Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday....November 8

Good morning everyone.

​The leaves are falling like crazy here this fall. I'm trying to keep up with them by mulching them up this year. I usually just pick them up for the city to vac. them up, but decided to mulch this year. Leaves are good for the yard. Even my newly planted grass in my "use to be garden" has leaves that I can mulch to give it some nitrogen.

​The idiot appliance man is to come again this morning. This is his 3rd trip for the repair of the refrig. door. He WILL fix it today one way or another. I made a fatal mistake of paying him up front instead of paying when it got repaired. NEVER again, and I knew better this time. But sometimes "STUPID" kicks in.

After he leaves, it will be out on the mower to chop more leaves again.

Everyone have a good day.

I believe . . .
    that just because two people argue,
    it doesn't mean they don't love each other
    And just because they don't argue,
    it doesn't mean they do.
    Last edited by jostoy; 11-08-2017, 08:32 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good Morning.

Hi jostoy! We had a problem with our door and John fixed it. Had to order some rings from Sears. Ordered 3. After 4 weeks of waiting ???? 2 arrived in a damaged envelope and 1 arrived in another on another day. Wow! Yes, leaves are coming down like rain here, as well. Never did get any gorgeous colors this year, just brown and crispy.

Never had an argument. We are amazingly symbiotic. Which is amazing considering our age difference, our backgrounds, etc. But love abides here. So much. God granted me an amazing partner, and as he ages and his illness takes over, I realize it each and every moment.

Rain here this morning. Drizzle, actually.

Hairdo for me today. Thank goodness! Cooked a bunch of veggies yesterday, so no cooking.

Hope you all have a super day. Love you All ~ ~
    Last edited by ladyebug; 11-08-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Morning...it is bright and sunny with blue sky and probably cold. I do like watching the leaves fall like rain and the colors here have been full of reds and oranges. As for raking or mulching....heck we still need a final grass cutting! Season just sneak up on us here.

Today I have nothing to do. That does not mean I don't have things I could do and probably should do, just things I am pretty sure I won't do. I may plug in the iron and watch Hallmark movies but that is still up in the air. I need to call for a haircut but Friday is the only day I have where I can make the trip. Tomorrow is noon dismissal and to call and get in today would be a miracle...almost as big a miracle as getting a Friday appointment on short notice. My last haircut was one of those 'not so good ones' that just happen sometimes and I cannot stand it. My wash and wear is now dragging out the hairdryer every morning!

Have pork chops out for supper but have no idea what to do with them. Also need a meal idea for tomorrow since I will be leaving as soon as Jon gets in from work. It will be just be him and Drew so maybe they can go out...need to check that with him. Guess I'll shower and get dressed...just can;t think of anything else I want to do today...

Comment

good morning. I almost said Thursday morning. Wishful thinking, trying to hurry the week along.
        The interviewing mom called and said she would have to come today...at 1:00 or 1:30! Nap time! I said ok to 1:00 since that is the beginning and I don't think she will be here that long. We just have to check each other out and I have to determine she can meet my schedule...Only three days a month that I absolutely
        need to have her child picked by 5:00.

Our first shelter dinner is this Friday. We decided to make shepherd's pie with ground beef and all three of us are happy with an easy recipe. I really liked the way the Yukon gold potatoes mashed up for the daycare and will use those for the shepherd's pie.

My mother got all the wrapping off her thumb and hand and will not have to go back for a month. I hope it all gets settled by the time Becky starts next semester because she will be going 5 days a week and won't have any days to take my mother to Chico for appointments. Her in town surgeon better be able to do anything else she needs...or we will sign her up for a medical transport service. I know my brothers and I can help pay if it isn't covered by her insurance..

there isn't much going on here that is new or exciting. I guess that can be a good thing!

Elaine, I don't remember arguing but even better, our kids always say they never heard us argue. I know we didn't agree on everything, but somehow got things worked out without any drama. I am just so glad our kids noticed.

Have a good day; stay well and be happy!

Comment

Good morning.
          Not much happening here today. Lately I’’ve been just dragging, so even though I woke early-normal-time, I went back to bed. Good a long “cat nap”. I feel better.

So tomorrow afternoon is my doctor day, not looking forward to the lab work, but it’s necessary.

I need to feed and mulch our trees for “winter”, such as it is. I’m late at it, but then so is the weather. Nothing colorful about autumn here.

E continues to do well, but not with much patience. His surgical follow up is Monday of next week.

You all have a great day! ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon, what a day it has been. Left home at 7:00 a.m.arrived at hospital 7:45 got a lab draw then went to cardio floor. Got undressed, in my gown, heart monitor on and IV started. Lab paper came up procedure cancelled INR to low, chance of stroke or clot, so undo everything then wait another hour to talk to Dr. Now back to getting INR readings and as soon as it gets two/three good readings we will try it again. In the meantime live with pain, swelling, shortness of breath, increasing med from 50 mg twice a day to 100 mg twice a day, should help with pain and extra strength Tylenol. He is going to review my charts to make sure he isn't missing something. After that we went for breakfast and lots of aggravation there. So came home, got in lounging pj's and got my feet up and watching tv.
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Jostoy any results from your test?
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

All were negative
                Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
                X