Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 24th

its Sat.. where are you all.?
    its rain rain and more rain.. so will have another day of reading ,puzzles.. .ets.. just wish I had a cook... so I would not have to think about fixing meals.
    ..... and I will be back . so come post please

Hi Janet! Hi Y'All!!!

Well, yes, more rain here. Another inch yesterday. We did have to go to hospital, and water was standing everywhere, but the roads were passable.

John got his MRI and it was pretty rough. His head was lower than his body, they had an IV in for contrast. So uncomfortable the whole time. Plus when they removed the IV, huge blood loss from is arm. Soaked his shirt sleeve. They got it stopped. We came home and he rested most of the afternoon. Then he developed a small fever. But this morning, he is OK, and I'm so grateful for that.

On top of that, we learned that our neighbor passed away 2 days ago and knew nothing about it. It's sad when you have to learn about a neighbor's passing from the newspaper.

On the brighter side, I don't do asparagus well, if you get my drift. I "stink" after I eat it, but a friend brought an asparagus quiche to church (a husband, would you believe!) and it was SO good, so that's what I'm making for our lunch.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a good Saturday!

Comment

And again it is a rainy morning...so far this week we have had over 4 inches. Hope this satisfies that drought thing. Decided against driving to my sisters today so will stay home and maybe mop a floor or two, or just make it a Hallmark afternoon. Did get the rugs washed yesterday..in fact for a few hours yesterday afternoon there was nothing dirty in this entire house that could be shoved into a machine.

No one but me here today and probably tomorrow too. Give me alone time to ge4t over the fact that the Blues may not be playing playoff hockey this season. Cannot lose 5 in a row and play on...thank goodness Cardinals are a month away.

Will gladly send this rain on to whoever wants it. A little sunshine would be a wonderful thing! Stay happy, healthy, dry and warm everyone!!!

Comment

Good morning all.

​Maxie, you can send that rain STRAIGHT north of you instead of NE. I have a yard full already, and ditches that have never had any water in them before. Or maybe we could ALL go out and blow this rain west to California where they've had some real drought for a number of years. Some might even drop around JoG's area. She is always saying they need rain.

No real big plans for me today. Didn't make it to Ind. yesterday, so I could do that. Will also study my S.S. lesson today.

Everyone have a good WET day if your in the Midwest. The rest of you ...just have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
          Another restless night. Either I ate something I shouldn't have, or else I caught a stomach bug.
          Another cold and sunny day. Yes, I would definitely welcome rain, especially downpours. Or anything that lasts more than 20-30 minutes at a time. The desert wasn't so bad when we were younger, but at this point in life it's too arid, and just not that enjoyable any more. The sun destroys so much.

Today, E wants to go shopping. Groceries. I'm putting it off til about noonish, and see if my tummy settles down.
          I'd just as soon have some quiet time in my jammie's. All day. But whatever.

Have a very good day. 🤗
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Afternoon all! I soggy mess here. I NEED SUNSHINE!!!!

​Yesterday was good. A slow but steady day. I got 6 PB cream pies made & into the freezer for future orders. The restaurant called, so I did up a carrot cake & a couple of cream pies for them. I had a pizza & hoagie delivered from a gal at church for a fundraiser. Would you believe Blaise didn't like the pizza because it was too cheesy?!?! That boy is so picky. He had another great week at school, so we watched a couple movies before he went to bed. I tell him he gets to stay up until midnight, but it was actually 9:30.

​This morning I slept in. I finally got roused when I got a phone call from a friend/customer. She ordered 3 pies & 3 doz raisin filled cookies for Tues. Guess I have my work cut out for me. After a shower & breakfast, we all went into town. Normally Cork goes by himself, but I wanted a few things, so we went with him. I wanted to go back to Sharp Shopper and pick up a few more of the deals I got the other day. I also showed Corky where these items were so that if I want them some Saturday, he can stop & get them for me. We went to WM, and I spent more time waiting for help than I actually did shopping. Took 3x paging someone before someone FINALLY arrived in the Jewelry Dept.

​Not sure what I'll get into today. Laundry & cleaning for sure. May make Corky's food for his lunches next week.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              And at ours, the same thing. And in the fabric dept! On a Saturday!!! When do they think women get a chance to go look for fabric??

Good Afternoon to all...a soggy dreary one here also so yes it would be great to send it to JoG or anyone else..

Hubby went to MI to help youngest son again, that pole barn is huge and they have insulated, put in walls, not doing the metal ceiling after that it will be lights and garage door...I was going to go but we went to the butcher shop yesterday and I have my work cut out for me separating a packaging the meat...bacon, sausage, gr, chuck, round steaks, pork steaks, fresh ham steaks, chicken breast, western style ribs...nothing better than fresh butchered meat, no additives or liquids...

So just taking a break, going to get some lunch then start again...

Have a good day one and all...
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

And that is a slow day for you? You need to spend a day here if you want to know what slow is! I canot even work up enough gumption to bake a box cake!! I have to agree with Blaise on fundraiser pizza...or any fundraiser food. Andrew is selling now and we have to order on line with a credit card then his mother will still have to deliver.

Comment

So happy you all showed up ..... made my day...

a wet day , some rain but not steady... a good day to stay home .. however David found a reason for going out. he wanted to get the older car running... it has set in garage for over a month.. waiting to go for inspection... it worked just fine . so hoping they don't find too much wrong with it.. garage bills can get HIGH... ( and of course, I drove him.. ) after lunch I disappeared into my Lady Cave. to read. worked a lot of jigsaw puzzle.. sure is a good way to waste time... could have been cleaning cupboards. right?.. nah...

DAvid is finally feeling better... but he is still having lots of balance issues... if he would just carry that cane around !!!!!. but men are such stubborn people. I will insist he take cane to Church tomorrow... don't need him to fall in the parking lot!..

see you in the morning ..

Comment

Working...
                X