Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ 4/26

Good Morning!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, although it is still dark. BUT the MOON OMG! Looked just like a pumpkin. WOW

Another day without company or tasks except the garbage collection. I feel like I'm on vacation.

I did the smartest thing for me. I ordered cat's litter from WM. It came to my front porch. I can't lift it in the store or put it in the car, so this at least got it here.
    Nephew showed up and carried it to the garage. Excellent!

So today its steak and fresh corn on the cob. Wonderful corn available at 10/$3 in all markets.

Well, I have been cleaning and if I can get the photos to work, I want to show you what I've done.

Hugs to Everyone

Good Morning! Corn on the cob...sounds so good! We have to wait a little over 3 more months until we have some.

​Yesterday was good. My scheduled appt with my PCP was rescheduled to next week, so I called Becca and we had breakfast. Went to the thrift store after that and came home with clothing for all 3 of us. Fun! Next Monday they are having a sale with 50% off everything except furniture. Normally it's just clothing & shoes that on sale. I did get the sugar cookies all iced. Had just enough icing, which was nice. Didn't have to make more and didn't have to pitch much. Took Blaise to karate. He's really starting to look like he knows what he's doing....for a beginner.

This morning is Bible study. Not sure if I'm going to come home and bake or pay bills. Will cook a real dinner tonight.

Have a good one all!

​Elaine....that's why I love Amazon....I'm a Prime Member, so I order stuff & I don't have to struggle getting the big stuff home or hunting all over town for certain items.

Comment

Good Morning.....Elaine enjoy your 'vacation' day, hopefully some nice weather and outdoor sitting would be wonderful..

Donna glad you had free time and you and Becca had a nice visit..

Ladies I do a lot of my ordering on line, like Elaine kitty litter is so much easier that way, and since I started using Slide from Arm & Hammer, so much less litter outside the box from the kitties. I do my ordering from Chewy.com, really fast turn around from ordering to delivery, all within the same week...

I have corn on the cob and cut off corn on the cob in the freezer always taste so good...

Going to finally get to use my rotisserie on my grill today, bought one last year and never got to use it, that is my mission for dinner tonight, along with corn and not sure just yet what else...

The sun is shining, supposed to be a nice day for the most part, so I am looking forward to enjoying some outdoor time..

Have a great day one and all.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning. Not sure if the sun is going to shine today or not...too early right now for much light. I am up early because it is shopping day! I cannot wait. Will be meeting up with the girls at 9:30 for breakfast and then whatever shopping anyone has. I have none but that does not mean I will not find anything...

We bought corn on the cob last week as the guy was putting it out. He said it had just come in and it was delish! Jon went back Saturday for more and we also had steak and corn on the cob. Yummy!! I think we paid 5 for $2.00. It was so sweet. That is one of the reasons we bought the sealer so when corn comes in season we can freeze it. Wonder what type of fruits we will have this year with the weather being so cold so late?

No reason why bf decided to grace us with a visit but I am thinking it could have something to do with our summer plans. No vacay this year so we are planning day or weekend trips. Tubing, going back to the lake with a group of family, there is a train festival in June within driving distance etc. Just family things and she was told we were not hauling along someone with a problem over our opinions and judgements. Why would we add to the expense of a day out for a perfect stranger who decided he doesn't like us. I get a jaw and tooth headache when I see him. But we will see. He seems to not understand he needs to please us and not the other way around. Dumb ass jerk!

No cooking tonight so will order pizza. We actually have not has pizza in a long time. Well, good pizza anyway...they have been eating those pizzas Andrew sold for baseball and he is still not on a team yet. Seems they cannot field another full team. The better boys are naturally all cared for but the scrubs are hanging. A lot of parents pay to take their kids to select teams and Andrew is not that good nor would we do that. City league is where his friend should be. Parents are strange beings...sorry folks but not every family has an extraordinarily talented child. Lots of kids are normal but some parents have not caught on to that. I like sitting at games and talking to other parents grandparents and not competing among the players on the same team. I dunno. was I that bad as a parent? Doubtful...neither of my boys were outstanding athletes.

Well need to leave in an hour so if I want another cup of coffee better get going then hit the shower. Looks like the sun is going to shine..it is going to be a good day but the sun makes it better. Have a great one everyone.

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          Blaise isn't athletic either. He's the one talking to other players and you constantly hear his name being called by the coaches....BLAISE! You need to be ________________. That's why I'm hoping karate will be better for him. The parents are karate aren't talkers though, and that's part of what I like...talking to another adult.

What's this kid like? Does he not have a sense of humor? Or is he all PC?

Good morning everyone.

​Well yesterday didn't turn out to be a restful one. Left about 11:15 to go help E. mow. It usually takes about 1 hr 45 min to mow her whole yard. She mows around the grain bins and other areas that are considered "farm" areas.

​We then went to lunch and had a great Taco salad. We both had enough left over to have for supper. Then I changed the oil in the small mower that I use for trim work.

​Came home and showered just in time to get ready for Bible Study. So yesterday was another full day. At least when I got home, my neighbor told me we wouldn't have to go to Charleston Saturday to help her grand- daughter move. She already had enough vehicles to do the job.

​I'm so proud of Katie as she has put herself through college. Her dad died 3 years ago unexpectedly on Christmas day. She had just started living with her dad in July the same year. As to her mother...well she doesn't or hasn't talked to Katie since she moved in with her dad. So all she has is her dad's grand-parents and an uncle on her mother's side of the family.

​Today it's my yard mowing time, weed eating, and oil changing time in the mower I brought from the lake. I think I will take the "lake mower" out to E's, and sell the one I have at E's. I have an "almost" new push mower here at the house. Mine here isn't as heavy as the other 2 self propelled ones. Besides my yard is flat and E has a side ditch that would be a "bugger" to push a mower on.

Time to get this day started. Everyone have a great day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

rushing through this morning. I have a timer going off, too!

I am going to buy that litter you told us about, baffler. And will look into having Walmart ship iut, Elaine. I am like you: it is too heavy and I may as well try another way than buying smaller containers or the very expensive light brand.

I have two desserts made up. One for tonight, the peanut butter chocolate one on Facebook with Nutter butter cookie crust, and a white Texas sheet cake for tomorrow. They just taste better done up a day ahead.

I will be back later and try to post on my phone!
          Have a great day!

Comment

Good morning, all you early birds. 😄

I do have a haircut appointment this morning. Yay! So I called yesterday, and her husband said “you’re lucky, we just got a cancellation.” Yeah, sure. When I looked online, the whole morning was blank on appointments. Well, I did get in, though. Despite the salon prices, I’m one of the best tippers she has. She has made room for me in the past.

Not planning on doing much at home today. I still want to try on some summer clothes at one of the stores to be sure of my correct size these days. Honest Injun, one of the side effects of my new med is weight gain. 🙁 I just have to deal with it.
            I also need to pick up some birthday cards.....got about a dozen family birthdays in May, plus a graduation!
            I told E that I am not sending anything to one of our granddaughters. We never hear from her, never a thank you for the checks, never a greeting card. No acknowledgement of anything I sent to her new baby. Never answers notes or emails. She has been too “busy” with family and 3 jobs (actually two, but she spares a bit of time for her husband’s business.....an attorney? I’m sure he has an admin staff at work.). One of the other kids saw her family photo on Facebook, and she’s trying to hide her girth behind her hubby & kids...she’s now wider than her height. But there’s always M&M’s filling her pockets. Pity.

Yesterday I took my family pack of lean ground beef, and divided it. Made a bunch of meatloaf patties. Also made a big pot of Spanish Rice. We had the SR for supper with veggies. E really loved it. We’ll have some of the patties tonight. I do need to get more veggies. It turns out that I do not digest corn, so E will have that til it’s gone. I’ll have other veggies.

Well, I had my breakfast, cleared out the dishwasher and stacked it. I should get ready for my haircut appointment.

Have a great day, everyone.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X