Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, the First Day of March

For what it’s worth, it is a little closer to Springtime. 😄

Today we have things to finish up, then pack a suitcase. As I mentioned yesterday, a niece has passed away. Her home is a state away, so we are going to her funeral which is this weekend. No need to hassle with an airline, so we will drive there. It’s about an 8 hour drive.
    So I might or might not be posting til we return home next week. I don’t know how many of her Midwest siblings will be able to come.

And with that, I need to get breakfast started and get things done today. E is awake early

Have a good day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Oh, my gosh! the wind is howling, screeching and wailing outside. It woke me up at times during the night and is still going. there is rain with it so I can't complain. And the power is on. That is one reason I am posting now, in case it goes out. I am on the same power grid as the hospital so we rarely lose power and then only for a short time unless there is something major like when a transformer blew on the street behind us one Summer!

Becky is happy she has power to get ready. It will be a hard drive to chico this morning. Our winds are sustained at 30-40 and gusts around 55mph.

It will be a good day for painting in daycare and other inside activities like balloon toss that I use for days like this.

I have laundry that needs to be done and floors that need a Swiffer treatment.
    also, the donation truck will be coming through the 9th and they take almost anything. I am going to give them the things that I don't think will sell in my friends' yardsales. It is a neuropathy center that collects your donated items and has a tax deductible form so that is one reason I am happy to get their notice.

I hope you all have a good start to the month and stay safe no matter where you are!

Comment

Good Morning, I like the idea of one day closer to spring especially with the prediction of snow today, LOL

So sorry to hear of the death in your family, please be careful on your travels..

I started my morning on a sour note, my daughters Mother in law sent me a link to an author that has a book called Hillbilly Elegy by J.D Vance, he will coming to our area and she thought of me...I think it was the word Hillbilly that she noticed, LOL....yes I am a hillbilly from the hills of Eastern Kentucky, we have a bad wrap for 'outsiders' not all of us were poor and illiterate...and his story is not even close to my life so I felt a bit insulted...mainly because I feel that my son in laws family looks down on all of us as does my son in law...they were brought up with silver spoons in their mouths, etc., etc. so my communication this morning was to let her know yes my Father was a coal miner but also worked for a gas conversion company which meant we traveled and lived in many different states and went to many different schools, and told her that is why my husband has always teased me and my sisters about being 'educated hillbillies', LOL So was I wrong in taking her info the way I did? Should I have just thanked her and let it go? I am proud of my heritage and proud of my life....

Okay enough of that, it is very rainy, dreary, dark, damp and I will get out of this nasty mood by eating some Girl Scout cookies,

Hope everyone is doing okay, need to read yesterdays post...

Have a good day one and all.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Sharon, don't you even sneeze my direction to cause *your* snow to move in my direction.

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I agree with that snow thing...keep it to yourself! My mother in law thought we were beneath her and I never did understand that. My dad was a factory worker and did handyman work on the side for people. My husbands father was a self employed plumber and made a wonderful living but they only raised one child which also made a difference because my mom and dad raised 4 of us. I think what got to her was the fact that her son preferred my family! My dad taught him everything he knew about remodeling and doing his own home repairs and he loved my younger siblings like his own brothers and sister. The crowning blow was when he died I had to become his mother's guardian...she was in a a nursing home and never knew he was gone. I tried to be a good mother in law and have a great relationship with Andrew's mom...mommy dearest we all know about! I understand how in laws hurt and how you not only have to live with that but the fact that your husband doesn;t always see it. You did good to defend yourself.

Good morning all.

​Paula, we also have rain, but our winds are only to be 30 mph with gusts of 35-40. So we are as bad as yours.

Today is cooking day. I've ran out of meat so will be cooking. I also have 2 packages of bacon to fry up. Wanted to get them out of the freezer. And the final thing is making up a box of pancakes. Will freeze them in 2-3 packages. I like just going in the freezer and pulling out cooked meals. Just call me lazy.

​Will be taking E some things as tomorrow is her surgery in Champaign. I know she won't feel like cooking anything for a few days.

Nothing else going on here so will bid you all a very good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Always dislike strong winds We lost power for about 4 hours beginning of the week I didn't even know it until hubby got up and said our generator was running.. We have a whole house generator that kicks on really quick when the power goes out so we are never without electric..so thankful for it, peace of mind.Hope Becky has safe travels..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Wow, Paula, those are some winds! It is just rainy here this morning and if it stormed I slept through it.

I thought I was late this morning but looks like everyone is sleeping in. Went to bed early and slept late...good night! Andrew decided to come back tonight instead of going to the farm like usual so I have to cook. Fortunately he told me what to cook so that takes the thinking out of it...chicken.

Today I have laundry, a meal to cook, floors to mop, need to run to Staunton to hit the bank, and Sierra has a scribt to pick up....and you know as soon as I make a special trip home they will call tomorrow to tell me my taxes are done and I will have to go back. As soon as she gets up I will see if she can last until tomorrow and may postpone my trip home until them. Weather may clear up by then too.

Yesterday I baked a cake! Ok, it was a box mix and tub icing but was also the first cake I have baked in over a year. Andrew and I were the only ones to cut into it and I will have another piece for breakfast this morning. Well, I have nothing else to say. If I do not mop that kitchen floor soon it will have things sprouting from it soon.

Hope you all woke up to a beautiful day and are all well and healthy. Have a good one all!

Comment

Hi everybody. Yes, I'm still around. Just need to let the world know that IT'S POURING RAIN here. First decent rain this season. We were all beginning to worry since the last drought was so hard on everyone. Wind is expected to get rather bad later this morning but is quiet as a mouse.
            Speaking of which, one has taken up residence in my kitchen. Saw it dash by yesterday evening while I was cooking dinner. Like Tom, I hates meeses to pieces.
            Made myself a nice little Japanese dinner. Nothing hard about it although it take some prep but by the time it was done my stupid back was spasming and is still tender this morning. Guess it's going to be dump three things in a pan and put it on the stove again.
            Everyone take care.

Comment

Hi Barb,
              So nice to see you here again!
              Hey, we got some rain, too. It was all night the other night, plus most of yesterday. Thanks to whoever sent that our way. 😄

We caught one of those meeses a few days ago, in our garage. When I was very little, my dad made cage-type traps and catch the field mice that came in. 🐁. He’d tie a string around its neck and hand me the other end of the string, and I’d walk it all around the basement. They seemed so cute back then. Mom would get so mad at him for that! The ones here are larger and fatter, but are not rats.

Well, back to my chores. Waiting for my pants to get out of the dryer.

👋
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X