Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Nov 6th

Good Morning! It's a wet one here.

Yesterday was good. When we got home from church & SS and I posted here, I laid down for my Sunday afternoon nap. I had planned only to be down 30 minutes, but SOMEONE turned off the timer, so I slept an hour. That was perfect because it gave me energy for the rest of the day.

Blaise had a friend over for a couple hours. The little boy is in his SS class & school class. They were great together. While they played, I started working on mixing up cookie dough for this week's baking. It took the rest of the day & evening to accomplish that. That maybe hard to believe, but I didn't make a single batch of any of the recipes, but rather x6 and the sugar cookies was x10. I made a pot of chicken rice soup for dinner. Cork ask if I made his food for his lunches this week, and I told him NO! Eat soup & other leftovers for one day.

Kathy & Matt came for a few hours. I ask if they could hang out long enough to take Blaise to Kidz Club at the church, which they did. When I went to pick him up, there was lightening, and you could tell a storm was coming. We got in the car and started home, and about half way there the rain started pouring down in bucket loads. Hard driving and at night to boot.

This morning I'm going to start baking off the sugar cookies. Aunt J is coming to scoop grease balls. Talked to Sue yesterday, and she's going to see how she feels tomorrow and may come out to work for a bit. No rolling for her with her rolling pin. I'll let her scoop & roll balls of dough.

Well, time to get Blaise up & moving for the day. Have a good one all, and Sharon.....call the doctor(s)!!!!!!
    Last edited by cookielady; 11-06-2017, 07:12 AM.

Good Morning to dark here to see out. Don't know what time Candie left this morning, I heard her alarm but must have fallen back into a deep sleep.

Ellen messaged me, grandson made one of the big papers for football.
    Everyone have a wonderful day

Comment

Good morning...feeling nervous for my mom this morning...she goes into surgery at 1230 to have her nose worked on...She has sleep apnea and they think they can fix her nose so she won't need a sleep mask...

I am hoping that work goes quickly today....it could or it might not...yesterday was a huge sale day so it could really be a mess which will make it long....or it could be really empty that will make it go fast....I volunteered yesterday for a few extra hours..and I got to work on the table in the back room....something new...made me feel really good and greatful to not have to interact and fight the crowds.

Comment

Morning...no sun yet and cannot see enough to know if it will come out today. We missed the big storms yesterday but where Sierra was she got hit. She says the ground was white with hail! I can attest that the temps dropped like a rock in record time. Back to winter...and we all know that winter sucks!

Did not sleep worth a darn last night but I am sure I will have enough energy to make it through a day of shopping. Pretty sure the malls will be slow on a Monday this early in the season so we should race through them.

Got a message from my Texas brother about the shooting yesterday. They live outside of San Antonio and the nearest city the news used as a reference was SA so he wanted to make sure we all knew they were not near. What is wrong with the people in this world? Why can't we handle life's crisis's without trying to kill those surrounding us. A lot of this is a political problem but a lot more of it is that we have no social and/or coping skills. We have abnormality leading this country with lying and corruption and we take the funding from mental health programs but we allow scary people to carry a gun at will. I heard a man say we need guards in our churches...our CHURCHES need guards? We may have come a long way people but have come to a screeching halt and with the leadership being offered in this country we have gone back 50 years and still picking up speed! Well, you all knew I would have to put in my two cents for what it is worth...why are there so many more crazies out there than normals?

I did not watch the news this morning so have no idea of weather for today but house feels cool again and trees are moving now that it is lighter. Jon is off today and there are a ton of things he could do but not expecting much. There is still lattice pieces laying out and the hose needs to be put up for the season. Things he should see need to be done. But on the good side I do not have to cook today. They can feed themselves and do not have leftovers to fall back on since they cleaned them up on Friday. To see them fend for themselves makes me happy. Hope some of you get sun and warm temps...

Comment

Hi Everyone. :

Fall weather here. Nice temp today but lots of leaves falling, and it seems they are all in our yard.

As you can well imagine, our TX news sources are filled with this horror. Our attorney general wasted no time in jumping on TV and advocating for more guns in church.
          Never had any use for him and now he's proven why I feel that way.

I came here to think about pies and cookies, and that's what I'm going to do today. No TV or internet for me.

Hope you each have a good day.

Comment

I know I don't feel like watching the news this morning. I just keep thinking of all those people who went to church and didn't come home...and then I read a young mother and her friends seriously talking on Facebook about how they feel so afraid at church, thinking of how their backs are to the doors and during Sunday School their children are in another wing of the church and how would they get to them quickly...I never had a thought like this when my kids were little.
            And now we are talking about how to be safe at church...at school and even at daycare!

Today is Becky's first volunteer day at the shelter, so she won't be home till after 8:00 tonight. I will be without the car and that is fine. like a quiet evening with no pressure to go to the store for whatever I think I need during the day!

Wouldn't you know someone asked me to care for their 2 children when I have an opening for just 1. I know it will all work out; this would have ben a great family because it is a teacher's family and her day ends at 2:30.

JoG, that is a great idea to ask Judy about those cookies. I am going to ask on her Facebook page so maybe one of her friends will know if she doesn't. Using the brownie mix is ok, but not as good as the original.
            Also, Jo, could you tell me again how you make the gingerbread cookie using the mix? I can't find it in the Kitchen forum.

It id chilly enough here, about 48* this morning, that the cat came back inside after going out first thing and the two little dogs are buried deep in their blankets.
            I like it when they are all quiet!

Prayers for all of us to be safe and healthy, happy with what we have and generous with what we can.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
              I slept late today, but was awake for some time during the night. Again.

Who expected that shooting to happen yesterday? The news was a shock. I’m sure I don’t want to hear/read any more news today. We, too, have family in the San Antonio area, but they weren’t affected. Guards/guns in churches? Unthinkable!

Beth, your mom is in my thoughts today.

The cool weather here continues....Mother Nature must be serious about seasons changing.

Not sure what’s ahead for today.

Hope you all have a very good day.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Yes very sad world we are living in, well a scary one for sure....had early appt. had to see a Dr. the pain is almost unbearable, they will do another cardioversion to put my heart back in rhythm and get me free of pain, shortness of breath and feet and legs swelling, Wednesday can't get here soon enough...had nasty storms around here, we didn't have internet, phones or tv last evening and part of the morning...hurts to sit here on computer and type, check in later...appreciate all of you and don't you forget it...
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

good afternoon .

got a slow start this morning ... but had a night free of ankle,leg cramps!!. I put the heating pad at the foot of the bed on med.high . where my feet could be laying on it.. keeping the feet and lower legs warm seems to help ... A Lot.

went to Donna's ..make her up cups of shortening into white baseballs.. and had a very very good chat with her..

I think some of the blame for the craziness in this world has to do with the fact that the NEWS media make toooooo much of shootings. and hate stories.. maybe not in this particular story from Texas but this story has stirred up the remarks about Gun Protection in Churches...that is even more insane..

had such a lovely weekend with the family at camp, ... with the two great-grandchildren.. finally we got to really "know" them. for 2 yr old Logan, to know US.
                  fun, food and lots of love and laughter... and Shawna and Travis, the new parents of Elsie.. got some Sleep.and someone else to hold ,feed and nurture the baby.. the missing members were Missed.

this evening DWTSs ,semi finals already...

Comment

Working...
                  X