Monday, October 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, October 14

Good morning Rounders! Wow! Cookielady, how in the world do you stay ahead of the game with all that baking?

Well, my B/P was back up this morning. I had regular food yesterday for lunch and dinner and it definitely made a difference. Back on the strict diet today.

Not much going on around here. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning...fall weather is here for sure, but leaves are not turning just yet, need a good frost for that to start happening, we have lots of trees around us so should look beautiful when it starts.

Hubby has been redoing the paver walkways from the driveway to the front steps and around side of house from driveway to side door, also had to jack up the generator to level it again...we built in 2013-14 and now everything has settled and become uneven, think it is all repaired now...next on the list is to start emptying flower pots and put porch and deck furniture away.
    Across the road from us the land was sold and he is now in process of building a 40 x 80 pole barn, that is what happens when you live out of the city limits, however one of the workers he has made a mess of our yard by driving in it, hubby discussed repair with them.

Could not wait to get up this morning and get rid of the wires and monitor I have had to wear for the past 20 days, it is off and back in the box ready for shipping..YEAH!!

Got my menu done yesterday and went and did my grocery shopping, first time out in two weeks, felt good...still have chest and head congestion but so much better. Tomorrow is my day for Remicade infusion, need to get on Netflix and figure out what movie I will watch, I take my laptop with me and they have WIFI, great way to pass the hours I have to spend there..

Hoping to stay healthy enough to go to GA and see my daughter and family end of this month, miss my grandgirls..My sister and her husband came to visit last month first time she had been here since we moved back to Ohio, I have a cat which she is allergic to so they stayed in the motorhome she said it was better than a motel, LOL...

Donna wouldn't it be nice to spend a day together again? I like the idea of applesauce but would pass on the beets, LOL...I don't know how you do all the baking you do, canning is a piece of cake compared to all that you do...I did make some of Jackie's spaghetti sauce and canned it, have to say we love it...I had ran out of jars, and hubby said well canning season is over, THEN he brings in the last of tomatoes and peppers, well I could not let them go to waste so he went and bought another dozen jars and I filled them with spaghetti sauce..

My girlfriend, also the one I worked for in a beauty shop, her hubby loves my veggie soup, I always can it, so she ask if I would teach her how I do mine, so I gave them a shopping list, told them to have it chopped when I came over, so we made her 11 qts. of veggie soup and she canned it. Showed her a few tricks I use to save time and effort..

Well morning awaits, the best part of the day for me, plus the NASCAR race that was rained out yesterday will continue today so I want to have my 'stuff' done before then...Have a great day one and all, hope rays of happiness shine on you today.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Well I think the furnace is on for the duration until next Spring. BRRRR!!!!

Yesterday was nice. Not super busy. I went to a garage sale a few miles down the road, and I've gone to theirs before. Cork & Blaise were always along, and I felt rushed. I went by myself, and hit jackpot. The one selling kids clothes told me they were $.50-$1, but if I wanted to fill a bag for $5, I was welcome to do it. Well I filled 4 bags. I was thrilled. Blaise doesn't need another pair of jeans next year, that's for sure. Got some nice shirts/tops too. One was a white dress shirt, which he needs for the Christmas chorus concert. Looked for black pants too, but she had none.

I only had to bake one pie yesterday. Whew! Cork & I would do a project, then sit down & watch an episode of NCIS. Nice pace for the day. I dragged out all of the boxes of clothes in Blaise's room and went through all of them. I put them in stacks according to size. Labeled all the boxes because they'll all be going to Kathy's next year. Well, at least in theroy. She'll claim she doesn't have the room for them yet. Also went through all his drawers. Have a huge bag to go to Salvation Army. I've offered them to Kathy, but there again...no room.

This morning I got to sleep in. Nobody to bake for or get on a bus. Nice! I love my peace & quiet. Will be heading out soon to town. Need to pick up supplies to make my PB & Samoa pies and a bunch of carrot cakes. Will also be making pumpkin rolls in the next week. Need LOTS of cream cheese and eggs. Then home to make the pies. Will have to think of something for dinner since I haven't cooked for a few days. We had Chinese for dinner this weekend. Kathy said she'll be bringing Blaise home around 7pm.

It's so good to see you back posting Sharon.

Have a good one all! Take it easy KA. Bugger about the BP.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Donna, good to be back...

Morning..Boffler you do more sick than I do in 6 months of being healthy! This is one energetic group!! Sorry about your B/P being up again., Karlinann.

Was laying in bed last night and got a text from a friend about meeting for lunch today. She will come to my area so I do not have to drive..hate driving anymore but do enjoy visiting with her. Good thing I did up all that laundry yesterday because I am lunching out the next two days and my two good pairs of jeans were dirty. Was going to iron but there is always tomorrow...or the next day. Ask Jon to hang a mirror yesterday in the guest room and when I went to check I could only see the top of my head! So I ask him to maybe lower it and he did...2 inches..well now I can see my eyes. Here's hoping our guest are all tall!

No school today so no cooking. Working in the last skein of yarn on the afghan then will start on Sierra's. Hockey and baseball both on tonight. I did run out yesterday to the mall and ended up ordering the black jeans. Geeze I could have stayed home and done that without getting dressed. But shipping is free and they will be delivered to the house. Noticed some of the trees are beginning to turn. Saw a chipmunk in the yard. I told Jon we had a rat and he said it is a chipmunk...we have a family he has watched all summer. Seems I need to get out more often...never saw them before. Or maybe I need new glasses cuz a chipmunk is a lot cuter than a rat.

Going to stop on my way home for ingredients to make chili tomorrow. Not a fav or mine..I'd rather have some of Boffler's vegetable soup!, but the guys love it. I'm going out again tomorrow so need something I can put in the crock pot.

Have a wonderful day everyone and cheer for the right team...the Cardinals and the Blues!

Comment

Good morning..Yesterday was an ok day..work last night was a normal Sunday night. The poor girl on the pizza station kept getting swamped. I helped her as much as I could..but hadn’t own station to run.

Today is work and taking the bus home. I may stop at the grocery store on my walk home.

Comment

Well, we will see how this day goes: when the kids have been gone a few days extra it is always hard on them coming back and getting into the routine of daycare.
          ]Also, my food check rep came on Friday. She did not see on the site that I had closed for Friday and I was not here when she came. She said she knocked a few times before she saw the calendar and realized it said closed on it. Her internet was still down at the office so she had not seen I had already said I was closed...so I reallay know she will be back this week kor soon. I amready, but it is stilla challenge.

Why the foant size wants to change is beyond me! Anyway, the State and Feds want so much in the way you feed the kids and what...they make it difficult to keep everyone happy.

I had a good weekend and just hope the transition into the work week goes well.
          I had four large mats around my play structure (one of those Big climbing things with slides, and tunner, etc, and that was what held puddles so long. The kids had gone downtheslides so much over the years that there are dips at the end of the slides and the water would collect on the mats. And themats were too heavy for me to move (horse stall mats). I finally mentioned it to a friend who got another guy to help him and they came and took them out! That was Saturday and now I will be leveling the dirt in those areas and then deciding what to put there...

I have to get the day ready for kids and open things up. Heat is on and it is cozy in here!
          Hope all is wellwith you!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

I see we have a visitor or new member called Boffler. Hope she enjoys our cyber home enough to hang around with us.

Yeah I know, I haven't been around much myself. But the work around here is winding down, so maybe I can post a little more.

I left at 6:30 A Friday heading for Illinois to winterize the house down there. Since the "selling season" is the same as over, I guess I'll have 2 utility bills again this winter. I did reduce the price in hopes of getting a different group of buyers interested in it. The only good part is there isn't a mortgage on that house.

When you live 255 miles from the house, it isn't easy to keep check on it. I did unplug all the appliances and drained the hot water heater. Got the furnace set , and turned it on, after cleaning the heat sensor in it. Also turned on the ceiling fans to circulate the heated air.

Need to go to the bank and store. Really don't know if the banks are opened today or not. Will try to find out before I leave.

Hope all enjoy their day and want to say "welcome" to our guest/member.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
              boffler commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you jostoy, be careful what you ask for I will be hanging around..
          Working...
          X