Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ November 5 ~ End of Daylight Savings Time

Good Morning.

Well, I've been wandering this house since 4a. Changed the clocks and made some oatmeal bars for church.

Nothing new happening here. Weather is unvelievable. It hit 90 yesterday, and it's not much better this morning.

We were infested with a swarm of Lady Asian Beetles on Friday afternoon. I walked through the entry, and the door and entire porch - walls ceiling, columns covered.
    Had to call for help. Jarrett washed down the front porch and front windows and door with hose. Nephew arrived with insecticide.
    If it had not been for this vacuum, we would have had to move out. Probably sucked up several hundred from inside alone.

People all over the county were talking about it on FB. Not just here. Very scary bugs.

So, might as well get ready for church now that everything is ready. Have a wonderful day.

Yesterday was just a really good day!

Today I have to work 10 til 2 at the latest.

My parents have been here for the week end...they have plans today. Will go home today. I won't get to see my parents for a while mayb not until thanksgiving. My mother is having surgery on her nose in the morning.

Comment

Good Morning....our plan is to go visit our oldest son today and take them out for dinner...we are supposed to get some nasty storms not looking forward to that, but we do have a whole house generator if we should lose electric...we have had two tornadoes that came through here in Novemember...I believe 2008 was the last time...weird month for tornadoes...I will be calling my cardiologist first thing in the morning, the pain that I am suffering with has got to stop, AFib is awful...well time to get dressed and get this day started, pain meds and potassium..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning!
        Elaine, what do those beetles eat? I can't imagine what that would look like to wake up to so many all over! Old Testament plague days...yikes!

Well, I am happy to see it lighter out and our dogs seemed to be ok with the time change. They didn't wake up until the clock read (correctly PT) 5:30, I was worried they would be up at 4:30..

Church and then a quiet afternoon at home. Becky is baking cookies for the shelter; she starts her volunteering tomorrow. I am still trying to find a recipe for the chocolate cake like cookie I had in Utah. I found one that is close and that is what she is making for the shelter.

Hope you all have a great day. Blue skies are showing here and no wind, so far.

Comment

We have been attacked my the asian beetles, too, but not nearly as bad as you in Texas! They are annoying and hang around the doors. They will also fly right at you and then land in your hair or wherever. I have seen them a lot thicker around here in other years so this year must be the year they liked Texas! It is very warm out this morning but storms are suppose to arrive this afternoon some severe. Hope not...why does a nice warm streak have to be broken with heavy storms? I need to grocery shop this morning so need to get started before the weather changes.

Jon actually had the nerve to say there is nothing in the house for him to eat....so stop at the grocery. You know what you want or need better than I. But since he is working I will trek out to the grocery. Be nice if I could roll Sierra out to haul in bags before she takes off for the day, all day, every damn day! Her mother has been on the phone a lot lately and I am seeing a mood change in Sierra. She has the woman on speaker phone so I hear the conversation for the most part and none of it is bad but it is just the fact that talking any length of time with that woman makes us the brunt of Sierra's nastiness after. Then she spends even more time with that loser of a boyfriend. I suppose I will hate that woman for the rest of my life....a life she is still not making any easier by being 16 hours away! I have been a great believer in karma but I am not to sure anymore..then I wonder if it is karma is hitting me for not being as kind and gentle as I could be or could have been...ya know? AHHHHH!

I did lay around yesterday and do a couple of loads of laundry and unload the dishwasher then settled in for an afternoon of Hallmark and an evening of hockey. Good day and will enjoy another today after I get these darn groceries bought and in. Need to track down an Amazon order that was suppose to arrive last Monday. I have never had an Amazon order get lost...in fact for some reason this season no matter where I have ordered from, they are shipping and arriving quickly.

Changed the clocks I could reach last night so the others are still registering Old time. I ask Jon to get the other clocks but guess he is to weak from lack of 'his' food to lift a clock off the wall. Oh listen to me be mean and nasty again but I do get bummed sometimes. I cannot tell you how much I like things done my way, when I want them done and how I want them done. Anyone want me as a roommate?

Beth Thanksgiving will be here so quickly. Sharon enjoy your trip and dinner out. Elaine, hope you got a handle of those bugs...the next freeze will take care of them for sure! Happy Sunday all...tomorrow is my shopping day if I don;t get back.

Comment

Good morning.
            AZ doesn’t do DST, so no problems with it here. Besides, when you become a senior, eventually your “body clock” frequently readjusts your wake-up and sleep times.

Elaine, I’m sorry to hear about the lady beetles. I googled them, and geez I can’t believe the problems they can cause.
            Glad you got it taken care of. Also, I was surprised to hear about the temp spike you had.

Temps remain in the low 80’s here. Should drop to the 70’s one day soon. Nights are in the 50’s.
            BTW, I just read that a grasshopper infestation is attacking AZ crops!

(((((Sharon)))))) Hope your doc can soon give you some relief from the pain.

That chocolate cookie sounds so good, Paula. Now you’ve got me craving that!
            Do you think that maybe Judy Garcia might be able to get you the authentic recipe? Or perhaps at Copycat Recipes?

I’m cutting up coupons and going briefly through the paper. I’ve taken care of the fun parts of it, but my brain doesn’t want to see the news yet, especially the political stuff. Someone sent E a U-tube video, “From Russia with Love - Trump”. Very well done touched-up movie clip. I know Maxie will like it.

Well, I’m ready for breakfast. Then need to do a couple loads of laundry. Maybe a bit of yard work for a bit of much needed exercise!

Have a super- duper Sunday! 🤗
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! It's a very dreary & wet one here....again. We did have sunshine for awhile yesterday.

Yesterday was nice. Got to sleep in a bit, then puttered around here. I talked to our realtor/friend from Bradford, PA for some house advice. Becca wanted me along to look at a mobile home that was for sale. Ran a few errands before going up to her place. She LOVED the realtor that showed her the place. She was very kind, but matter of a fact. Answered all her questions w/o making her feel stupid for asking them. After talking to Becca, she didn't recommend the trailer route, but rather a brick & mortar house. She gave he a name of a lend to get pre-approved for a loan, then they will seriously start looking. Wants Becca to find out what price range she's eligible for. After we were done doing that, we called my youngest niece. We picked her up at the college and went out for coffee & a donut at the new Dunkin Donuts. Had a really nice visit there w/o her Mom putting in her two cents. I love my SIL, but she's a bit controlling & negative. There is NO WAY they'd be encouraging their kids at this point to be looking at homes to buy. Life is a learning experience, and there is never a perfect time. She may find she's not financially to do this, but the bank will tell her that.....not me. Becca thanked me for encouraging her to get a Discover Card her freshman year of college, because now she has an excellent credit rating already. I knew she could handle the responsibility.

Came home, put the groceries away, then made dinner. Called Sue to see how she was doing & had a nice chat.

This morning was church & SS. It's All Saints Sunday, and at the beginning of SS we found out one of the ladies that goes to our Thurs Bible study passed away this morning, so she'll be one of the Saints mentioned in late service. She'd been suffering for years with Diabetes & heart problems. She was only my age.

Came home & I've got chicken simmering & it'll later be turned into Chicken & Rice soup. Next will be mixing up a bunch of cookie doughs for this week's baking. Blaise is having a friend over for a bit this afternoon. Kathy says she'll pop in...we'll see. Not holding my breath. No cards tonight. SIL is going to a wedding today.

Sharon....please, please, PLEASE take care of your heart issues BEFORE going down to see your grand daughters. See....I'm not the only one in my family that nags. LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

good evening

will tuck this here at the end of the day...

we got back from camp about 5.. I dropped into a recliner and rested...
                was such a heavenly treat to have family and especially the two great grandkids.. do not see much of them. discovered Logan the 2yr and 1 month old BOY is all noisy boy,, so physically ahead and his language skills improved ..almost talks and reasons like a 3 or 4 yr old.. he finally got acquainted with me.. we Played the Piano together.. ... and then there was the 4 week old Elsie.. ahhhhh.. we all got to hold and cuddle all we wanted... and her mommy got a real rest from constant care.. this little one is so active.. she can stretch and wiggle and it would be dangerous to let her lay on anything open..

was just a pleasant, 2 days.. but happy to get home. catch up on your posts
                Maxie , still laughing at your description of yourself.... if you are that ,,"get it done,,now, person.". your family thinks you will always do it all.. and they let you.. my hubby is a bit like that. or was in his younger years.. now, he just gets frustrated when someone says they will fix this or do that and don't do it immediately...no patience. ...that type of person is Hard to live with.. BUT.. he is right,and so are you.. if they say they will do or should do something ...they should do it!, .
                more from me tomorrow.. right now I am ready to sleep!!.. hoping leg cramps do not show up tonight!

Comment

Working...
                X