Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Early Friday Morning to all

Good Morning...will not moan and groan to you guys this morning, LOL

Actually I have an INR test this morning, then from there we are heading down the road to GA, I have the back seat in my Grand Cherokee all ready for me, can keep my feet propped up to keep the swelling down, will have my IPad, phone, snacks, and drinks at hand...Since they doubled my dose of the metropolol it has helped, now we just have to get my blood levels stable and then try again...not complaining just explaining..

I have a great desire to see my grandgirls, I actually did make the ornaments with the applesauce and cinnamon, but I also made some plaster like ones made with flour, salt and water...I have a few things to learn about making and baking ornaments...but the girls will have fun that is the whole purpose..hubby also smoked a pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches we are taking, the family loves those, especially the grandgirls...also made cupcakes with lily pads and frogs on top so we can celebrate Madison's 9th birthday with her, her birthday was actually the 23rd of Oct., we bought her and American Girl doll bed for her doll, she loves her doll, she has had it since she was 6 and takes such good care of it...

Need to get my shower, get dressed and then wait for hubby to get up so I can make the bed before we leave, that man refuses to make the bed, he has changed my habit so much, I liked making the bed before I left the bedroom in the mornings, can't do that now, he says "why make it, just going to sleep in it again tonight", and "no one sees that room but us".

Don't have very good service in GA, not sure how long we will stay, depends on how I feel...so will be in touch when I can...take care one and all, and not to worry I am a tough ole bird, LOL...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning.
    Yesterday I had to drive home from the CC when the sun was level with my eyes....that is soooo blinding! But most of the drive was in twilight, thank goodness. Enough light to see without glare.
    But I have to go back again this morning to get those lab tests done. I don’t see why they couldn’t get them yesterday when scheduled. It would give the doc my results a bit late, and save me the hour’s drive today. But when the doc appt was done, the lab was closed....but the stupid computers were back up again.
    So I got an appt for labs late this morning, then have to tell the guy at the clinic desk to let the doc know it’s done, and then he can make my next appointment with the doc.
    For what it’s worth, the doc says I’m looking very good (I had no complaints this month), my last tests in September were very good. However, we need the current status of my blood levels to see if my bone marrow is remaining in remission. The chemo probably stopped it’s progression, but the question is for how long.

We also have to stop at our old bank, because they didn’t close one account, although they said they did at the time I closed my account. They now charge $10 if there’s no account activity in a year. Those of us who want to save money are pretty much cheated in that way, unless you deposit every year. We have a local bank because it quick cash on hand if we need it. Our military banking system doesn’t do that, but it’s based in another state.

Today the temp will be back to the higher 80’s again. But at least it’s staying in the 80’s....cooler than it’s been since last spring when summer temps appeared. Gardens were planted 2 months early!

Well, E wants to go with me today, so I have to make sure he’s up earlier than usual. Getting dressed over that sling takes a bit more time. Then there’s breakfast.

Have a good day, everyone. ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Well yesterday at this time, I THOUGHT I'd have a free day, but that "went out the window" just as I was pulling around to the other drive to hook up my trailer. My neighbor wanted me to take her to Vincennes, but I told her I could do it today. So I'm up early so I can get myself together before 9.

I finished at E's about 4p yesterday, and when I got home, my leaves needed mulching. So I didn't get to come in the house before 5:30. Boy was I tired. But I do like outside work, and if I didn't help her, she'd never get her son to do anything.

With the freeze and the wind, my yard doesn't look like I did anything yesterday evening. I'll do my yard again tomorrow. It'll be warmer than today. Today's high is to be only 39. A little too cold for me to be out on the mower. My neighbor behind me is going to get a surprise this year when I don't pick up his leaves. I've done it for 5 years and not even a thank you. The least they could do would come out and do some raking away from the bushes and tree. If he can run all the time, he is supposed to be disabled, he can at least do a little raking.

​Well now that I've done some BI***ing, I'll just say have a good day.

The nice thing about being senile is You can hide your own Easter eggs.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Another sunny morning..I think it may even warm up a bit this weekend. No school for either kid today and Sierra is working and Jon has his sleep study tonight so will be leaving early evening and I will be home all snug and alone! I do need a trip to walmart...need a new shower curtain rod and will finally replace the shade Andrew broke flying a drone in his room. I think Scott has decided to make it a one day trip but I will have Drew's room neat and clean in case. I just hope I can get in and out of walmart with just the two items I need! Why do we go in for one item and come out with a cart full?

Sharon have a wonderful trip! Spending time with those girls may be just the medicine you need. Take care of yourself and enjoy! Jo, know what you mean about the position of the sun...I drove into it as it set yesterday and then home in the dark. That was an inconvenience to have to go back today. Jostoy you are always on the go and how lucky your neighbors are to have someone they can count on. Wow, you would think the guy behind you could at least thank you for his leaves...guess he will be surprised this year!

Evidently we are getting mail today and not tomorrow so now I need to determine if the banks are open today and closed tomorrow or if they are closed today and open tomorrow. Why does the government mess with holidays? Years ago my husband got the original Veterans Day off but the kids got the Monday/Friday one off. So that was the day he and I took off and Christmas shopped. It was the one day of the year we shopped alone and I remember we would lunch at a 'better quality' restaurant...like with a waitress and table. I remember one year he drove around with 2 bikes in his trunk for a month because there was no place to hide it that was safe from sneaky little boys. Hey, remember when trucks were big enough to even do that?

Going to call for my haircut next week...no, I never did that but I did run the vacuum so I did something this week besides the endless pile of laundry.
        Be safe on the highways all of you venturing out and about today.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          OUr trunk was always the gift hiding place!

Jostoy, I would also think he could do a little something! Like more than a note...oh, well, I think you have given him a lot of service and now he will see what he Had when he no longer has it!

Sharon, what AG doll does she have? I can't remember if you said it before. And which bed did you get? I have one of the beds (I think it is a trundle) up in my closet. Only one granddaughter who wasn't in to dolls that much. I bought Rylie a Bitty Baby and matching outfits when she was younger, but she just didn't play with dolls, so I never bought one of the regular AG dolls. Becky has 4. My nieces were very much into them and even went to the AG stores in Chicago and NYC.

JoG, having to drive another day!!! At least E is going with you. Hope you can have a day out and enjoy yourselves.

My mother was able to drive herself on Wednesday to her luncheon with school friends (Class of '50!) and then to the PO and the cemetery. Yay, for being able to get around a bit. It really helps that our town is so small, but the luncheon is on the other side and more difficult traffic, so her driving there is an indication that she really does feel back to her old self.

It will just be the three of us for Thanksgiving. I saw some smaller turkeys last night at Walmart. One is called a L'ill Butterball and that is what I am getting

Tonightis our first shelter dinner (I know; I said that the last few days) and .I didn't do any of it yesterday as I thought I would. Toddlers and Baby were just too fussy. today because it is a school holiday, I don't have the one fussy 2 year old, or the baby, or my 3 year old. I will have a school boy (the one who did not come as much as I thought he would in the summer, but his mother is the one who referred the new jparent, so I am taking the school boy in gratitude!) All of the parenthetical remark just shows how I waffle on issues! Anyway: today I will cook up the whole casserole and it will be fine.

Rainy and windy here so it may be a day inside and that makes for some creative play (forts and camping out stuff!) but all in all, it should be a good day.

Oh, before I forget: my son in WA asked for photos of my dad and brother in uniform for a slide show they are doing in a Veteran's Day program..it might be today or yesterday...my brother sent Stuart is flight jacket and some ribbons given to him by an older friend who served in Korea and Viet Nam who didn't have any kids or family to pass them to. Stuart wore the jacket to school for the program with a Navy tee shirt he got last summer in Annapolis. The pictures looked great and I will post on the rounder's page on Facebook.
        Tell your Veteran's Thanks for all they did and thanks to their family support, too!

Comment

Good Morning Rounders, no plans for today. Put on the coffee pot and it refused to work, so no coffee this morning. Littered around in the kitchen yesterday and even had supper cooked when Candie got home from work.

Tomorrow will go spend the night with Ellen and see my Ebil one. Would love to have her with me but Ellen and Larry are so attached to her and she loves them so will leave it as is. For a cat who would have nothing to do with anyone, she has made up with all my kids and grandkids. The only kid she hides from is Keithan's little brother, but then he is super hyper.

Boff have a great trip know you will have fun with the grand girls, don't worry about the ornaments being perfect, they will love the imperfections more as the years go by.

Comment

You’re right, Paula. That took a chunk out of the day for us.
            Left at 9:30, hoping to get in early. Got there at 10:30 sharp, appt at 10:50, but there was a line already. The corridors are long. Had to wait a long time to get to the guy at my clinics desk (there are 3 clinics). He made the note to tell my doc, then we made my next appointment.......my doctor is out of the country that month, so I’ll have to see the NP. After that, he said I couldn’t leave til the doctor saw my test results in case there was a problem. (He didn’t anticipate problems and was going to call if there was one.). But the desk guy was very insistant, so we sat down in the waiting room. Finally a nurse came with my results....they were good! So I went back to desk guy and asked for yesterday’s printout of my appointment. We got out the door at noon sharp. E bought me new Fitovers sunglasses in the gift shop on the way out. They’re more stylish than the ones I have.the valet returned our car, and E wanted to stop for pizza on the way home. A nice break for me, from driving. Plus there’s leftovers for supper. I’ll make a salad to go with it.
            The day took a lot out of us. Him with the bad arm, too.
            I’m considering a nap, tho I usually can’t sleep during the day — but I do feel kinda sleepy.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X