Sunday, October 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, October 13

Good morning Rounders! I was up before 1 am, took my B/P at 2:20 am and it's down to normal now. Yay! I will stay on the Low NA diet and hope to get it down even further.

I ate bkfst, and went back to bed because my med makes me sleepy. When I awoke at 5:15 I had a bad leg cramp. I've never had one like that before. Now I'm forcing fluids.

I have a task to remove a Lantana from the top of the Bank. It's big, but it only bloomed once and looks ridiculous now and I'm sure it's taking precious water away from the other plants. It was a freebie planted in the middle of the yard by the birds.

I'm making Spaghetti and sauce and I already have the meatballs made. I froze a whole bowl full last weekend. They turned out really good and it's so easy to just take them out of the freezer and make a meal.

Aunt Maye I think of you often. How are you doing? Miss you.

Cookielady, I could just envision you taking those pies to that café and them just disappearing in a minute. I bet you are the best baker around that place. They should be proud to have someone to make their pastries/pies. It always leaves me drooling when you tell what you made that day.

The rest of my day will be rest, relax, and watch tv. I've been working on puzzle called Crazy BBQ and it is a mindbender. I need a magnifying glass to see the pieces. I'm enjoying it though.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning..I am up earlier than usual. There is so much to do around here and I need a day home to do it. Funny thing about laundry...even if you don't get it washed up it still keeps making more. You'd think it would be more considerate than that. Just like piling dishes...you would think they would reach a limit and stop it! But noooo...I will need two men and a boy to carry the laundry down and this family has got to start using more paper plates!! Either that or I am going to have to start staying home and taking better care of things around here.

But yesterday was worth being gone all day. We had a wonderful time and make our own party wherever. We were a group of 11 yesterday so had to wait for a table. No matter...my sister and I ran out across the parking lot to buy fried pies. I have never had a fried pie and I gotta say after having one last night I was not overly impressed. Andrew loves anything cherry but was equally unimpressed. They are big and messy so glad we hid them in the cars until getting home. Think I will go ahead and cross a fried twinkie off my list too. Think I am more into eating fried potatoes than pies.

The Yule cabin was so pretty! You open the door to the barn and it is aglow with Christmas trees in all shapes and sizes in various styles of decorations. Andrew picked out wooden nature ones for his mom and sister, aunt. I did not buy anything for myself but enjoyed going back and forth looking. The guys stood outside and did what guys do.

But today is back to work. I do like the Christopher Banks brand of jeans and want to run to the mall sometime. Have one decent pair but need a good pair and black pair. Both Blues and Cardinals lost yesterday but play again tomorrow. Gotta do better since the Cards have lost 2 in a row!

Karlinann I had a couple of Lantana and dug then out too. They just got so leggy and big. Everything has been trimmed back for winter now. I do want to pick up some feeders for the birds. There has been a Blue Jay sitting around lately so the summer birds are gone. Still see a lost butterfly or two. There was a heavy frost Friday night and not light enough to see yet today. Furnace is running....looks like the season change is here. Funny since the trees still have green leaves! Almost makes you want them to drop fast with the freaky weather...no one wants a snowstorm on a full tree!

Time for another cup of coffee and make a plan for the day. Have a wonderful day everyone. Karlinann good news on your B/P. Congratulations on your determination!

Last edited by maxie; 10-13-2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Good Morning my given name is Sharon but my nickname here is Boffler... Don't know how long it has been since being here so I will give a short run down....AFib came back with a vengeance and had to be dealt with, had cardiac ablation, no fun that day or those to follow...was allergic to the tape and when they took the bandages off the groin area all the hide came with it....had to take it kind of easy for 30 days, then came the awful monitor I have to wear for 30 days, 24/7 https://www.preventicesolutions.com/...uardian-verite, could take it off to shower, BUT was allergic to the sticky things for the probes, so had to have pediatric ones on, change every three days...thankfully tomorrow morning I can take it off and ship it back.

Was so sadden by the death of JoG, she contributed a lot to the board and fought so hard with all her illnesses...and so soon after losing Ellis.

We camped/vacationed with my daughter and family (grandgirls) at Mammoth Cave, camped in August week after ablation in IN for family reunion, hubby and I went to Niagara Falls Canadian side last month....I did a whole lot of canning and freezing this year, stayed busy in the kitchen for sure, stewed tomatoes, tomato juice, green beans frozen and canned, corn in freezer, lots of peppers red and green diced and in bags, made lots of salsa, canned peas, made bread and butter pickles, also dill and dill spears, spaghetti sauce, harvested our onions and potatoes, and got lots of shredded zucchini in freezer.

We went and removed wallpaper from Mom in laws kitchen and hubby painted it for her, now she wants he bathroom done...but right now we have to many other things going on...getting out place ready for winter, fall clean up.

I have read and tried to keep up some, but not as faithful as I should...but its cold weather season more time to sit here at computer...how is Aunt Maye and hubby doing Donna?

Hope I don't scare anyone off.Good to be back...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Boffler, so good to have you back. Girl, you sure had a time with that A-Fib. I may want to come up there and live with you this winter with all that good food you put up. LOL!

What did you think about Mammoth Cave? I've been there three times.

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Karliann I loved it I had also been there before, I didn't go to the caves with them I stayed in motorhome, to short of breath to do the walking...I would welcome you or anyone that wanted to come here, and yes winter time will be good eating.. With the nasty weather they are predicting for us we might just need to be self contained...we do have a whole house generator also. Yes AFib has given me fits, sure hope the ablation fixed that, they will let me know after they get results off of the monitor I have been wearing..I am just getting over pneumonia right now been on meds for almost 2 weeks. Taking two meds that lower my immune system makes me susceptible to anything and everything... How are you doing? I see you are lowering you numbers, that is a good thing..

Hello boffler so glad to see you! I am still under my covers but need to get moving. I have a green bean cassarole to make for Bible study! I work this evening.

Comment

Good to see you Sharon! You were missed...

Have a good day Beth!

Comment

Hey! Sharon, what a great surprise to read your post although I have been keeping up a bit on facebook!
          I am running through right now as I always seem to be late on Sunday.

Yesterday was a good and busy day. One really good thing was the plastic anti theft thing on the pants I had to return to Macy's did not go ff at the door when I brought them in. It was not from their store so no problem trying to convince them they cam etha tway form our online order. And o problem getting it off. the clerk had to take it to the back and have it removed since it was not one from their store...go figure. But all ended well!
          On to Costco after that and if I had not bought flea meds for the dogs and cats that would have been a normal food run, but the flea meds gave me a bit of sticker shock when it all rang up. But, now we have enough for a few months.

gotta go and will be back to post after church.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday started out cold, rainy, and miserable, but around 1pm the sun popped out and brightened the mood.

Sharon....it's wonderful to see you again my friend. You've been missed. I'll bring over some applesauce & pickled beets, and we can have a nice meal together. I love canning, but I don't have the time or energy lately.

Yesterday was good. Spent a chunk of my morning at the church prepping food. When I was leaving my SIL had texted me asking if her pumpkin pie was ready for pick up....SHOOT....I forgot about that. So I zipped home and got her pie made, and thought I'd just make an apple pie for down at the Farmer Stand since the oven was going. Took it down and got some fresh veggies. The green beans are so crisp & good. Then I got a text from Mel & she needed everything. So I got her 2 cream pies & carrot cake delivered to her, and then made the 2 fruit pies....apple & blackberry. Got those delivered this morning.

Cork took Blaise with him when he went to the hardware store & dropped him off at Kathy's for the next couple days...no school Monday. Had him pick up Chinese and that was our dinner. While he was doing that, I went and picked up my 2 bushels of apples I ordered. I'm done buying apples....shall we write that down? I had a relaxing evening watching some of my recorded shows.

This morning we went to church and back to SS. I was SUPPOSE to take the creamy chicken out of the oven before I left, but guess what I forgot to do? Dropped off Mel's pies and then headed for the church. I brought along my milk, and it was a good thing I did, because it needed thinned out. On my way home, I stopped at a garage sale that we saw on the way home. Amy has boys that are a little older than Blaise, so there were lots of clothes. She let me fills grocery bags for $5 each. Got 4 bags worth. Jeans, shirts, jammies, and even some swim trunks. I left Cork at home, so I got to go thru things slowly.

Not sure what this afternoon will bring. I really need to start making PB and Samoa pies since I sold the last of them yesterday. I think I'll make the Oreo crusts today, and fill them tomorrow. I need to go get more cool whip and cream cheese. Will go get those tomorrow morning. Out of carrot cakes too, so that'll be on the agenda in the next day or two. Never ending. I LOVE my carrot cake. Apparently a lot of other people now love it too.

Have a good one all!!!!! Oh btw...Aunt J is fine. Val called her yesterday and said she's going into the hospital for her eyes.

Comment

Working...
            X