked on laundry too. Cooked a real dinner.

This morning I'm running into town to go to the bank & then to the thrift store. Need to look for some jeans for Cork. Will come home and mixed up triple batches of sugar cookie dough and ladylocks dough. I might start prepping and maybe making some pumpkin rolls. They will be for my BF Maureen who's coming to visit next Friday for the weekend for our annual applesauce making.

Time to get Blaise up & moving. Might drive to the end of the driveway with all this lightening.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...I am having an ok week. Nothing to exciting. I don’t get to go to church tonight. I couldn’t get a ride home. I have a meeting right after work then groceries and Maybe Chinese food.

Comment

Morning...up a little later this morning. Really spent to long in bed because I am stiff this morning. Will work that out hauling laundry down and I have a ton of ironing. This is my stay home day...unless something else comes up and I can run out of here and leave the work behind!

Finished Andrew's afghan and he took it home with him. Started Sierra's. She was in a good mood yesterday and I am always happy not having to look at that bf. My lunch was very good! Then last night the Cardinals packed it up and headed to the golf course for the winter. It was a pretty pathetic series. Hoping for some changes next season...

Boys gobbled the chili and I ate nothing. Yes, feel sorry for me for not eating chili then give me a lecture for eating a ton of junk food before bed. Andrew wants pancakes and scrambled eggs tonight so that is my plan. Better check how many eggs I have. These guys like their eggs. Drew slathers them in ketchup..who does that when you can use salsa and sour cream? The way people eat! Better make sure there is salsa for my eggs.

My curtain came yesterday and their rod pocket and my rod are not the same size. I am going to take a picture and send it to my sister...I think I can rip out a top seam. I just ordered the valance and it is a really nice eyelet. Now if I could get the stuff hung on the walls and a rug that room will be finished. Why does it take so long to get something finished around here? The holdup is off tomorrow so maybe he will do something?

No rain here but no sun yesterday. Been a little warmer but I think the weather is going to change again. Wonder when the time changes? It is dark by 7:00 now. Have a good day everyone. I cleaned an egg the other day and was frustrated so I can imagine cleaning a cup of oil..what a mess!

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxie I know the feeling you have for Sierra's bf I have that feeling for my sil.

Up and almost ready here.
        Trash day and yard waste day so I need to get my raked up leaves out to the road next.

i got a message asking if I could make another apple spice cake for a meeting next week. I realized I was supposed to add eggs to it ( did not remember them) so I will make it correctly this next time.
        i also was asked to make 4 dozen cookies for an open house Friday for a missionary farewell. I think people think Becky has more time than she does because my friend asked if Becky could make the pretzel cookies... chocolate chip with caramels and pretzels in them.
        i did not even mention it to her. I will make and bring all the cookies. Tuesday and Wednesday are her long days and then she is meeting with a project partner on a group paper and in her “spare” time does work on her research assist job which is going over all kinds of personal stories of students and fitting the info into categories: detailed and boring to me... so no, I am not passing along a request for cookies.

One of my daycare parents told me they are moving to Wyoming in March. She wanted to give me a heads up. I didn’t tell her that works fine because I will probably be retiring by summer next year. The Army National Guard is sending them there. Climate shock for sure but a big promotion and I am happy for them.

Hope all of you have a good day. Mine is starting well reading your busy posts.
        love you all!!!

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula I sure hope you do retire and enjoy some travel...

Good Morning my friends, a dreary day here also, but that will not deter my good mood, LOL....got my infusion yesterday and then came home and made chicken enchilada's, made them with flour shells this time, hubby says he prefers the corn ones, so next time corn it is.

I have some errands I need to get done today, picking up my granddaughter a birthday card is one of them, her birthday is a week from today, hope to be there. Here gift arrived at their house, I got her a 6 month subscription to Raddish Kids..cooking.. Living so far away as a grandparent we miss so much.

Well hubby is up and we are going to get things done around here.

jostoy out being a lumberjack again...

Have a goodun' everyone.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Maxie, DST ends on November 3rd. Paula, so glad to hear you are retiring in 2020. Peace & Plenty.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Dream travel would be to meet up with you all!
            All at one place or I just road trip around!

Comment

Paula fly to saint Louis and we could fly to Florida to meet kari

Comment

Working...
              X